What's new

General/Other - Kano New Patch: Kano is great overall

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Even if it takes a few frames to get the input it's still 4-6 frames. And for a matchup that up until this point has been "Block low you idiot", it's a pretty big deal
I think more realistically it would be like 9 frames but hey, when I see it punishing stuff at -6 then I'll fold lol.

SPY

Noob
Can anyone tell if they change total frames on b1? Is it still recovers quickly on whiff?
And there is still b1[gap]3?

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
I think more realistically it would be like 9 frames but hey, when I see it punishing stuff at -6 then I'll fold lol.
I've used it in match already. At the lowest height it's definitely not 9 frames. Not even close. Looks to be about 4-5 frames. It's literally a complete guess for them.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I just cant get over the b1 nerf why NRS but ok ill just focuse more on cutthroat. We actually have a ligit 50/50 character now the the range on b1 is increased no more wiffin the overhead boys.

Keep the good work up coach steve always cool watching your kano in tournaments

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I did want to see Coach's opinion on B1 being -8, but he doesn't really use staggers. Or rather, his use of B1 is B132+4 on block, B13xxDB1 on hit. So it doesn't really seem to be an issue for him

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I've used it in match already. At the lowest height it's definitely not 9 frames. Not even close. Looks to be about 4-5 frames. It's literally a complete guess for them.
I mean, like I just haven't seen air Kano ball used to punish anything at -6. But anywho, you're the main, I'll take your word for it.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
The only real worry is consistently getting the instant version. I need input shortcuts on to make it happen, but I also play on pad for MK.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
So @MrInsaynne if you don't mind answering a question which btw your kano is beast mode incarnate.

What do you think of f3 2+4? I don't see a lot of cyber users use it and I think it's vastly underrated and looked down apron. I do wish it was a bit faster and that it could compensate and low grenade strings he does not have yet...

Just thought I ask.

I still feel cyber is pretty good, but definitely the weakest Kano.

The change to b1 sucks for him. It's weird because the b1 change is a buff for commando, since less blockstun means he can use it as a tick into command grab and it doesn't really matter on block anyway because choke is safe, so you can just fish with b1 xx choke or b13 xx choke and not worry about the frame disadvantage on b1 or b13. But for cyber there's no positive aspect to b1 being unsafe and he doesn't have a safe tool like choke to cancel it into.

Instant air ball being overhead is fine, it's nice that it's a mixup now, but that's a heck of a bet to make considering how unsafe it is. And it's nice that the clock counts down faster, that makes zoning more viable, but it's really only helpful at the margins.

And I agree about up laser, it's cool, but having to spend a bar to create damage out of it midscreen when you have legit antiair normals or just ex up ball it's kinda weird to spend meter on up laser.

I'm stoked for commando though, seems really strong now!

ando1184

Noob
I still feel cyber is pretty good, but definitely the weakest Kano.

The change to b1 sucks for him. It's weird because the b1 change is a buff for commando, since less blockstun means he can use it as a tick into command grab and it doesn't really matter on block anyway because choke is safe, so you can just fish with b1 xx choke or b13 xx choke and not worry about the frame disadvantage on b1 or b13. But for cyber there's no positive aspect to b1 being unsafe and he doesn't have a safe tool like choke to cancel it into.

Instant air ball being overhead is fine, it's nice that it's a mixup now, but that's a heck of a bet to make considering how unsafe it is. And it's nice that the clock counts down faster, that makes zoning more viable, but it's really only helpful at the margins.

And I agree about up laser, it's cool, but having to spend a bar to create damage out of it midscreen when you have legit antiair normals or just ex up ball it's kinda weird to spend meter on up laser.

I'm stoked for commando though, seems really strong now!
This is exactly how I feel about the change too, but seeing as how kotal can b1 tic throw and he's not at -8, I don't think it's justified.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Yeah they ruined one of the coolest normals in the game b1. I use to love playing cyber just because of his bad ass elbow mid and bad ass knives. Now they ruined b1 and mid knives isnt enough to compensate for not having a somewhat threatening game upclose.

Why would they ruin this character ill tell you why because they dont reward players with good fundamentals and good footsies cyber kano was such a cool character pre patch now hes a joke

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
EH DD3 power up is safe on block cancel, that means safe hit confirmable 50/50s for a bar right?

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I mean to get full combos out of it. I was asking the combos notations.
No you weren't, you just said he had safe hit confirmable 50/50s for bar:
EH DD3 power up is safe on block cancel, that means safe hit confirmable 50/50s for a bar right?
And I said his 50/50s are safe and hitconfirmable without meter.

But if you want to know notations then his B1 overhead leads into the string B121 on block to be neutral or B12~DB1EX/DD3EX on hit for a combo, and B31 is +1 on block and B31~DB1EX/DD3EX leads to a combo.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
No you weren't, you just said he had safe hit confirmable 50/50s for bar:

And I said his 50/50s are safe and hitconfirmable without meter.

But if you want to know notations then his B1 overhead leads into the string B121 on block to be neutral or B12~DB1EX/DD3EX on hit for a combo, and B31 is +1 on block and B31~DB1EX/DD3EX leads to a combo.
Lol all your combos require a bar...