What's new

New Character Reveal - 4.28.17

trufenix

bye felicia
They wished GA back to life with the dragonballs, why not Joker too. He's easily four or five times the plot device.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Well, as pointed out elsewhere, Jason Todd is killed in Batman issue 428. Reveal is on 4/28.

I don't think that's a coincidence. (they don't normally do character reveals on Friday)

So I think one of the DLC we'll see at the end of the Joker trailer will be Red Hood for sure (or perhaps maybe even a surprise addition to the core roster)

Let's just leave Joker dead and not have him in the story for once. Our villain lineup is perfect without him to the point where adding him doesn't even make sense from a story standpoint.
Green Arrow died but he's still in the game . Joker can be in a flashback in the story too and it wouldn't be a problem .

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It would be the hypest thing if they reveal a Red Hood vs Starfire trailer (Kinda like the Killer Frost vs Ares one) as a part of the main roster..ñ maybe their changes to the I2 site were planned because everyone knew the leaked list and they wanted to surprise everyone with those two...

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
Joker makes it back in but not Doomsday? How the fuck? -_-

But if folks are happy with his inclusion, I'm happy for them.
This is kinda crazy I know, 8 batman characters but only 3 superman characters. Good thing NR is making people like scarecrows design amazing. It makes it a little easier to take.

Last edited:

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
It would be the hypest thing if they reveal a Red Hood vs Starfire trailer (Kinda like the Killer Frost vs Ares one) as a part of the main roster..ñ maybe their changes to the I2 site were planned because everyone knew the leaked list and they wanted to surprise everyone with those two...
I have a feeling we might be getting both Joker and Red Hood on 4/28. (Because 428 is the issue of Batman where Jason Todd dies and that's a hell of a coincidence)

Thingy

Retired account
I have a feeling we might be getting both Joker and Red Hood on 4/28. (Because 428 is the issue of Batman where Jason Todd dies and that's a hell of a coincidence)
That is a really strange coincidence. But Red Hood wasn't on the leak list, and given his apparent popularity I could see NRS and WB making him DLC, as he will be sure hit.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
That is a really strange coincidence. But Red Hood wasn't on the leak list, and given his apparent popularity I could see NRS and WB making him DLC, as he will be sure hit.
True, but then again neither was Darkseid. And the leaker himself said that what him an the rest of the mobile team were given weren't necessarily the final launch roster. (Another hint is, Derrick said there were A LOT of premier skins and the leaker only knew of 4 of them)

I'm still going to hold out hope we get an extra character or two on the launch roster haha

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
maybe the last week before launch , we may get the Joke, Braniac,Darkside livestream ????????

DLC :

Spanw
Hellboy
Roscharch
Black manta
Sub Zero (Killer frost ?)
Reptile (Killer Kroc skin ?)
Red Hood
Static Shock
Banshee

Skins

Ocean master (Aquaman)
Clay Face (Swanp Thing)
BatGirl (Batman)
Zoom (Flash)
Prometheus (Robin)
Stephen Wolf (Darkside)
Metallo (Braniac)
Bizarro (Superman)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
DLC:

Spawn
Hellboy
Roscharch
Black manta
Sub Zero (Killer frost ?)
Reptile (Killer Kroc skin ?)
Red Hood
Static Shock
Banshee

Skins

Ocean master (Aquaman)
Clay Face (Swanp Thing)
BatGirl (Batman)
Zoom (Flash)
Prometheus (Robin)
Stephen Wolf (Darkside)
Metallo (Braniac)
Bizarro (Superman)
Spawn - Never going to happen I hope.

Hellboy - Cool, but never going to happen.

Roscharch - That would be cool... in fact a "watchmen" DLC with the entire team would be awesome.. In fact you know how people always ask for Spawn in Mortal Kombat and it is the worst idea in the history of guest DLC.. well if you going to have a comic DLC guest for MK, then maybe the Comedian would be a good pick?

Black manta - Sold.. I would really like that!

Sub Zero (Killer frost ?) - I would have thought Killer Frost was going to be in the game. She is a BIG part of the popular rebirth currently happening at DC comics and is moving form villain to hero. She is a member fo the JLA at the mo.. oh wait.. you mean MK's Frost? I dunno.. well.. I guess if they made Killer Frost they could use that move set in MK for Frost.. be a good way to make the game design stretch. Still when I saw Capitan Cold in action I basically thought Sub-Zero as DLC is just out.

Reptile (Killer Kroc skin ?) - Yeah cool. I'm down with that.. though I hope they use the big monster type versions. There is a serious lack of large bodies in this roster. Were is Grunde, Doomsday and the other big guys. I guess Bane and Grodd are the two largest so far. Still I would like to see some other big hulking guys.

Red Hood - This is a no-brainer... put him in.. do it .. do it NOW!!

Static Shock - I never understood this guys popularity.. I think he was in some cartoon, so it is a generational thing, like I was just to old for when this cartoon was on.. so sorta missed the boat on him.. I have no feelings positive or negative, though I would prefer the slots go to others. Still, us MK fans like a lightning based char.. so .. yeah.

