What's new

New Mileena Combo Vid

Momotaro

Noob
Not sure if it was supposed to be released yet but here you go!

Her combos are lookin pretty sweet. They still haven't changed her X-ray yet! :( Get on it Boon!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Nice find, dude! Mileena's combos look crazy!

And this also confirms something for the Sonya fanboy in me: Sonya will be keeping her sonic rings. Good deal.

Dialogue at the beginning was AWESOME, by the way!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Nice find, dude! Mileena's combos look crazy!

And this also confirms something for the Sonya fanboy in me: Sonya will be keeping her sonic rings. Good deal.

Dialogue at the beginning was AWESOME, by the way!

I JUST noticed that you and Momotaro are wearing the TYM signature... damn, I thank you for that. :) Pleasant surprise to see not one, but TWO in a row. lmao :D

Also, after the :46 combo on Sektor what move is that that Cyrax does on Jax? It's like he shoots something in to him and then it explodes..?

techn9ne

Footsies
Also, after the :46 combo on Sektor what move is that that Cyrax does on Jax? It's like he shoots something in to him and then it explodes..?
I think that is his assist move judgging by how he came in for a split second and went back out. Same thing with kitana @ :59 combo.

For someone who is a combo based play like myself, I am itching to get my hands on this

Tim Static

Adminerator
Mileena is showing me how much this game will probably be garbage. Shit just looks..................stupid. -_-

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Mileena is showing me how much this game will probably be garbage. Shit just looks..................stupid. -_-
Typical Tim Static response because it is NOT UMK3.

The game looks damn good... I'm excited.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Typical Tim Static response because it is NOT UMK3.

The game looks damn good... I'm excited.
no because it looks like more MKvDC bullshit. Not my fault the MK team hasnt reproduced anything worthwhile in the 15 years since UMK3 nor am I a mindless fan boy who loves anything they dish out onto our plates.

McNasty

Moist.
Man I kinda wish they did normal combos not where you hit your opponent downward and they bounce off the ground like a rubber ball into a juggle. people should be hit in an upward motion if they are to go UP lol

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
no because it looks like more MKvDC bullshit. Not my fault the MK team hasnt reproduced anything worthwhile in the 15 years since UMK3 nor am I a mindless fan boy who loves anything they dish out onto our plates.
Not by anyone's standard am I a "mindless fan boy who loves anything they dish out onto our plates", and even I see that you are often overly critical of a game that you haven't even played. I understand that you have your favorite game and that's cool, but it's crystal clear that you have already rendered judgment on MK9 and now you only look for more reasons to dismiss it as trash.

It's one thing to temper your expectations, it's another to invest so much energy trying to wet-blanket everyone else's enthusiasm. The MK community is going to have a hard enough time gaining new members without such consistent negativity from one of its highest profile members.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Mileena's leap throw...is that unblockable?
Likely blockable. Idk of a command throw in the MK series other than a few in the 3D MKs that is unblockable. MKDC had entirely blockable command throws, making it the only exception to this rule.

DrDogg

Noob
This comment doesn't do much by itself. How about you explain why you think it looks stupid?

As a Tekken fan and someone who travels to tournaments regularly, this combo video looks great to me. I don't think I look at it like most MK fans though. I don't concern myself with the attacks Mileena is doing or anything of that nature. I'm looking at how the combo system is shaping up, and it looks like it may be some time before the max damage combos are found. Even once that happens, it looks like there's a lot of room experiment and some of the max damage combos will likely be very hard to pull off (separating the online warriors from the tournament players).

My only concern is how strict the timing is on some of these combos. If the timing is fairly strict, you may not be able to pull them off online. So if you don't have an active offline scene, it will be difficult to practice them in match situations.

I'm really hoping I don't have to rely on online play to find comp for MK9, but given the recent history of MK it's hard to predict what the offline scene will be like.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Likely blockable. Idk of a command throw in the MK series other than a few in the 3D MKs that is unblockable. MKDC had entirely blockable command throws, making it the only exception to this rule.

I mostly figured this, so Mileena's is mostly a combo ender. I hope they aren't all blockable though. I can imagine something like Mileena's and Jax's "gotcha" being blocked. I can't imagine Jax's X-ray CT being blocked. Maybe I'm missing something but that comes off as redundant to me, his others at least H/L. >.> Same with Cyrax's.

Tim Static

Adminerator
This comment doesn't do much by itself. How about you explain why you think it looks stupid?

