What's new

Question - A-List Need Johnny Cage A List Help

Hey guys, as you can see I've got my cage to a decent level now but I'm having a lot of trouble getting my dash cancels going in order to vastly improve my pressure and therefore get my JC to a higher level. Can someone please help me out. Which special move do I cancel into for example? Does it make a difference? Thanks guys and sorry for the noobie questions aha, I just don't know JC too well :).

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
Well your post nutpunch mixups are solid. 11 stagger f2, 1 stagger throw e.t.c
You do play very unsafe tho, sometimes you go for raw 113np which isnt the best option when you can do 113-skrc-and then 113np / f24 if you hitconfirmed or 114 to stay +2, or you could even go for another 113 skrc into more offense. The options are pretty much endless.
In general you should cancel everything you do into a shadowkick runcancel if your opponent blocks it, and sometimes you should even cancel your stuff on hit to extend your combos and get more dmg.
And neutral game wise you gotta use f3 skrc way more. Its an insane tool for pressure and pretty much johnnys best normal.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
You should use f3skrc more, it's your best tool to apply pressure and approach the opponent.
After nutpunch try to use b34skrc into 114skrc into what you want. You'll do great chip damage and build a lot of meter too, which is never bad.

Also, try to maximize your damage in combos; in the video you dropped a lot of damage during your corner combo.
You did f24,d1,f3 nut but you could do f24,d1,njp, 12 12 12xxnutpunch for 31%. Is probably possible to do even more, take a look at the Johnny Cage combo thread.

113intonutpunch is super risky, try to use it sparingly. 113SKRC is a bit better but hitconfirming after only the low hits is next to impossible.
If the opponent blocks the low and you try to do anything other than SKRC block or SKRC backdash any armored move will blow you up.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
first of all bro you do not have to apologise for questions thats what we r here for ^^
well kelevra has made the main point clear so far.
f3 skrc isthe best too he has since it is a block string and a combo opener on hit. another good string would be 114 skrc. I sometimes use b34 skrc as well but i am not quite sure if that is a true block string

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Been using JC stunt double alot recently, he's alot of fun but that's cos I never new any of his variations had a RC! Is there any footage of this in an actual fight I could take a look at?

BTW good to see you again Asodomize! Used to try & play your stryker & Cage on MK9, loads of fun even tho I got battered.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
first of all bro you do not have to apologise for questions thats what we r here for ^^
well kelevra has made the main point clear so far.
f3 skrc isthe best too he has since it is a block string and a combo opener on hit. another good string would be 114 skrc. I sometimes use b34 skrc as well but i am not quite sure if that is a true block string
edit i have checked again
these r the true block strings out of a skrc

f3 skrc 11
333 skrc 11
114 skrc 11
and my favorite one
b34 skrc 11

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Been using JC stunt double alot recently, he's alot of fun but that's cos I never new any of his variations had a RC! Is there any footage of this in an actual fight I could take a look at?

BTW good to see you again Asodomize! Used to try & play your stryker & Cage on MK9, loads of fun even tho I got battered.
Good to see you too! I'm playing Jin, Cage and Ferra-Torr, hope to see you online one of these days

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@SMASHOFDOOM cancel everything into Shadow Kick Run Cancel. Never do Flip Kick.

I think that as A-List I throw way more than with any character, I think it's a staple of his offense. Learn f24, 113 and f2 SKRC, and most importantly learn to do f3 out of run cancels, as it is his only way to beat poking out of the run cancels that give smaller advantage like f24 and 12(1) instead of poking himself.

Wigy

There it is...
What everybody else here has said, all i would say it try and optimise your combos a bit as well you're missing out on 3-4% each time you ex BP.
113ex bp 12rc f3bp. It all adds up bud.

Never use raw f3 ballpunch unless you're punishing, you can delay MB it but if your opponent catches onto it you'll have to use a bar just to stay marginally safer and most characters can still punish the ex version.
Get the f3 rc down as it is literally jc's best tool.

I'm also learning Johnny Cage. Thanks for this video as you are a whole lot better with him than I am and I learned a lot just from watching your video.