What's new

New MK9(?) Trailer Incoming?

Justice

Noob
Every patch has broken the game a bit more. A new release? It'll prolly fall apart before it makes it to the disc drive.
lol I didn't mean it like that. But seriously, to fix this game they need to rebuild from the ground up, give us an epic training mode and have the best from tym and shoryuken, etc. test it. Much of what got patched in 1.05 shouldn't have made it into the release version. An "Ultimate" version, aside from the painfully obvious cash-grab, would be one huge patch with a hard-copy backup. They aren't going to go back to R&D for another 2-3 years for a game that's already been released.

SZSR

Noob
Uh-oh, Ed Boon interview shows some interest in the PS Vita:
@ 2:30

JK, i'm cool as long as more people play MK.

Unfortunately, that was WAY back, so I honestly can't remember. He's said as much on his twitter as well, so you could probably scroll back to around May/June/July and find it.
It's cool, you gave me a time-frame and that's all I needed, thanks!

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/54075/face-time-mortal-kombats-ed-boon/

Found it! @ 2:13, thanks Altaire.

Altaire

Noob
Well, MK for the Vita IS confirmed, a lot of people don't seem to get that. The reason so many people think it might just be a Vita trailer is because it's confirmed to be coming at some point.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I'd love an UMK9 as well, if it's just the Vita release I'd be pretty pissed off too.
However, I do want them to release a Vita version, not with anything exclusive though.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah, I think we can out rule the Vita, honestly. Has to be Jason (or Michael Myers if they paid for the rights; I'd prefer him the Halloween deadline), UMK9, the hot fix (new costumes) or a stand alone game. I've heard a rumor that they're working on a MK beat 'em up.

SZSR

Noob
Yeah, I think we can out rule the Vita, honestly. Has to be Jason (or Michael Myers if they paid for the rights; I'd prefer him the Halloween deadline), UMK9, the hot fix (new costumes) or a stand alone game. I've heard a rumor that they're working on a MK beat 'em up.
It could simply be the Vita trailer.

Chron

Hello there
While this doesn't necessarily relate to the topic at hand, I have seen a few mentions of people hoping it to be Jason from the Friday the 13th series. Now, am I the only one that doesn't want this to be what's potentially awaiting us? I mean, Freddy wasn't expected at all and I think quite a few people were disappointed to see a character from a, in my opinion, failed horror series. The thought of Jason being added to the game just makes me feel the same disappointment that I felt when I heard about Freddy. If this incoming trailer really is about a new character, I'd prefer it it they were previous MK characters and not another guest.

Now, on the other hand, it could also be a teaser trailer for the upcoming MK game on the PS Vita. Now, I currently have no plans to buy a Vita and I honestly doubt a MK game could convince me into buying one. Though, I really wouldn't be bothered by it to much if it did end up being a trailer for the Vita. Good for anyone that chooses to get one. 'Nuff said.

Altaire

Noob
...And why could we rule out the Vita, exactly?

Because, y'know, I see nothing that would suggest otherwise. There's no guarantee that it will be the trailer for MK9 Vita, but it's a lot more likely than not. Anyone who thinks it's going to be some kind of Halloween release needs to realize that this tweet was made not even one week before Halloween night, and I highly doubt he'd be just beginning to edit a trailer for release before/on that day. It's possible, but it seems improbable to me.

Altaire

Noob
Oh, and I just noticed Subzerosmokerain found the interview. Thanks for digging that up, hopefully that'll keep anyone from getting their hopes up about Shinnok. I wouldn't mind seeing him in MK9 though, and it's not like he's COMPLETELY out of the question yet.

Altaire

Noob
lol this.

youre ruling it it out because as you said, it would make you pissed.

very strong rationalization bro.
This guy gets it. I want it to be something more than the Vita trailer too, but let me tell you: I am not getting my hopes up, because I know it's entirely likely that it will be. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
youre ruling it it out because as you said, it would make you pissed.

very strong rationalization bro.
I can't rule it out due to that rationalization, I just don't see why the PS Vita trailer would be a suspense. We all know that Boon's talked about releasing it on the Vita; it's not news. That's my point. Now, I could most certainly be wrong, but I'd certainly be disappointed if that's all it turns out to be. It'd be a waste of my thoughts, all it'd be.

galindo

Noob
I can't rule it out due to that rationalization, I just don't see why the PS Vita trailer would be a suspense. We all know that Boon's talked about releasing it on the Vita; it's not news. That's my point. Now, I could most certainly be wrong, but I'd certainly be disappointed if that's all it turns out to be. It'd be a waste of my thoughts, all it'd be.
well the psvita is coming out soon for europe and japan, and there release date for the us was announced last weak i believe.

I just believe all signs point to vita, as opposed to what you orginally said, that no signs point to vita.

i am tempted to buy a vita if this mk turns out good.

galindo

Noob
also there will be cross platform play for sfxtekken (playing ur vita online against a ps3 user)

so it will probably be the case for mk as well...so theres alot at stake.