As a Tekken fan and someone who travels to tournaments regularly, this combo video looks great to me. I don't think I look at it like most MK fans though. I don't concern myself with the attacks Mileena is doing or anything of that nature. I'm looking at how the combo system is shaping up, and it looks like it may be some time before the max damage combos are found. Even once that happens, it looks like there's a lot of room experiment and some of the max damage combos will likely be very hard to pull off (separating the online warriors from the tournament players).

My only concern is how strict the timing is on some of these combos. If the timing is fairly strict, you may not be able to pull them off online. So if you don't have an active offline scene, it will be difficult to practice them in match situations.

I'm really hoping I don't have to rely on online play to find comp for MK9, but given the recent history of MK it's hard to predict what the offline scene will be like.
The Mileena combos just look over the top stupid. Way too many TP kick, sais. ugh. Just dont like the way it looks. Now the way it plays could be different.

But the thing is, and i know im not the only one around who thinks like this, but i just dont have a lot of faith in NRS to give us a good, polished new MK game. I want it to be great, but i dont expect it to be

I'm with you. For right now, I'm looking forward to the much more in the way of free-form combat that this game seems to offer.

I guess my thing is, it's nice to see these pretty kombo vids, but I would like to see more in the way of an "actual match". A pity that it seems we'll have to wait until PAX for the next opportunity that this game will be playable by the public.

Momotaro

Noob
Every fighting game needs that over-the-top stupid character that has a ton of options. Rufus, Litchi, and Yoshimitsu are some examples. They can be really fun characters to play as.

Mileena is looking pretty good, and I ain't referring to her combos. Like I said in an earlier post, I think mix-ups will be a major part of her game. She's got a good projectile for zoning and if timed right a combo starter, an anti-projectile roll, a teleport kick, and a long reaching commando grab that can be used as an combo ender. I'd call that an all-around character to be honest.

I'm not gonna respond to how some people feel about this game as it will relate to all of the newer fighting games that were released starting with SF4. I will say this tho, MK9 needs to be it's own beast. Much like MvC3 should be its own beast, and all of the newer fighting games that follow.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I think Mileena is looking pretty good. More of a combo character then I expected however

The Mileena combos just look over the top stupid. Way too many TP kick, sais. ugh. Just dont like the way it looks. Now the way it plays could be different.

But the thing is, and i know im not the only one around who thinks like this, but i just dont have a lot of faith in NRS to give us a good, polished new MK game. I want it to be great, but i dont expect it to be
I completely understand this. Pray for the best but prepare for the worst.

DrDogg

Noob

I think what you, and a lot of other people are missing, is the fact that these combo videos are done on incomplete builds (balancing won't be completed until sometime in March at the earliest) and performed by novice players. What we're seeing are the flashy combos that the dev team and QA team have come up with. But if you look at any pre-release developer videos for any fighting game, you'll see that the combos/gameplay are nothing like what you'd see in high level play after the game has been released.

As someone else already pointed out, there are several combos that we've seen (in this vid and others) that use a huge amount of meter. Unless it's the last round and you're killing the opponent, wasting that much meter for one combo isn't very smart. So you won't see a lot of those combos in high-level play.

I haven't enjoyed MK much since UMK3, but I have faith in this game. I've interviewed Boon multiple times in the past about previous MK titles, but his words have never given me hope that MK would return to its past glory. Just listening to the devs talk about MK9, there's a very clear difference. They have more time to tweak the game, and they're more focused on a tournament capable game. They want to see MK9 at Evo, MLG, WCG, etc. and they know what needs to be done to get it there.

My only concern is with this open combo system, there's plenty of room to find 100% combos. The devs have already stated that resets are in the game. Luckily, the devs have an easy way to patch, so as long as they stay true to their word, we'll see patches to fix any glaring balancing issues.

I'm with you. For right now, I'm looking forward to the much more in the way of free-form combat that this game seems to offer.

I guess my thing is, it's nice to see these pretty kombo vids, but I would like to see more in the way of an "actual match". A pity that it seems we'll have to wait until PAX for the next opportunity that this game will be playable by the public.
I'm not really interested in anything out of PAX. The build will be old and the players will either be novices or won't have a solid grasp of the gameplay. You can't really test frame data and things of that nature at PAX. My first day with this game is all I'm looking forward to. A few hours in practice mode will tell me all I need to know, and far more than anything coming out of PAX will.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Seeing what Keits is doing for MvC3, I really wish we had something like that. That way we get to have a better basis to judge what a character can do rather than just assuming on casuals at PAX and combo exhibitions. I doubt they give people the same access to their game as Capcom does for MvC3.