What's new

New MK9(?) Trailer Incoming?

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I wouldn't really mind if anyone added Tremor, but trust me, it'll never happen. Boon could not be any more opposed to Tremor for whatever reason.
Probably because the only game Tremor has been in Boon wasn't involved in which sucks.

I would be opposed to Fujin because he was desiged to kick my favorite character out of the game. :grr:

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I'm guessin DLCs and then Vita MK title or the other way around.

Reasons:
1.- Halloween
2.- Somewhat close to xmas= money.
3.- DLCs sold well
4.- DLC season time as [MENTION=5151]Altaire[/MENTION] said.
5.- With over 3 million copies sold and the joystick award thingy, I'm guessin NRS is feeling pretty confident for their well done job.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Its either 3 things.

MK vita, I don't think its this because they would unviel this at a trade show, but it is coming.
MK9 "GoTY" edition, which is just normal MK9, but it comes with all the DLC on the disk for new buyers, just in time for christmas.
The rest of the classic costumes, MK2 mileena, MK2 male ninjas, and UMK3 male ninjas.(its probably this)

It's too late for jason, its almost halloween, no way they are going to have a trailer hit the same day they release him, and releasing him a few weeks after halloween is completely missing the point.

It's also not other character DLC, the reason they decided against it despite it selling well is because the online community died, because the online is ass, and random tournament players are not a big enough player base to sell DLC to.

Altaire

Noob
Its either 3 things.

MK vita, I don't think its this because they would unviel this at a trade show, but it is coming.
MK9 "GoTY" edition, which is just normal MK9, but it comes with all the DLC on the disk for new buyers, just in time for christmas.
The rest of the classic costumes, MK2 mileena, MK2 male ninjas, and UMK3 male ninjas.(its probably this)

It's too late for jason, its almost halloween, no way they are going to have a trailer hit the same day they release him, and releasing him a few weeks after halloween is completely missing the point.

It's also not other character DLC, the reason they decided against it despite it selling well is because the online community died, because the online is ass, and random tournament players are not a big enough player base to sell DLC to.
Honestly, the GotY release is the only one that would really piss me off. Even if it IS just the rest of the classic outfits, I'd be pretty content, even if it isn't ideal.

Still, I'm banking on the Vita trailer or possible new DLC. Again, we'd be just in time for winter DLC, and with Christmas coming up, it would be the perfect time.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
You might be right, there is a hotfix that's supposed to come out to address Cyrax. Though, this would be a lot of costumes to include, considering they've only included 2 per patch in the past.

I can't completely rule this out, yet, there's still 3 days. They could've cut a deal with Sony and MS to release him on the 31st.

SZSR

Noob
Who's "we"?

Because, y'know, I could not give less of a fuck about Fujin or Tremor, and I'd only play Tanya if she was decent/fun to use.

And Storms, if it makes you feel any better, there are two likely outcomes for the Vita version of MK9:

1) MK9 for the Vita is bound to have some kind of bonus content to rake in people who own MK9 but don't give a fuck about having it on a handheld for its own sake, so it may be a character.

2) If it IS a character and it isn't something retarded like a Sony exclusive (or even something as specific as a Vita exclusive), they'll more than likely be released as DLC for the consoles. Think Blazblue, where there were three DLC characters released for the console and the PSP exclusive just added them to the base roster. This would probably be like that, and it could mean one more season of DLC characters with the Vita exclusive being that they'll be included for free. I mean, it'd give them another piece of DLC for the consoles without actually needing to release anything new just for a Vita exclusive, so it'd make sense, right?

Keep your fingers crossed, man. I would be surprised if Shinnok gets added to either version unless the Vita continues the story, though. I wouldn't mind it since I've always thought Shinnok was pretty cool, but it seems unlikely to me, as Boon's openly stated that Shinnok is "always on and off the DLC list". You never know, though.

In either case, it's best that we all just remain cautiously optimistic until we know what's up.
Do you remember what interview Boon stated that about Shinnok?

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
UMK9 or I'm showing up to Evo in full Sam Fisher / James Bond / Ezio Auditore cosplay and stealthily destroying every gaming station possible.

Then I will show up on the big screen and say "Boon sends his regards", then I'll leave the troll face on every monitor in Vegas.

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
I think there's a good chance that it's UMK9. They weren't planning for it originally, but Boon has replied to plenty of tweets requesting UMK9 with answers like "Hmm... would you REALLY want that?"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
[MENTION=2]Tim Static[/MENTION] will come to NECXII, sit in the corner and play his handheld MK9 PS Vita... the whole weekend.

:coffee:

Tim Static

Adminerator
[MENTION=2]Tim Static[/MENTION] will come to NECXII, sit in the corner and play his handheld MK9 PS Vita... the whole weekend.

:coffee:
lol more like Winter Brawl. I think it comes out just before WB.

but i'd be playing Mame on it, silly.

Gamma

Plays too much Civ
I am hoping for UMK9 and/or a DLC release. If it is a Vita release, I expect to see a video of [MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] kicking a cat. . . . Just kidding of course. :D

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
If it was UMK9...I am pretty sure I would gasm on the spot...
Same... except I would never stop.

This would be a good move on their part to provide themselves with the chance to fix the game, keep the current players, and bring in players from other games. A lot of people hate the game due to retarded glitches like the input bug, cyrax 75% and up combos, complete inconsistency, random trade winners, etc. This would also explain why they said they will never fix the input bug for MK9. Maybe it's not worth the effort since UMK9 is (hypothetically) on the horizon.

I seriously hope NRS is actually being smart right now.