What's new

General/Other - Kano New Patch: Kano is great overall

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
While I never was really one to say Kano was a low tier/mid tier character, These changes that Kano received were significant across the board. He is amazing to me. Lets go over a few.

Air Kano Ball is an overhead:

Guys.................air Kano ball is 2 frames..........Ok moving on.

Up Ball hits on first active frame**

Stars next to it for testing. Because I was told that it still doesnt. Might be a training room bug but record the CPU doing something, and do the Kano ball yourself. See If it can punish. This is great if it can.

Cybernetic Up Laser is 6f

This is cool, very fast anti air that can be meter burned for some good damage. Still prefer B1 anti air tbh but this is still good.

B1 tick grab in commando. Combo on hit using 1 bar.

The B1 tick is awesome. Completely unnecessary imo but I wont complain. Super strong change
B13: The 3 comes out much faster which is good for combos. Sometimes if you do too many B1s, ending in B13 will result in Kano Ball missing, this will no longer happen.

B13 1+2 now can be meter burned for combo extension (Commando)

This change is important because you can hit confirm B13 on the ground now and go into this for a decent combo. About 30% damage which is ok. Remember Commando is a grappler. Doesn't need absurd damage.

Cutthroat (Buffed out of this world AGAIN)
I wont even get into this one right now. But yea. Kano is life. I will also be playing Bo Rai Cho since hes my favorite character in MK history. But Im looking forward to the new Kano. Because he certainly is brand new and improved

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Well lets start with Cyber, cause the other two are legit. I know how strong CT is and Commando. Can you honestly tell me you still prefer Cyber after the other two got buff? Why Cyber jas nothing significantly new?

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
Well lets start with Cyber, cause the other two are legit. I know how strong CT is and Commando. Can you honestly tell me you still prefer Cyber after the other two got buff? Why Cyber jas nothing significantly new?
2f instant overhead and a normal clock. If you don't think those changes were signficant, idk what to tell ya man. All Variations are very strong.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I will be playing cyber and CT. I love them both and I agree with Steve that all variations are very strong.

Btw...I think you were right about the db1 hitbox above his head in CT. Lol

AND Iwill also be playing Bo.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I just dont see Cyber being better when the other two varations been buff. I mean at least give Cyber more damage on knives.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I really lost interest in Cyber with B1 being -8. I'm sure it's not the end of the world, but It's enough of a turnoff for me that I'm focusing on Cutthroat now

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
You know what come to think of it.

I'm going to agree about cyber.
What they did with the patch is not as significant as CT or cmd but it's not really as if they didn't touch him at all.

That 6f up laser... There's something about it that I think will improve his defense a lot more. That recovery is pretty quick and I really want to lab and isolate that move too see if we could already build on the laser as punishment with a viable 112 or 32 string in or close to the corner.

B13 is important too and you did cover that. I do wish f3 2+4 was aslo touched to give better frames to make that more useful to use.

I like to use that f3 2+4 more then b23 string and b13 string in combination because I find it ore consistent for connecting longer combo's mid screen with out wiffing during my inputs for b23 2+4. I hope that's not too confusing.

Anyways I don't think I'm going to drop him because he's not so much at the same level as 2 patches in from day one but I still think us cyber users still need to try and seek a little more help and use what we got.

For now.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
All I really saw was the OH air ball and the increased range on b1 in Cutthroat and my jaw kinda dropped a bit

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I don't think instant OH Kano Ball is 2f all together though lol jump frames and travel frames would make it slower but idk. It'll be funny if I'm wrong.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I don't think instant OH Kano Ball is 2f all together though lol jump frames and travel frames would make it slower but idk. It'll be funny if I'm wrong.
Even if it takes a few frames to get the input it's still 4-6 frames. And for a matchup that up until this point has been "Block low you idiot", it's a pretty big deal

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The laser buff is irrelevant. B1 is a good enough anti that gets 22-24% meterless whilst laser means you have to spend the precious bar to get only a little more damage.

The b1 nerf sucks and b13 being -2 on block is slightly annoying, but the OH ball is pretty tight.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
The OH ball is the biggest change for Cyber IMO. the B1 nerf really throws off how pre XL cyber kano's play (including me).
cutt throat b1 buff is lit. commando is ok, cause neutral jumps and armor everywhere.