What's new

General/Other - Mystic Mystic Ermac looks pretty great in the beta.

MBA_Ermok

Re-learning Spectral Ermac
Mystic definitely looks viable now in certain matchups such as against teleporters or characters that have to get in your face. I've played him a fair bit in the beta and players are respecting the force push a lot more (Especially after doing the EX version) which allows you to mix it up by running in for grabs once in a while to keep them on their toes. Add the amazing new DU+Block flight input and you can mix it up even more with fast ground pounds and flight cancels to bait the opponent to jump into another Force Push. Mystic is overall a lot more balanced imo. Really liking this version.

B1 is a high labeled as a mid. This was confirmed by 16 Bit on another of my posts.

Normal push is roughly -14 on block while ex push is -1

Bnb damage pre beta is roughly 28-34% depending on the moves used. Or if 1 bar of meter is involved. From what I've noticed Mystic scales a little less now resulting in slightly higher damage.

Not many know how to fight Mystic because prior to the Beta almost no one used it over MOS or Spectral.

Ex TK Push has always had Armor/Health Regen/Meter Drain properties, in case any thought this was new.

Not to sound Typical of TYM, but the buff to Ex TKP was a perfect addition to make the variation a bit more viable in competitive play.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Mystic is godlike. Controls so much space. I use it against characters like Takeda or Kung Jin that control space better then my characters do.

Reactions: GAV
I like playing with the lower tier characters, it makes you feel pretty good when you do win. I main Fisticuffs and had a pretty good set with a decent Spectral the other day. I'm glad at least one of the lower tier variations got a little bit of a buff. At least I got a 17% throw (fart noise)

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
THIS MOVE ISN'T NEW. Mystic always dominated in space control, making ex tkp safe on block made his up close game even better. Now if db1 was safe on block...

Noob
ppl need to calm down a bit tho, this is pure speculation, there aint anything confirming the changes in the beta will go live... just a likelyhood... i seriously doubt that F34 will remain that plus... the changes to TKP are welcome but they do not make this character broken at all, is just isnt free anymore... And like someone said back a few posts Mystic caps out at around 34% mid screen can go 40+ on the corner with a very specific combo set ups... Mystic is not as much bout the damage as its more about frustrating the opponent

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I suppose b32 is still unsafe on block and cannot be canceled, yes? Also could you plz tell me the startup frames for his b1?
Didn't test B32 but from playing other Ermacs there doesn't seem to be any differences. B1 is allegedly faster but the in-game frame data appears to be not updated yet.

Lies
ppl need to calm down a bit tho, this is pure speculation, there aint anything confirming the changes in the beta will go live... just a likelyhood... i seriously doubt that F34 will remain that plus... the changes to TKP are welcome but they do not make this character broken at all, is just isnt free anymore... And like someone said back a few posts Mystic caps out at around 34% mid screen can go 40+ on the corner with a very specific combo set ups... Mystic is not as much bout the damage as its more about frustrating the opponent
No one expects it to remain that plus, I just want a guaranteed d1 afterwords.. Mystic is more than frustrating your opponent, it's deeper than that bro.. Also mid screen he gets 40% off of his overhead 38% off of his low and 36% off of his f2 and s2.. lol he doesn't cap out at 34%

Lies
No one expects it to remain that plus, I just want a guaranteed d1 afterwords.. Mystic is more than frustrating your opponent, it's deeper than that bro.. Also mid screen he gets 40% off of his overhead 38% off of his low and 36% off of his f2 and s2.. lol he doesn't cap out at 34%

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
How did mystic dominate space control pre-beta?

He didnt. TKP being at -24f on block was really bad for him. The only ones who were dominated by Mystic Ermac, were people who didnt know the MU. At least, after XL, people will respect EX TKP alot more, since its safe.

He didnt. TKP being at -24f on block was really bad for him. The only ones who were dominated by Mystic Ermac, were people who didnt know the MU. At least, after XL, people will respect EX TKP alot more, since its safe.
I didn't think he did unless olcadan knows something I don't.. But the knew move is a godsend and can be applied in a lot of other areas other than space control.. My only gripe is that I think if you hold 2 while performing the move, you should either drain additional meter from the opponent or gain some back rather than stealing health because a lot of times I simply don't need it. Like when I have a large life lead or the move will finish the round

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
How did mystic dominate space control pre-beta?
Walk back a safe distance then do tkp as soon as you see them do something (jump, run, etc). Now that I think about it this could easily be blown up, don't know why nobody stopped it then lol

Noob
Lies

And is that meterless? Because i dont see any good Ermac spending to much meter in combos as Mystic... Even the changes on his TKP might not stick... specially the -1 EX TKP, if Paulo wanted to make that move as impressive as it is right now he wouldv done it ALONG time ago when everyone,and i mean everyone on multiple places told him Mystic and Spectral where useless after the big patch for more than one reason... If indeed the frame data will remain as is i will be very surprised indeed, Happy ofc because i want to be able to play all of Ermacs variations as counter MUs but very surprised, so if it does happen plz have my premition to come here and say i told you so lolol

And is that meterless? Because i dont see any good Ermac spending to much meter in combos as Mystic... Even the changes on his TKP might not stick... specially the -1 EX TKP, if Paulo wanted to make that move as impressive as it is right now he wouldv done it ALONG time ago when everyone,and i mean everyone on multiple places told him Mystic and Spectral where useless after the big patch for more than one reason... If indeed the frame data will remain as is i will be very surprised indeed, Happy ofc because i want to be able to play all of Ermacs variations as counter MUs but very surprised, so if it does happen plz have my premition to come here and say i told you so lolol[/QUOTE
All meterless bro.. They told him AFTER the big patch.. This is the next big patch.. Everyone is getting reworked and changed in one way or another
And is that meterless? Because i dont see any good Ermac spending to much meter in combos as Mystic... Even the changes on his TKP might not stick... specially the -1 EX TKP, if Paulo wanted to make that move as impressive as it is right now he wouldv done it ALONG time ago when everyone,and i mean everyone on multiple places told him Mystic and Spectral where useless after the big patch for more than one reason... If indeed the frame data will remain as is i will be very surprised indeed, Happy ofc because i want to be able to play all of Ermacs variations as counter MUs but very surprised, so if it does happen plz have my premition to come here and say i told you so lolol
It's meterless bro.. One of the benefits from the faster b1.. if they told him AFTER the last big patch then it only makes sense that it's being changed in the next big patch.. A lot of other overlooked moves are getting touched as well not just ermacs.. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed tho