What's new

General/Other - Mystic Mystic Ermac looks pretty great in the beta.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Just watched this hour long set between HoneyBee and Reo, I've never seen one move frustrate HoneyBee as much as Ermac's EX force push.

So we have Ermac gaining health and draining the opponent's meter with one move that does 13% damage, has a godlike hitbox and is armored.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I saw this set firsthand. Mystic looks very good now. Hard to tell which one is the best now. The ex force push is kinda od not to mention his regular force push seems safer as well. Hopefully all these changes stay in the game.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
You also have to keep in mind that other than his F34 possibly being stupid in the beta Ermac is not particularly good at building meter. Regular Telekinetic Push being safer is a much bigger deal.

Infinite

Noob
Pig and Honeybee are the only good players I know of that complain about moves/matchups while still dominating. Anyway Mystic really needs something to contend with MoS higher damage, resets and full screen presence. Comboing off meterless lift is only half of the equation.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
You also have to keep in mind that other than his F34 possibly being stupid in the beta Ermac is not particularly good at building meter. Regular Telekinetic Push being safer is a much bigger deal.
What's f34 on block? I heard the frame data is wrong in the beta and it's actually stupid plus, is that true?

REO

Undead
What's f34 on block? I heard the frame data is wrong in the beta and it's actually stupid plus, is that true?
I was curious too. I was using kotal and couldn't poke out with d1.
If you're in the corner and don't have meter for an armor attack or can't double back dash because you're not mid screen, then it's almost a block infinite / trap in the corner.

Here's a video of Strykie trying to poke out with Quan Chi's 6 frame D+1. If the F+3,4 loops are timed correctly, there is no escape from any poking out. It's at least +10 or more on block. Pretty sure it's not intentional and some how got bugged.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Pig and Honeybee are the only good players I know of that complain about moves/matchups while still dominating. Anyway Mystic really needs something to contend with MoS higher damage, resets and full screen presence. Comboing off meterless lift is only half of the equation.
Word. And because of it they are the only two players I can't stand to watch, I find this guy unbearable, had to mute the sound on this shit.

Regardless, Mystic looks sweet now. REO of course can literally make Jason look strong, but I think Mystic is legit now with this, his footsies look amazing, he is gonna be a pretty solid defensive character in MKX which is good - we needed another, the limited few we have are pretty heavy on execution.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
@GGA pimpimjim stated his b1 is faster and can now be linked after teleport. He also said he does near or above 40 meterless off of f4/b3 xx teleport combos. That's if I was reading it right.
I was low profiling Ermac's B1, if B1 is his advancing mid, with a D1 last night. Ermac mains might wanna check if B1 is still a mid or now a high.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So after trolling online with Mystic, I gotta say that this variation may be his best. You build so much meter (and health back), and your opponent loses lots of bar as well so they can't break. If you fight some commonly used characters like Grandmaster Sub, you can just shut down his neutral game. Characters, like goro, who don't have a lot speed, or lack projectiles can not get in easily.