What's new

NEW B&B Stealth Incorporated Reset

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If the opponent is blocking doesn't this reset them again without advantage or does this one actually fully combo?
If the opponent doesn't block, it will fully combo, if he blocks, reptile is at slight advantage. But be careful against 6 frame move and Normal's characters, they will best out reptiles normals afterwards if it is scouted, unless you dash, but that would be stupid beyond belief.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Is it possible to bag Invisibility on his meterless BnBs?
Yes. 38% end with invisibility.
And there's also another one which % I forgot that lets him get invis~crossup dash before the opponent can wakeup, nullifying their wakeup attack and letting reptile get a D4~EX dash or whatever. (I find a blocked EX dash will let him get another 321 while he's invisible)

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Yes. 38% end with invisibility.
And there's also another one which % I forgot that lets him get invis~crossup dash before the opponent can wakeup, nullifying their wakeup attack and letting reptile get a D4~EX dash or whatever. (I find a blocked EX dash will let him get another 321 while he's invisible)
Probably ending with 3,2,1 Invis Elbow instead of 3,2,1 Slide, though I'm not sure whether it will crossup or simply whiff and get near the opponent: been awhile since I touched the green guy.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
If the opponent doesn't block, it will fully combo, if he blocks, reptile is at slight advantage. But be careful against 6 frame move and Normal's characters, they will best out reptiles normals afterwards if it is scouted, unless you dash, but that would be stupid beyond belief.
If he is indeed at slight advantage why would dash be stupid beyond belief? If you throw it out there then it gets in peoples head and then it forces them to block because they know its unescapable. Or best of all you can cancel (yes if blocked 2,f3,12 can be cancelled into any special) into EX dash to just keep the pressure going.

It pretty much gives you all the follow up options as an EX dash pressure (dash, slide, grab, NJP) but I was always told you were at zero frames.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
If he is indeed at slight advantage why would dash be stupid beyond belief? If you throw it out there then it gets in peoples head and then it forces them to block because they know its unescapable. Or best of all you can cancel (yes if blocked 2,f3,12 can be cancelled into any special) into EX dash to just keep the pressure going.

It pretty much gives you all the follow up options as an EX dash pressure (dash, slide, grab, NJP) but I was always told you were at zero frames.
Based on what UFG said about Slide, I think he's talking about how punishable Elbow is on block. Granted, it's amazing on hit if you want them to start turtling and thus opening doors for Reptile to pressure with, and there is no doubt that the mind games available on a whiffed elbow are, or at least were, an integral part of Reptile's gameplay. But a blocked Elbow is death, unfortunately, even if invisible.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Probably ending with 3,2,1 Invis Elbow instead of 3,2,1 Slide, though I'm not sure whether it will crossup or simply whiff and get near the opponent: been awhile since I touched the green guy.
I'm pretty sure there's a video of it on the front page archives somewhere.

RapZiLLa54

Based on what UFG said about Slide, I think he's talking about how punishable Elbow is on block. Granted, it's amazing on hit if you want them to start turtling and thus opening doors for Reptile to pressure with, and there is no doubt that the mind games available on a whiffed elbow are, or at least were, an integral part of Reptile's gameplay. But a blocked Elbow is death, unfortunately, even if invisible.
I don't think you know what I'm talking about.. The last hit of this combo (the spinning jump punch that connects at the end) can be BLOCKED so this combo relies heavy on if the opponent wants to take the extra damage or be reset standing up on what I originally believed to be 0 frames up close and personal which isn't reptiles strong suit.

But if it has slight advantage like UFG is saying then why not use that 1 bar of meter to cancel into EX dash where you are again at advantage and keep the pressure going?

UsedForGlue

Is it possible to bag Invisibility on his meterless BnBs?
Unfortunatly, no. You are forced to end combos with it, the try dash wiffing into another combo.

But you can use reptiles standing 2 into Invisibility, which on hit will grant a safe jump.

UsedForGlue

I don't think you know what I'm talking about.. The last hit of this combo (the spinning jump punch that connects at the end) can be BLOCKED so this combo relies heavy on if the opponent wants to take the extra damage or be reset standing up on what I originally believed to be 0 frames up close and personal which isn't reptiles strong suit.

But if it has slight advantage like UFG is saying then why not use that 1 bar of meter to cancel into EX dash where you are again at advantage and keep the pressure going?
Yea man, doing this combo without meter and then doing :en dash would work perfectly well, and if the dash hits, you will have to slide afterwards, if you want.

Of course the opponent can jump away after your OTG, and your dash will wiff, where are your 32 will hit as they jump, hit confirmed into fast acid ball.

RapZiLLa54

Yea man, doing this combo without meter and then doing :en dash would work perfectly well, and if the dash hits, you will have to slide afterwards, if you want.

Of course the opponent can jump away after your OTG, and your dash will wiff, where are your 32 will hit as they jump, hit confirmed into fast acid ball.
Let the mind games begin!

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
This is a great combo and I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

One thing I wanted to say about the 32invis setup is that while any character will punish it with full combo if they anticipate it, the point is to mix it in once you think you have them conditioned to acid hand or slide or whatever. I know that there is a big risk to it but it has it's uses and should be utilized as long as people aren't doing it every sinlgle time. I don't think I've ever argued with you about it but just wanted to say my opinion on it. And also, like you, I did not believe THTB was correct in saying Reptile isn't top 5 for a bit until about a month ago or so lol.

UsedForGlue

Great idea, if you used :en Dash, which is +5 on block, That would also Condition the opponent to block a dash straight after the OTG Reset, so the next time, they would most likely respect it, and then you have your advantage again after the :en Dash, a smart opponent will just let himself be hit by the second half of the dash, because reptile players will probably finish off the combo with a slide, and then we are back in the same iffy scenario that we don't really want to be in.