What's new

NetherRealm to Aim Injustice for Evolution Tournaments

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
In a very interesting Kotaku.com preview of Injustice|Gods Among Us there were some similar aspects mentioned about the fighting and how what stage you're in, matters. Though, this isn't what caught my eye in this article... it was when editor Stephen Totilo quoted Ed Boon saying that a "big part of their strategy" was to incorporate features to Injustice that would be fit for EVO tournaments. Ed also adds the fact that they have tournament players on their team to assist in this process. Seeing as Evo 2011 made NRS' game even bigger it is very nice to see a quote like this from the team. Check out the full preview, here!

dcf3.png

And there's also this from Boon regarding the game's depth: "There are guys on our team who are tournament players and there are certainly layered features for those EVO guys and all that stuff in there. That's a big part of our strategy." Boon and his Netherrealm studio's Mortal Kombat games have never been the fixture of fighting tournaments like EVO the way Street Fighter has, but it sounds like he wants to edge into that scene more, with the most recent MK and with this one.
Credit: TRMK Twitter

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Well tourney players helped out on MK9, so let's hope things go smoothly this time around. To see such a game at EVO would be killer, though

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Well tourney players helped out on MK9, so let's hope things go smoothly this time around. To see such a game at EVO would be killer, though
A little difference is last time they pulled in players much later in development, well this time they have them from the start, well not START START, but much earlier.

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
That quote alone gives me hope as I was beginning to think that the arena stuff could be gimmicky like in MKDC. At the minute it's looking quite bland, but it's early days. I hope this is good and keeps their momentum riding from MK9.

I trust them. MK9 did well to make it to 2 Evo's and I'm sure Injustice will follow in it's footsteps with the help of the tournament players working with them.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
This gives me hope. Regardless how casual friendly some of the features are out of the box if we can have an option to make it more competitive when we want I don't see how this can't please everyone.

Love it. This is what i want to hear from Boon and the team even if Boon's oblivious to what a meter system is.
Besides this a million times, let's hope that this time around NRS actually bothers listening to the concerns of the players they've brought in to make sure the game is solid. You guys should hear some of the crap the players who tested MK9 went through.

Espio

Kokomo
Whether it's mature or teen rated will not determine its worth as a fighter, Soul Calibur and Tekken are really good and they are not mature rated.

If the game is fun and the engine is solid with good content and replay value it should be fine.

Since they want this game fit for EVO I'm hoping for great things.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Whether it's mature or teen rated will not determine its worth as a fighter, Soul Calibur and Tekken are really good and they are not mature rated.

If the game is fun and the engine is solid with good content and replay value it should be fine.

Since they want this game fit for EVO I'm hoping for great things.
No competitive fighting game other than MK9 is rated M, lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Besides this a million times, let's hope that this time around NRS actually bothers listening to the concerns of the players they've brought in to make sure the game is solid. You guys should hear some of the crap the players who tested MK9 went through.
what?