What's new

NetherRealm to Aim Injustice for Evolution Tournaments

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Besides this a million times, let's hope that this time around NRS actually bothers listening to the concerns of the players they've brought in to make sure the game is solid. You guys should hear some of the crap the players who tested MK9 went through.
They bring those players in to help, but remember that this game is made to sell to millions of people, most of them casual -- it's not Skullgirls. So they have priorities greater than adjusting attacks by 1 or 2 frames or lowering damage by 2%.

why dont you just tell us? idk any of thoses guys besides tom brady and i barely see him.
Because I'd feel it would be better if they told you if they even want to discuss it on this site. IMO, I don't think NRS would appreciate seeing a topic about how they handled all that and all the stuff that would come because of it.

Like I said, let's just hope they learned from the past and let the players' inputs actually be implemented this time around.

They bring those players in to help, but remember that this game is made to sell to millions of people, most of them casual -- it's not Skullgirls. So they have priorities greater than adjusting attacks by 1 or 2 frames or lowering damage by 2%.
The game was going to sell a ton of copies regardless. Mortal Kombat is a household name due to all the press it got when it was in it's heyday and a new one, especially with the fact that they were almost starting over was going to make tons of money for them.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Because I'd feel it would be better if they told you if they even want to discuss it on this site. IMO, I don't think NRS would appreciate seeing a topic about how they handled all that and all the stuff that would come because of it.

Like I said, let's just hope they learned from the past and let the players' inputs actually be implemented this time around.
inbox me.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The game was going to sell a ton of copies regardless. Mortal Kombat is a household name due to all the press it got when it was in it's heyday and a new one, especially with the fact that they were almost starting over was going to make tons of money for them.
I'm not sure how that relates to my comment.. But the point is, the concerns of top players are always going to be much more specific and and niche-focused than those of NRS. Thus not every suggestions will be considered critical enough to make changes to the game/engine.

I think overall MK clearly reflects the influence of tournament concerns.. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
you think Jason will finally get his turn to be DLC in this one lol?
but if they do have DLC, you know who i think would be a hype crossover character? Spawn. Marvel wouldnt be an option, and for a minute there Spawn was doin big things. then came the film...

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
but if they do have DLC, you know who i think would be a hype crossover character? Spawn. Marvel wouldnt be an option, and for a minute there Spawn was doin big things. then came the film...
I agree 100%

Spawn is awesome

I'm not sure how that relates to my comment.. But the point is, the concerns of top players are always going to be much more specific and and niche-focused than those of NRS. Thus not every suggestions will be considered critical enough to make changes to the game/engine.

I think overall MK clearly reflects the influence of tournament concerns.. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about.
Who said that I was complaining about something? You said that the game was meant to sell to millions, a lot of them being casual players, and I said that the game was going to sell millions regardless if it was only aimed towards the competitive community.

you think Jason will finally get his turn to be DLC in this one lol?
Except Spawn isn't DC. Although I will agree, that would be badass. Loved the Spawn HBO series.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Who said that I was complaining about something? You said that the game was meant to sell to millions, a lot of them being casual players, and I said that the game was going to sell millions regardless if it was only aimed towards the competitive community.
Yeah, except that that's not true. A large part of the reason MK sold so well, and was reviewed so well, is that it had one of the best single-player experiences of any recent fighter. It's incredibly casual-friendly, and that was reflected in the sales.

Yeah, except that that's not true. A large part of the reason MK sold so well, and was reviewed so well, is that it had one of the best single-player experiences of any recent fighter. It's incredibly casual-friendly, and that was reflected in the sales.
Ummm ok, I already knew that. In fact, I was one of the people happy to see a fighting game this generation besides BlazBlue have loads of offline content for the single player side of things.

It still doesnt change the fact that the game would have sold tons of copies even if it was only aimed at the competitive side of gaming. It's Mortal Kombat. It was going to sell a lot regardless.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
It still doesnt change the fact that the game would have sold tons of copies even if it was only aimed at the competitive side of gaming. It's Mortal Kombat. It was going to sell a lot regardless.
If that were true then you'd figure MK games would all sell about the same.. But this game is already a few million ahead of most of the other recent MK's at this point in the lifecycle. For reasons stated above.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Im not sure if you guys are into Comics or not but if they do a crossove character from Image, they need to do the Mask.

Read the mask comics and you will see why.
you know what, i agree the Mask would fit in with DC characters pretty well, but Spawn WAS Image so it would be hard to believe anyone else would beat him out. thinking realistically, i dont think a crossover character from Image is too far-fetched. Obviously the human race isnt ready for Marvel to be included with DC just yet, maybe in 10 years or so, but Image would be a lot easier to make happen.

This this this.

Seeing this game at major tournaments taking over MK9 would be cool but I would miss MK9. I'm still gonna pre-order and everything just probably won't play it as much as I did with MK9.
CDjr and Tom will be at E3 next week so hopefully they will have a good idea what to tell us about the game...now like you i will pre order the shit outta this game im talking the epic edition (gears had the epic $180 and i boughtthat bitch up lol) but hopefully they will give us a cool statue dvd and like art book or somthing cool honestly though im hopeing for Hawkman( my son is named after his human half) and Red Robin or at least a couple characters that would fall into there gadget category

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just ask some of the guys NRS brought in to test MK9 and see if you can get them to tell you. It's amazing some of the bs they went through.
Seriously, what the fuck? There was no BS that we had to go through. There was absolutely NOTHING bad about the experience provided to me or any of the other guys that NRS brought in to help balance MK9.

Good lord, I'd do everything I could to make arrangements to go again if the opportunity presented itself again.