Banshee- OMG .. yes, yes, yes, YES!! Banshee is just all win in all forms. The ghost monster version or the witch one or the funny one form power girl.. I just love this charicter and she would be a great addition. Problem is that her "power" is pretty similar to Black Carney.

Skins

Ocean master (Aquaman) - win!

Clay Face (Swanp Thing) - meh... maybe it could work.

BatGirl (Batman) - Narr... Bats should be Bats!! Maybe Talon would be a better choice?

Zoom (Flash) - For the love of all that is DC Comics.. the Flash TV show ruined Zoom.. .. Zoom IS NOT A SPEEDSTER. He power set has nothing to do with the flash. The Flash TV show just made up a 99% new character.. the only thing that is correct is the name. It would be a total fail to do this and make comic fans make fun of the game.

Prometheus (Robin) - Good call. I wouldn't have thought that but I could really see this working in theory. It depends on how "acrobatic" the new robin moves are. I'm thinking of the move when he jumps off the sword.. doesn't seam very much like Prometheus to me.

Stephen Wolf (Darkside) - There is only 1 Darkside!!

Metallo (Braniac) - No. I get they are both robots but Metallo would have to have moves that use some kind of chest beam. Many of his incarnations in comics he has the ability to turn his limbs and stuff into things.. so might be batter fit for Cyborg?

Bizarro (Superman) - Absolutely. If they wanted to be fun and not care about competitiveness all the move inputs should be backwards! lol

Last edited:

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Spawn - Never going to happen I hope.

Hellboy - Cool, but never going to happen.

Roscharch - That would be cool... in fact a "watchmen" DLC with the entire team would be awesome.. In fact you know how people always ask for Spawn in Mortal Kombat and it is the worst idea in the history of guest DLC.. well if you going to have a comic DLC guest for MK, then maybe the Comedian would be a good pick?

Black manta - Sold.. I would really like that!

Sub Zero (Killer frost ?) - I would have thought Killer Frost was going to be in the game. She is a BIG part of the popular rebirth currently happening at DC comics and is moving form villain to hero. She is a member fo the JLA at the mo.. oh wait.. you mean MK's Frost? I dunno.. well.. I guess if they made Killer Frost they could use that move set in MK for Frost.. be a good way to make the game design stretch. Still when I saw Capitan Cold in action I basically thought Sub-Zero as DLC is just out.

Reptile (Killer Kroc skin ?) - Yeah cool. I'm down with that.. though I hope they use the big monster type versions. There is a serious lack of large bodies in this roster. Were is Grunde, Doomsday and the other big guys. I guess Bane and Grodd are the two largest so far. Still I would like to see some other big hulking guys.

Red Hood - This is a no-brainer... put him in.. do it .. do it NOW!!

Static Shock - I never understood this guys popularity.. I think he was in some cartoon, so it is a generational thing, like I was just to old for when this cartoon was on.. so sorta missed the boat on him.. I have no feelings positive or negative, though I would prefer the slots go to others. Still, us MK fans like a lightning based char.. so .. yeah.

Banshee- OMG .. yes, yes, yes, YES!! Banshee is just all win in all forms. The ghost monster version or the witch one or the funny one form power girl.. I just love this charicter and she would be a great addition. Problem is that her "power" is pretty similar to Black Carney.

Skins

Ocean master (Aquaman) - win!

Clay Face (Swanp Thing) - meh... maybe it could work.

BatGirl (Batman) - Narr... Bats should be Bats!! Maybe Talon would be a better choice?

Zoom (Flash) - For the love of all that is DC Comics.. the Flash TV show ruined Zoom.. .. Zoom IS NOT A SPEEDSTER. He power set has nothing to do with the flash. The Flash TV show just made up a 99% new character.. the only thing that is correct is the name. It would be a total fail to do this and make comic fans make fun of the game.

Prometheus (Robin) - Good call. I wouldn't have thought that but I could really see this working in theory. It depends on how "acrobatic" the new robin moves are. I'm thinking of the move when he jumps off the sword.. doesn't seam very much like Prometheus to me.

Stephen Wolf (Darkside) - There is only 1 Darkside!!

Metallo (Braniac) - No. I get they are both robots but Metallo would have to have moves that use some kind of chest beam. Many of his incarnations in comics he has the ability to turn his limbs and stuff into things.. so might be batter fit for Cyborg?

Bizarro (Superman) - Absolutely. If they wanted to be fun and not care about competitiveness all the move inputs should be backwards! lol

lets see what futre holds for us xD....

Yup Hunter Zolomon is too Damm kool and cw change him , maybe that choice was lame , Zoom Deserves an DLC Slot cuz hes powers r much way Bad ass IMO.

Metallo = Cyborg ....nice

Prometheus in robin would be strange for sure that throw that u mention wont fit in prometheus style...

well , hope NRS make something close to that i really wish The true Hunter Zolomon in a game for centurys haha.

Hype af, but no. Not happening.

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
They only think I hope, is that the DLC list does not leak. I know there is one floating around. but I like to be surprised.