kitana - JK, fan toss, roll move, wave punch, downward punch

also in corner, JK, Fan toss, JK, fan toss, JK, fan toss lol = 22% hahaha

green lanters combo was pretty sweet

"shazam" has a sweet combo

batmans 43% off a boomerang.

sonya can double leg grab lol

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Being able to cancel any normal to a special is great. I will break this game ^_^

I somehow knew they were going to merge a Mileena move into Kitana's arsenal.

Being able to cancel any normal to a special is great. I will break this game ^_^
I can't wait for the vid :) !

Tim Static said:
no blood for Kit's fans or Baraka's scissors. LAME.
I Couldn't FUCKING agree with you more!
I can just imagine if the same contents of this game were in a Legit MK game, those moves would look ten times better with the blood involed.

Was there any blood in the video? I didn't see any, perhaps they were playing with blood off - I hope so anyway.

As for the gameplay I guess it looks pretty fun. Even though it may end up being broken or not very deep, it looks like something that maybe could be got out at parties with friends who may not play fighting games that much. Which at least is better then the previous situation where it was too broken for high level play and too stiff for casual play.

I'm actually a little more hopeful of the game since the new video because of this

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yea, i read some where the blood was off in the video. No maybe the fans and scissors will be like they should - Bloody!

dreemernj

Ambassador
So for those of you that have actively broken 3D MK's in the past, what do you see here that looks like a potential weak point?

The damage scaling is aggressive and the comboing seems lose and allowing of long strings of hits. See a spot already where the damage scaling can be reset?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Why haven't I heard of that game until I got mame? (What is wrong with it)
I don't know if the game was ever officially released. The mechanics and movements all breakdown horribly if you try to really play it. For instance if someone crosses you up as you try to jump one direction you may very well jump the other direction, like, opposite the direction you are holding the joystick. And thats about the most unintuitive feeling I've ever head in a fighting game, lol.

This video really looks similar in terms of how the special moves and combos work. There is a high speed awkwardness to the whole thing. Hitstun, canceling, comboing moves together, they all look like Avengers in Galactic Storm.

The thing that MKvDCU doesn't have is the bizarre invulnerability as a balancing tool that AIGS had. In that game, as you combo them they become harder to hit. I don't know exactly how. I don't know if your hotboxes get smaller or if the opponents coldboxes do. But the end result is situations where, for instance, you get someone in a containment move and they are sitting there helpless and you can't do anything to attack them because the containment was the last hit before they went completely invulnerable. So your attacks, projectiles, and assists just go write through them and you wait for the containment to wear off.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
the merged arenas look uber gay as well.

no blood for Kit's fans or Baraka's scissors. LAME.
for some reason when these were captured that console had blood off. Those 2 moves have the regular amount of blood in them.

Houzi

Noob
Seems like infinites will be easier in this game.

When Superman hit sub in the air and then froze him, I wouldn't have just lazered his ass. I would've combo'd then lazered. Idk, I can't wait to play it for myself.

X820

Noob
This actually looks promising, it seems they actually did their homework.
Now let's all hope they didn't forget forget to cancel out the really cheap moves.
(kung lao umk3 corner inf.)

My first post! :)

Having very slightly dabbed around in the Smash Bros. competitive scene I'd like to see how this game holds up. Ideally it'll prove to be deep and without any broken mechanics so that tournaments and such can be had. MK vs. DCU at EVO one day? I can only hope...

I like the sound of these 'pro' moves but I worry that they'll end up like L-canceling in Smash Bros. Melee (a technique to reduce lag on aerial attacks) where there's never a reason to NOT use them. Here's hoping that some of the pro moves have drawbacks to them (more lag, etc.).

The special moves (NOT super moves!) seem good and will hopefully play a larger part in combos than the 3D Mortal Kombat ones did. So far those combos are looking very good though. If they can prevent infinite juggles and such than I think this one will be fine.