What's new

New Captain Cold sick Projectile link tech with combinators and resets yo!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Wow a lot of Alerts

Onto the question is Cold shit?

Imo he ain't great but he's probably better than most think. You won't win a tournament with him but he's a damn good pocket char.

Cold is a defence powerhouse and got a great corner game

Buts he's a terrible chaser and can be outzoned pretty easily.

So going by that you see he can give Rushdown focused chars trouble.

I think Cold vs Aquaman is in question for one of the worst MUs in the game RN.

Black Adam, Deadshot and Fate also seem pretty bad for him.

Superman, Red Hood and Atros I need to play more to know for sure but they don't feel great. Maybe Arrow too

Outside of them from what I played I think the rest are either even or in his favour!

I don't know.... if you guys be interested in me doing a full breakdown on Cold and my in depth thoughts so far let me know and I'll do it.

He can do a 434 anti air with one bar.... no trait nor interactible required...I discovered this Yesterday... Here's the notation.
Competitive mode on Superman
Meterless
(anti air) wall---b2+3+2+wall = 300.13 meterless
(anti air) wall---b2+3+2+mb big freeze--f3--b2+3+wall = 434 one bar
(anti air) wall---b2+3+2+mb big freeze--(tap trait)f3--b2+3+2+trait hold = 424 one bar plus one bar of trait guaranteed....:p:p:p
The Video will be shown at noon.. I'm at work now.:(:(
*You can do f2+3 instead of b2+3+2..... but it does 900 less damage:(:(

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I usually love it when I can convert off wall anti air but it seems so unreliable to me as you have to hit them with just the tip and close enough so you can reach with b2.

If I do it on reaction i always hit them lower to the ground and can't recover in time to combo.
Or maybe it's because i am old :(

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
This is practice mode fun, not likely to happen in a match against someone good IMO. You'll be zoning with multiple ice blasts rather then shooting only one and running in hoping that it hit. Pretty cool none the less.
Wrong. As long as you have your opponent in the corner with the whole snow dome covering almost the whole corner-to-mid area, AND you force him in this dome, he's bound to get frozen no matter what you do. You block? Get frozen! You jump? Get frozen! You need only 4 secs to get completely frozen.

Cold can set the ice trap at the other side of the dome to prevent him from getting out of there. What's more. Cold has 2 anti-attack weapons. His Wall for ground attacks, and his D2 for AA. Those KILL any incoming attack (except of the weapons). You try to get out of there, you get trapped with any means.

I got a question for all of you.... 2 Captain Cold players!

You ever get sick of people just backdashing after you dome em bitches up?

Well I cooked up a little something you might like!

Enjoy .
This is great tech the only hard part will be getting someone to get hit by an iceball cause everyone can just duck against Cold . Definitely can threaten more opponents now tho

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
This is great tech the only hard part will be getting someone to get hit by an iceball cause everyone can just duck against Cold . Definitely can threaten more opponents now tho
Good....

Let them stay there so they can get frozen

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Game is still new too early to decide who's top tier
I disagree. It's obvious at this point that some chars are significantly better than others, and after 2 months a lot of players have a good amount of matchup exp. against a lot of the cast so they can definitely start to figure out matchups at this point. Which in turn leads to figuring out if your char has a lot of winning or losing mu, which is what decides tier placement in the first place.

Wow a lot of Alerts

Onto the question is Cold shit?

Imo he ain't great but he's probably better than most think. You won't win a tournament with him but he's a damn good pocket char.

Cold is a defence powerhouse and got a great corner game

Buts he's a terrible chaser and can be outzoned pretty easily.

So going by that you see he can give Rushdown focused chars trouble.

I think Cold vs Aquaman is in question for one of the worst MUs in the game RN.

Black Adam, Deadshot and Fate also seem pretty bad for him.

Superman, Red Hood and Atros I need to play more to know for sure but they don't feel great. Maybe Arrow too

Outside of them from what I played I think the rest are either even or in his favour!

I don't know.... if you guys be interested in me doing a full breakdown on Cold and my in depth thoughts so far let me know and I'll do it.
Cold vs Aquaman is pure agony it's easily 7-3 maybe worst . Honestly for as much as he is said low tier with a bar and trait he does the same sometimes more damage than flash it's all about getting the trait charged and the hit.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
If he were to get some fixes, an unsafe freeze ray as his MB projectile, and tracking icicles, he could compete. Even with top tiers. Just to clarify, it'll probably never happen, but it he got anything like Cyber Sub's freeze ray, I would cry tears of joy. His full screen presence is almost non-existent.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
looks fun.. but if there time to dash in on reaction? With out some kind of hit confirm.. dashing in after shooting and they block will make you eat a full combo, right?

snort

Noob
Wrong. As long as you have your opponent in the corner with the whole snow dome covering almost the whole corner-to-mid area, AND you force him in this dome, he's bound to get frozen no matter what you do. You block? Get frozen! You jump? Get frozen! You need only 4 secs to get completely frozen.

Cold can set the ice trap at the other side of the dome to prevent him from getting out of there. What's more. Cold has 2 anti-attack weapons. His Wall for ground attacks, and his D2 for AA. Those KILL any incoming attack (except of the weapons). You try to get out of there, you get trapped with any means.
The tech is not keeping them in the globe, its connecting an ice blast then going in for the continuation linkage. There is plenty of easier tech to keep them in the globe.

Mantis I bet you'd kill it if you had a YouTube channel. Shujinky Dink seems to be doing pretty well lately. You got great knowledge of the game and your fucking hilarious!!