What's new

Tech - Grandmaster New corner tech

boba_buster

Noob saibot
In the lab I found if u d4 with the opponent in the corner is sets up two different shatter combos , if they block it puts the spacing perfect for clone jip s4 shatter into what ever combo ender and if it hits it's perfect spacing for clone jip 24 shatter. I think there is practical ways to do high damage shatter combos , would love for others to help out with this

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
D4 on hit? Bc after that ill do either 12 or another d4 to check but ill take a look man and does this qualify as tech?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I consistently got shatter combo follow up by using these as starters based on if they block the d4 or not . Everyone said what makes shatter combos not practical is that it's hard to get spacing right to follow thru. I found ways to make spacing correct and consistent. Seems like tech to me lol.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Need some more lab time to find options after the clone that don't involve jip , to keep them guessing. Need to experiment with raw 12 after clone to get a standing low that will work

Suntan Superman

Never outshine the Master
Need some more lab time to find options after the clone that don't involve jip , to keep them guessing. Need to experiment with raw 12 after clone to get a standing low that will work
are u on psn? If so send me an invite cbuyd81. I have some sub zero tech. We can lab together.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
With 40%+ combo off it u only need to use it once , just train them to block low jus like you do when your going for a b2. Point is it's something else to have in the corner mind games and if we can find practical ways to use it then it's good to have in our bag -o- corner tricks

With 40%+ combo off it u only need to use it once , just train them to block low jus like you do when your going for a b2. Point is it's something else to have in the corner mind games and if we can find practical ways to use it then it's good to have in our bag -o- corner tricks
Tricks dont work, they only get you killed. You can block high then low block the second hit of 12. You cannot make traps based on opponent ignorance. Also, I can promise you that a jump in is one of the worst things to do when you have the opponent trapped.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
And time you throw a b2 your running the risk on the opponent blocking and punishing right?
Correct. You gotta keep mixing things up or get punished. Throwing this new option into the mix gives your opponent fear. Now they have more they have to worry about Sub's corner pressure

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I don't understand. You're going for jip as your mix up while they're trapped behind clone, and then following up with mids? I don't think that's going to work, there's no mix up here.

I think this tech is more like a spacing shortcut that leaves you at frame disadvantage where as spacing yourself leaves you at neutral.

Checking with d4 is smart, no doubt. But the follow up needs work.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I also was messing with d4 clone and trying to mix in b33 , def need more mixups with a solid shatter setup , 12 adds a low

boba_buster

Noob saibot
The whole point of jip 24 is that the 4 gets them high enough in the air to let the shatter able to combo after because a d4 clone on hit puts the clone to close to Connect after with a b21 or raw 12