What's new

NEW B&B Stealth Incorporated Reset

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys.

This combo will do the same amount of damage as his current B&B for one bar of meter (JIP :fk:bp :en Fast Force Ball, NJP, :fk:bp Slow Force Ball, :fk:bp:fp Slide = 42%), but my combo will also be able to bag stealth during it.

If done with the Reset it will still grant you 40% on block and 46% on hit, but again, this one will incorporate :d:u:bk during the combo.

In summary: Same Damage, Same meter but bags stealth, so I think this should be his new B&B, the addition of stealth during the combo is great advancement on his current B&B.

I have attached the video showing and explaining it.

If you watch the whole video, thanks for sticking it out :)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Hmm, interesting. Nice find; his meter combos have been pretty worthless outside of this. I could see some actual application for this though.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
glue what the hell is this?? your meant to be making me a glue trap for raka! :effyou:

nice find though,useful aswell

just out of interest what happens when ex invis used instead (yea know its super waste of meter but just wondering)

as always thanks for sharing

UsedForGlue

Hmm, interesting. Nice find; his meter combos have been pretty worthless outside of this. I could see some actual application for this though.
Hasn't Reptile's main B&B has always been JIP, fk:bp :en Force ball, NJP, :fk:bk Forceball, :fk:bp:fp Slide for 42%? I know if you use the :en Fast Ball first you will get 43% ,This is an adaption on his one meter combos for the same damage with invisibility crammed in.

I think that is good advancement for Reptile in his current state.

UsedForGlue

glue what the hell is this?? your meant to be making me a glue trap for raka! :effyou:

nice find though,useful aswell

just out of interest what happens when ex invis used instead (yea know its super waste of meter but just wondering)

as always thanks for sharing
If you use :en invisibility, not only are you using two bars, but the combo is already scaling pretty hard after the invisibility that you won't get the damage boost's full potential. If you have :en Invisibility activated from the very first JIP, you can get 47% with: JIP, :fk:bp :en Fast Forceball, NJP, :fk:bp Slow Force Ball, :fk:bp:fp Slide.

So unless you are doing the :en Version right from the start you won't realise the difference. You will get 43%...Not worth it, but at least you will be invisible straight after the combo, and if you include the reset, crossing over the opponent would be a pretty good choice.

Can't justify it though I thought about including it, but the point is, its still 42% but adding invisibility.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
My question regarding the current BnB with the slide.

Is there not a way you can end it in forceball? Or is that frowned upon?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Hasn't Reptile's main B&B has always been JIP, fk:bp :en Force ball, NJP, :fk:bk Forceball, :fk:bp:fp Slide for 42%? I know if you use the :en Fast Ball first you will get 43% ,This is an adaption on his one meter combos for the same damage with invisibility crammed in.

I think that is good advancement for Reptile in his current state.
I've always done JIP, 321 elbow dash~NJP, 32 fast FB~slow FB, 321 slide for 40% meterless

UsedForGlue

My question regarding the current BnB with the slide.

Is there not a way you can end it in forceball? Or is that frowned upon?
I think I added that into the video? Or maybe I left it out. Sorry about that.

You can end this combo any way you want, slow force ball would also be a good idea, although, if the opponent doesn't roll, you won't be getting your opportunity to space a wiffed dash.

1man3letters

damn if that isnt super wastefull 101 i dont know what is, was guessing there be little benifit but that rough

cheers

UsedForGlue

I've always done JIP, 321 elbow dash~NJP, 32 fast FB~slow FB, 321 slide for 40% meterless
Ok cool, but the point is, for any combo in which reptile can use 1 bar of meter, this combo would be the one to do, as it will be 42 and give stealth. As currently his one bar combos will give 42-43% and no stealth.

But, what I am saying is, the combo with the slide at the end was just to show reference to the fact that the old one bar combo does the same damage as my new one, so if you are going to do the combo with one bar and stealth, go for the reset end, you might bag the 46% and keep your stealth, plus it will grant you the space for the wiffed dash or more force balls.

UsedForGlue

damn if that isnt super wastefull 101 i dont know what is, was guessing there be little benifit but that rough

cheers
As far as I am concered, Reptile can afford to use one bar of meter in a combo if he must, for either :en slow force ball after combos, or :en Spit on certain characters after the combo, for fullscreen push back, all else he needs it for is his :x and breakers.

But if you are going to do his 42% one bar combos, then do this new one, and if you are going to do it, go for the reset, the slide combo is only to show that the old combo with the slide does the same damage as mine.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
If the opponent is blocking doesn't this reset them again without advantage or does this one actually fully combo?

just to correct your information, 32 invin is in fact -2 and this had been tested many times. And 3 is 13. So if you do 32, invin, 321 that is 15 frames total between 2 invin 3. Almost any move in the game could potentially punish reptile. Now, 32 is 0 frame. (these are on block)

This combo requires 1 bar, but then again if you want invisibility you could end your combo with 321 invin but you cant do triple dash oki. D4, invin is also a safe way. I think reptile is a character that uses meter way to heavy to implement meter in a combo. Ex fb and ex dash are just way too good and meterless bnb is already 40% and 45% on hit reset.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Its blockable and it does give frame, not sure how much. With my naked eye i would say 2-3 reptile advantage
From what i knew on block it was neutral, not saying you are wrong because i have no idea and i will just be mad that i haven't been using it all this time.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I thought both guys went to neutral? If it is indeed advantage then its almost like ex dash just without the meter. Can anyone confirm this?

1man3letters

As far as I am concered, Reptile can afford to use one bar of meter in a combo if he must, for either :en slow force ball after combos, or :en Spit on certain characters after the combo, for fullscreen push back, all else he needs it for is his :x and breakers.

