What's new

Tech - Grandmaster New corner tech

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
Tom, I sub to your twitch and YouTube channels and u are my favorite pro player but your arrogance hinders your progress. Sub zero corner game isn't complicated but there are plenty of times 1,2 shatter would'be won you a match but it's just stupid so oh well.
This ! I grew tired telling Tom this. I am not saying abuse shatter combos but sometimes 21 shatter catches those stubborn people blocking high by surprise , that is a 45% combo and sometimes clutches u a win

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
This ! I grew tired telling Tom this. I am not saying abuse shatter combos but sometimes 21 shatter catches those stubborn people blocking high by surprise , that is a 45% combo and sometimes clutches u a win
I tried to help him improve his game but he refused to listen and I was being sincere. Any players looking for some advice I will try to help as best as I can. Make use of this example to improve yourself. Knowing spacing, corner distance, most damaging optimal combos.

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
I tried to help him improve his game but he refused to listen and I was being sincere. Any players looking for some advice I will try to help as best as I can. Make use of this example to improve yourself. Knowing spacing, corner distance, most damaging optimal combos.
Haha fantastic video. I took notes myself

he explained most of this today. When he does jip njk instead of f12 he is able to put the clone out on a better distance without adjusting. If you finish with f12 then ice clone then b2, the guy will be frozen in the clone which doesn't allow to continue the combo.
That's not everything, but he goes for slightly easier combos, there is nothing worse then whiffing a 40% shatter combo and getting 15% when you only needed 25% to win.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
he explained most of this today. When he does jip njk instead of f12 he is able to put the clone out on a better distance without adjusting. If you finish with f12 then ice clone then b2, the guy will be frozen in the clone which doesn't allow to continue the combo.
That's not everything, but he goes for slightly easier combos, there is nothing worse then whiffing a 40% shatter combo and getting 15% when you only needed 25% to win.
My point wasn't for shatter combos as you saw. He would have won the round instead of leaving Reptile with 1 hit. The small percents he omitted added up to 15% that one round and Reptile would have been dead before that last hit.
As for the NJK he doesn't add the JIP, JIP for the extra damage once again, just NJP, NJK. I understand it gives more plus frames to setup the Klone but if the opponent is dead faster then less setup is needed. Once again my suggestions for improvement were not for gimmicky Shatters, only more damage in the most practical way.

KoldSpecter

Violence begets violence
f12-step back-klone=safe and leave you in good position
been tested billion times already

f12-step back-klone=safe and leave you in good position
been tested billion times already
Yeah, he said that step back is unreliable. Don't be mad with me, I am using the higher damage setups. Just explaining what he said on stream after someone mentioned this thread.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Yeah, he said that step back is unreliable. Don't be mad with me, I am using the higher damage setups. Just explaining what he said on stream after someone mentioned this thread.
Just because someone says something doesn't mean you can't try it for yourself.

On the males it is very easy to setup without needing to move back. That yields the closest Klone so they can barely even do an input to counter. On females it's a little tougher because their hurtbox sticks out further. But you can fix that with practice of the slight step back and timing. It really isn't so bad once you get it down.

I also noticed it is easier when you do NJP, JIP, JIP, F12. Instead of just NJP, F12. The extra jump in attacks for some reason push them further back making it easier to do the Klone.