What's new

Need help with kabal execution and negative edge

i use an nice fighting stick and i got no problems anymore with negative edge.
example: kung lmao,s bnb 112-spin <- i you do it 2 fast spin wont come out but if you press and HOLD 2 then spin it will come out no matter how fast you perform the inputs.

if u are not able to hold some buttons (pad) in a combo, then you should press the inputs slowly.

@Quark28 u use pad?
if yes, fool, start to use stick :p

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
The best advice I can give really is to just practice and get your rhythm down. Negative Edge might seem like a problem but it actually can work for you in the NDC. I'm sure we all have our own ways how to do things. Either on hitbox, pad, or stick.

The first problem I had was trying to do everything so fast. Instead I practice and practice until I got it down doing a series of rhythm and smooth motion. Timing is important as well but once you get your feel of it muscle memory will kick in.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You shouldn't try to learn b1 ndc mid pressure just yet, it's tough for a beginner. What you need to do is have a slight delay on canceling the dash, continue holding back & press 1 into the ndc. Until you got that down, do not try to b1 ndc mid pressure, you will get a gas blast blocked/whiffed & it'll get blown up.

Amongst the other questions, just practice.

How long does it take a Kabal to a decent level? It all just depends on you.

f3 ndc? Pssh, you'll get that like nothing soon.
What do you mean? I used to do it like b1f4 ndc + blk , let go, repeat

now I do b1f4 ndc + blk and hold back and press 1, I can't get the f4 to come out, right now I'm practicing b12 ndc and it's good.

I'm not a total scrub at execution, I had gotten Kazuya's EWGF down in 2 hours, I'm guessing that's the same for 2 NDC except longer because of the inputs?

How do I get f4 to come out after b1?

Skitzo

Noob
What do you mean? I used to do it like b1f4 ndc + blk , let go, repeat

now I do b1f4 ndc + blk and hold back and press 1, I can't get the f4 to come out, right now I'm practicing b12 ndc and it's good.

I'm not a total scrub at execution, I had gotten Kazuya's EWGF down in 2 hours, I'm guessing that's the same for 2 NDC except longer because of the inputs?

How do I get f4 to come out after b1?
You are canceling the dash too soon is what i'm saying

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Skitzo
Lulzlou

Any of you guys found kabal weird at first?I really can't get in the logic of reaching someone with a great advancing string yet cancelling it to pressure, I keep autopiloting mixups and doing stupid risky shit, can't stop letting go of the dash in hopes of catching a poke.

Lulzlou

Noob
Skitzo
Lulzlou

Any of you guys found kabal weird at first?I really can't get in the logic of reaching someone with a great advancing string yet cancelling it to pressure, I keep autopiloting mixups and doing stupid risky shit, can't stop letting go of the dash in hopes of catching a poke.
Yes, it took me awhile to understand everything mainly because this was my first fighting game. The main question you need to ask yourself is, Why are you starting pressure? Its a weird question to answer but once you have more experience with it you'll notice when usually people start to poke out and develop different mind games/set ups with pressure. Once you get your execution down its all about experience with kabal in different match ups.

I mean look at me when I first started playing Kabal

I'm going down to blackula's today so hopefully i can get on stream so you can see the diference. Sometime around 7pm I think unless he starts it early.
www.twitch.tv/blackula_sova

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just to clear something up

am i supposed to be doing b1f4 ndc HOLD BACK 1f4 ndc?

or b1f4 NDC hold back 1bf4 ndc?

Lulzlou

Noob
and how do you get the f4 to come out?It's the same timing as my previous b1 ndc but it doesn't come out, stopped holding block too.
Are you trying to cancel it too early? If you input b+block on the second b1 ndc too early, the dash wont even come out.

Try letting the dash go instead of canceling it the second time.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Are you trying to cancel it too early? If you input b+block on the second b1 ndc too early, the dash wont even come out.

Try letting the dash go instead of canceling it the second time.
just tried it, still wont come out, just did it once on accident.

i can do b1 ndc just fine but not that fast

i cant for the life of me do b1 ndc when im holding back

9_Lives

Noob
Thanks man, I'm struggling most with the really fast ones like 2 ndc and somewhat 3 ndc. I can do them off of jips, but I don't want to limit my pressure to the hope that I can find a way to delay the inputs long enough to squeeze like two hits in before getting punished for a riskier string.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
well son of a bitch, was about to give up on kabal then I thought screw this, Ill do it my own way and try to eliminate iagb

found out what was being done wrong, was pressing block at the same time as f4, this was also causing annoying ex nds

Lulzlou

Noob
Never give up! Look at what happened to me lol. I came close to giving up a few times.
If you really want to have a decent kabal or high level kabal, you gotta work for it. Leveling up as kabal is tough

Take your time with the ndc. You don't have to input it extremely fast or anything. Figure out the timing and its not as fast as you think.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Never give up! Look at what happened to me lol. I came close to giving up a few times.
If you really want to have a decent kabal or high level kabal, you gotta work for it. Leveling up as kabal is tough

Take your time with the ndc. You don't have to input it extremely fast or anything. Figure out the timing and its not as fast as you think.
now im able to get it done but only for about 3 reps before i accidentaly press block again

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

question, the hold back is for not getting iagb?