What's new

New Mortal Kombat Game Details: Kiefer Sutherland working on title

TemperingMoon

I Am The White Wolf
"Sutherland's been working on Metal Gear Solid for over a year, but said he completed Mortal Kombat"pretty quickly compared to [MGS5].” He did not specify his role.

Warner Brothers was unreachable for comment, and did not respond to email inquiries about Sutherland's involvement and NetherRealm's future projects."

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Im extemely excited about a new MK game but as much as I love the franchise I think I will just watch youtube clips and tournament stream and wait for the patched ultimate or complete edition!

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Hmm, interesting! I doubt they'd hire an actor of his caliber just to do the voice of any of the regular characters. I dunno, this could be really good or really bad. No Jack Bauer in MK please. Don't get me wrong, I liked 24 a lot and his character was way awesome, but Jack Bauer in MK just sounds wrong.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I just wanna mention that this time around I'm not gonna listen to the other scenes I'm involved in. I plan on playing for real and having a main. Its a different kind of fighter than my main stuff usually is but its still really good. I wish I had been in early enough to go in on Smoke, Kung Lao, or Sonya when MK9 was huge and I regret neckbearding alongside the rest of the Marvel folk on it. Yeah yeah yeah...its still fucking fun and nothing is wrong with that. The scene's dedication to MK9 won me over and proved no matter what each scene felt about it that it was still a very high level meta to play in tourney and worth enjoying.

I'll be here this time for the ride with you guys. I make no assumptions as to who I'll main or why. I'm just gonna play them all, feel out the game and make a choice based on my results. I'm very green on MK but new game means new stuff so I'll have fun learning it. @Vote4theGote Looking forward to running locals on this with ya man. Hope your Sub Zero gets fixed.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
I just hope the 2 main posters boys of MK get to be top tiers in MK10 and lets just pray its a fighter!

shaowebb

Give every character the option that instead of fatalities they can just have a twerk off with the opponent like the old mash button Test Your Might games at the end of matches. EVERY character. All of them. Get back to Twerk Baraka...million sold.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Starting to get too old to be a action star and a has a really good voice for narration. Makes sense to me at least. I wouldn't be surprised if this started to become a new thing.
I have to say i find it interesting because i always here interviews with voice actors saying they don't really like it when "hollywood" type actors take voice acting jobs (an example of this is Nolan north very quietly stating his displeasure with this at a panel him and Troy Baker had, and Jon St. John aka "Duke Nukem" also stating how hes not happy when hollywood types take over voice over roles and the backlash with Metal Gear 5 and David Hater aka Original Solid Snakes voice actor not being involved in which he stated "they didn't even call me"...).

Im glad Mr. Sutherland is going to be a part of the MK project but at the same time hearing/seeing Actors get replaced with Hollywood actors makes me very worried about trying to pursuing this "field" of media/theater...

Last edited:

DarkPage

Noob
What if the new superman movie where it's just jam packed full of people is secretly also the new mortal kombat movie and that way they release dc vs mk 2 along side the movie.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hmm, interesting! I doubt they'd hire an actor of his caliber just to do the voice of any of the regular characters. I dunno, this could be really good or really bad. No Jack Bauer in MK please. Don't get me wrong, I liked 24 a lot and his character was way awesome, but Jack Bauer in MK just sounds wrong.
U be quite please

If there's one thing mk needs is jack Bauer and water torture as his fatality

His trait is Chloe always there to get him out of block stun

always i hier kiefer Sutherland i can only thzink of the three musketeers
U be quite please

If there's one thing mk needs is jack Bauer and water torture as his fatality

His trait is Chloe always there to get him out of block stun
everytime i hear kiefer Sutherland i can only think of the three musketeers and this song:

but yeah i hear hes a tough guy and cool now :D. nevermind im cool with it as Long as he does good.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I can finally be on the ride alongside everybody else during announcements and when it comes out and tournaments begin. And, also to finally level up with fellow MK players. I always lacked that type of hype whenever a new MK game came about, so I'm just glad to be abel to do this now. if Kenshi returns, damn right I'm gonna try my hardest to main him.

shaowebb

I can finally be on the ride alongside everybody else during announcements and when it comes out and tournaments begin. And, also to finally level up with fellow MK players. I always lacked that type of hype whenever a new MK game came about, so I'm just glad to be abel to do this now. if Kenshi returns, damn right I'm gonna try my hardest to main him.
Yeah, this will be my first ride here in the community with an actual MK game. I came in for Injustice. After giving MK a shot though I regretted not being there in spite of its flaws because above all else it was fun and its community was really dedicated.

I'd like to be a part of that with MK this time. I had a blast leveling, and testing GA, Bane and the rest so I know I'll enjoy posting with you folks on MK when it hits.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
He might actually be Ace Merrill from "Stand by Me"

...........just saying. The dude DOES pack a knife, after all. POSSIBLE ZONER ALERT!

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I have to say i find it interesting because i always here interviews with voice actors saying they don't really like it when "hollywood" type actors take voice acting jobs (an example of this is Nolan north very quietly stating his displeasure with this at a panel him and Troy Baker had, and Jon St. John aka "Duke Nukem" also stating how hes not happy when hollywood types take over voice over roles and the backlash with Metal Gear 5 and David Hater aka Original Solid Snakes voice actor not being involved in which he stated "they didn't even call me"...).

Im glad Mr. Sutherland is going to be a part of the MK project but at the same time hearing/seeing Actors get replaced with Hollywood actors makes me very worried about trying to pursuing this "field" of media/theater...
Totaly agree. My hype for MGS V is huge but it would be unbelieveable if Hayter was involved.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
he did some voice acting for Call of Doo Doo ... Im assuming its voice related.. Hopefully he plays the voice of Sheeva

He was the main bully in the classic movie Stand By Me (i never forgave him after that)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't care about Keifer Sutherland being involved in the next MK. I DO, however, care about the next MK. Can't wait.

Also, if it's some horseshit like Shaolin Monks 2 instead of MK10, I'm going to Hara Kiri myself.

Lastly, put Bo Rai Cho in this shit. And Tremor.

Justice

Noob
Just remember to not get too far ahead of ourselves here. The only actual confirmation we have is that Mr. Sutherland is working on A Mortal Kombat title. I'm kind of konflicted tho. While I can't wait for an MK10 announcement, I feel strange in my tummy (not in a good way) about Keifer doing a voice. Don't get me wrong, I've watched/own most of his work. It's just something about the timbre of his voice that doesn't scream MK to me.

I personally don't care about "name" or "celebrity" voices in games as long as THEY FIT THE FUCKING ROLE! Hiring a celebrity simply to sell copies blows chunks. Having a celebrity do a new character/ip is awesome. Replacing David Hayter, an already established and well-loved performer, is moronic and an obvious cash grab. The only exception is if the performer themselves either wants to move on, feels there is nothing more they can bring to the character, etc. Unless your name is Mark Hamill. Then you just need to stop sniffing cheap paint fumes ;)