But if you are going to do his 42% one bar combos, then do this new one, and if you are going to do it, go for the reset, the slide combo is only to show that the old combo with the slide does the same damage as mine.
yea i agree reptile has no problem building meter,
either through his zoning or blockstrings so theres never any reason to be greedy with his meter,of course not be wasteful either

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Ok I have a little issue with this combo, but I like the fact that he added invisibility. Reptile's has 2 BnBs with no bar and 2 BnBs using 1 bar. But the real strength of Reptile comes from the constant pressure post-combo. If you're still using a dash to end your combos, then I have to tell you you're a scrub with Reptile. (Not you you, but whoever is reading this that still uses it LOL).

The thing about finishing combos with 2f31+2 is that if it hits, you're in no advantage whatsoever (unless you're in a corner), so it's very easy that they're going to take away your invisibility. Here are my BnBs:

Combo 1: 122-FFB, NJP, ff, 32-SFB, FINISHER 1(32% before the ball hits) 2(30% before doing the jump) 3(38%).

Combo 2: 321-elbow dash, NJP, 32-FFB, SFB, FINISHER 1(35%) 2(33%) 3(41%).

Combo 3 (1bar): 122-FFB, NJP, ff, 4-EXSFB, FINISHER 1(35%) 2(33%) 3(41%).

Combo 4 (1bar): 321-elbow dash, NJP, ff, 4-EXFFB, 32-SFB (timing is tricky), FINISHER 1(41%) 2(40%) 3(48%).

Extra Combo 5 (1bar): 321-eblow dash, NJP, ff, 32-FFB, 4-EXSFB, FINISHER 1(40%) 2(38%) 3(46%). Combo 4 is better but if you screw up you can do this one.

You can add an extra 3-4% if you start your combos with a JP. The max he can with 1 bar is the Combo 4 with the third finisher (51%). I usually use this one, but sometimes I mix up the combo 1 or 3 to mess up with their mind a little bit.

Now a FINISHER could be:

FINISHER 1: 321-SFB (or EXSFB) then elbow dash to whatever you want to do (another 321, d4-acid hand, etc..).

FINISHER 2: 32-elbow dash, then backwards jump. This one comes from MuffinMuggers, it messes up their wake up game and you can score a JP to a full combo.

FINISHER 3: 2f31+2, if they block it you can continue your pressure with whatever you want (exelbow dash, etc), if they're close to a corner you can continue a 321 string).

Your first combo starts with 32-EXFFB, I don't know why you would waste a bar in that combo, if you could get 5% more if you did my Combo 4.

Also, why don't you try replacing the invisibility for 32-SFB, and finishing it with 321-Invisibility. It nets you 44%, but it's way safer that if you get your reset blocked (unless you're in a corner, because you can continue the pressure).
This.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
this is def new but i dont think is the best choice at all.

i have two problems with your vid. first is that you keep doing 32 invis which is tried n done and most people expect it but there is soo much more to invise. you can do jip invis which will work wonders as well as jip 1 invis.. you can mix it up soo much and generalizing to 32 invis is unfair. second why do you make it seem like 321 slide is the only option when that is the worst option available. acid hand is by far the most viable option though i do agree that the distance it would would leave you on on block is nothe best.

not going to lie its a sick find but dont think its worth the meter.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Hi Guys.

This combo will do the same amount of damage as his current B&B for one bar of meter (JIP :fk:bp :en Fast Force Ball, NJP, :fk:bp Slow Force Ball, :fk:bp:fp Slide = 42%), but my combo will also be able to bag stealth during it.

If done with the Reset it will still grant you 40% on block and 46% on hit, but again, this one will incorporate :d:u:bk during the combo.

In summary: Same Damage, Same meter but bags stealth, so I think this should be his new B&B, the addition of stealth during the combo is great advancement on his current B&B.

I have attached the video showing and explaining it.

If you watch the whole video, thanks for sticking it out :)

Great stuff UFG.
I should have made a video like this for the Scorpion BNB I made that still no one but me uses.

UsedForGlue

this is def new but i dont think is the best choice at all.

i have two problems with your vid. first is that you keep doing 32 invis which is tried n done and most people expect it but there is soo much more to invise. you can do jip invis which will work wonders as well as jip 1 invis.. you can mix it up soo much and generalizing to 32 invis is unfair. second why do you make it seem like 321 slide is the only option when that is the worst option available. acid hand is by far the most viable option though i do agree that the distance it would would leave you on on block is nothe best.

not going to lie its a sick find but dont think its worth the meter.
I think you have mis-understood this completly.

Ending your juggle combos for 42% by ending with a slide presents you with distancing issue, I showed the slide at the end of combos as an example that his old combos do the same damage as this new one, that is also why I talked about the slide in general, if you thought I was talking about it from a block string, then you really were not listening, as acid hand won't hit on the end of juggles, and slide is his only damagable combo finisher, i did also mention in the video that you can end this anyway you like, So I think you were watching the video with a completly angle than the one I was showing.

Generalizing 32 invis is unfair? You just said JIP invis and 1 Invis is a good idea, which I can say is defiantly not, and let me give you an example way:

Doing a JIP into invisibility is non hit confirm able anyway, so if you JIP and hit the opponent into invisibility, you have given up a whole juggle combo for invisibility.

Doing a JIP 1 invisibility is also not hit confirm able and has the same issue, if you hit him, you will drop a whole combo op, doing 321 or 32 is at least hit confirmable on block, and it's still not a good idea at that.

And again, if you watched the video with an understanding, you would noticed that I think doing block strings into invis is not a good idea, it's risky, so what does it matter if I used 32 in my demo? No block string into invis holds priority over any other one.

the bottom line is, if you are going to use a bar of meter in a combo, then this one takes priority, for me at least. Like I said in the video, I am only interested in facts, not semantics.