What's new

Question Need A Favor From Fellow PSN Players

Espio

Kokomo
uuhhh...I was kinda hoping someone could give me a rundown of what exactly is fundamental in mk9 cause it feels like Im lacking somewhere.
Oh okay so you want me to go over Jade specific fundamental stuff? I find it so hard to explain fundamentals...the big thing for me is whiff punishment and walking back(one of the strongest things in the game) and the reason why I say this is because walking back can force your opponent to whiff their special or string and a whiff can get you a 25-35% combo in the case of Jade if you utilize either back 2 or back 1, depending on experience, whiffed move and reads among some examples of factors. Walking back and whiff punishing is a universal cast trait, it's the equalizer in some respects.

Knowing how to counterpoke is important (online makes doing this harder), but down 3's are -7 on block and down 1's are around -13 on block. If you're offline and you block a person's pokes, you can turn the tables and begin pressuring them back with your character and if you have a fast enough normal, you can actually not just get a poke or pressure, but more impressive damage off of a person's blocked down 1, depending on how negative it is as well.

Zoning is basically is just space control, it's not just projectile use and in the case of Jade she zones best with her limbs and impressive range.Her boomerangs are apart of her zoning, but they are just a piece of the puzzle. If you can control your particular character's niche( whether it's up close, mid screen, or full screen), you're effectively zoning the opponent out as per example, Sonya can zone you with her down 4, while Sindel might zone you with her fireballs. Both of these are different moves, yet they accomplish the same goal of controlling space and putting your opponent in an unfavorable position they don't wish to be in, while these moves help maintain your character's favorable position.

I suck at explaining things, but this is the best I can think of to explain fundamentals.

Edit: Learning fundamentals is something that requires a lot of experience and patience. It's a life long learning expereince as you play fighters. The best way to learn is to experience it, moreso than my input/explanation as you have to learn to gauge human tendencies as well as get in the head of how your opponent thinks, it's why playing characters that require strong fundamentals to succeed is the best way to learn a game in my opinion.

Jade is a good choice for this in my opinion. She helped me a lot...she made me better with Stryker too:).

Espio

Kokomo
Ah okay, I see what you mean. Now I just need some more hands on training it xD

also
shoutout to Joker8417 for those great matches earlier.

I added a little edit to my previous post, it's in green, check that out :).Experience is the main thing a person really needs to grasp fundamentals in my personal experience.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
I'll probably be on tomorrow around 4 pst, I can give you some cage exp for pokes and whatnot. Also, do you have an offline scene? Because the fundamentals you learn online aren't always the best. Perfect example being how people excessively cross-up to extend pressure and yada yada. Either way, add OneOddesy and i'll try and help you out man! (Sorry for the paragraph)

Gruff757

The Gruff
I'll probably be on tomorrow around 4 pst, I can give you some cage exp for pokes and whatnot. Also, do you have an offline scene? Because the fundamentals you learn online aren't always the best. Perfect example being how people excessively cross-up to extend pressure and yada yada. Either way, add OneOddesy and i'll try and help you out man! (Sorry for the paragraph)
yeah I go to blackula's place for offline, but the mk part is slowly dying out from what i see lol

KRYS9984

Noob
Gruff757

I am not a Jade main (I sometimes play her casually) but we can get a few games in if you're interested.

I also have a mic and we can go over a couple match-ups, strategies or get some solid 1 vs 1 sparring sessions.

Just add me on PSN, I'm usually online at around 1:30 - 2:00 (est).

Gruff757

The Gruff
Gruff757

I am not a Jade main (I sometimes play her casually) but we can get a few games in if you're interested.

I also have a mic and we can go over a couple match-ups, strategies or get some solid 1 vs 1 sparring sessions.

Just add me on PSN, I'm usually online at around 1:30 - 2:00 (est).
sent a request :D

D4 pole grab.also wake up with glow. Also watch out for most of the strings you have since there all bad, just really really bad. And I mean bad. I should mention that your best punnisher is rediculas, nothing but garbage. So you gotta use your horrable self destructive strings to open up a chance to whiff your garbage launchers to loose all your health points to Kabal 8 - 2 mu

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
D4 pole grab.also wake up with glow. Also watch out for most of the strings you have since there all bad, just really really bad. And I mean bad. I should mention that your best punnisher is rediculas, nothing but garbage. So you gotta use your horrable self destructive strings to open up a chance to whiff your garbage launchers to loose all your health points to Kabal 8 - 2 mu
Or learn fundamentals and realize that Kabal has nothing against Jade and he has to risk rushing down and running into a full combo. Bait his wakeup and his dash, learn when to poke out for d3,4~options, and generally play safe.
His pressure game is his only chance and even then, if you learn when to poke out you're good to go. He gets chip, he gets counter-zoned, his wakeups are all blown up, and you have five ways to destroy him at any point in the game, but just corner him and watch him burn.
Your hardest matchup is Scorpion and Reptile, not Kabal. Kenshi is said to be hard for Jade but he's just as fucked if you cross him up and know how to approach him.

Espio

Kokomo
Gruff asked for help with his fundamentals....not a match up chart lol(not that it's accurate anyway).

We know Jade isn't this godlike character, now can we move on ?

Let's turn these weaknesses into strengths.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
We know Jade isn't this godlike character, now can we move on ?
Jade has every tool to be godlike, except you need to be a machine to get her right apparently. I've been spending ages in practice mode against the cpu. You can pretty much keep everybody out, or get in on people that need you kept out. Except 90% of the cast has a better risk/reward factor.