What's new

Mystery That is Motaro

So i was looking over old UMK3 cheats and i seen how u could transform into motaro before a match by holding B+lk+hk,on a specific stage such as (Wasteland,Desert,Kahns Tower) decided to try it on mk9 and it was a no go, also tried diff combinations of buttons to hold but still nothing, then i thought maybe it only can be done with shang tsung since he is the keeper of solds but still nothing, i do believe he makes more then just a cinematic appearance in the game, and that the code holds more value to it then we think it does, it just needs to be cracked, i was hoping maybe the community could get together like they did with the toasty to boosts to unsolve this mystery??

PS: you guys can tag check and other well known gamebreakers into this thread since i dont know how to, so thay they might give their opinion on this topic.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i honestly dont think he is in the game. ive been working with a hacker for the past 5 months and he delves deep into the game. if motaro was there, he would have told me by now..

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Pretty sure "Motoro Transformation?" is just a reference to the "Kano Transformations" counter that was put into MK2 just to troll people back in the day because MK was so well known for its secret stuff. Think there was a "Johnny Cage Transformations" in MK3 as well?

Lots of people seemed to have hacked this game to play as the bosses and secret NPCs since its release, it would be very strange that no one would have found a Motoro model or anything related to him within the game by now.

Goldi

Noob
I'll try out the code and a little button mashing at the start if the other person puts it in too. This game is still full of surprises after two years lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
As far as I've been told, he was never going to be put into the game, other than in the storyline.

Which is great, because he is the single worst sub-boss in the history of not just MK, but any fighting game, imo. FUCKING RETARDED.

The code you're referring to only exists on the n64 version of MK Trilogy.

To pick Motaro in UMK3 in the home versions you had to input a secret code in main menu.
key words = HOME VERSIONS. lol

i honestly dont think he is in the game. ive been working with a hacker for the past 5 months and he delves deep into the game. if motaro was there, he would have told me by now..
I think there is more to the game honestly tony, i dont think motaro would be an npc u can just hack the game and use, he is an npc that requires a code and a special stage and maybe character to use in order to play as him for 1 match, so i dnt think hacking the game would do u any justice. Just look at umk3 and how even in 2012 a guy was making videos showing off newly discovered never before seen footage of secrets within the game years after the games release, i find it hard to believe we truely fleshed out everything in this game just in the course of 2 to 3 yrs...something tells me theres a little left. Its just the mk way.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I kinda liked Motaro. I like him more than Kintaros kitty lookin ass.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I really can't believe that this game is tapped out on secrets already. I mean, toasty boosts were found.... I DOUBT that that's everything.
Maybe there's a way to disable Cyrax's combat mode so he can't reset.

We just need to work as a community to find it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Just look at umk3 and how even in 2012 a guy was making videos showing off newly discovered never before seen footage of secrets within the game years after the games release, i find it hard to believe we truely fleshed out everything in this game just in the course of 2 to 3 yrs...something tells me theres a little left. Its just the mk way.
link?

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Wasn't the whole reason he wasn't in the game was so they wouldn't have to work with how moves would affect a 4 legged character. Especially with x rays.

Wasn't the whole reason he wasn't in the game was so they wouldn't have to work with how moves would affect a 4 legged character. Especially with x rays.
That's what I heard as well. Also, not to be a debbie downer here, but wouldn't he have showed up in all the data mining if he were playable? Secrets are harder to hide than they used to be, especially something like a character.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Motaro is and will always be the biggest pushover. He is not in the game at all, they probably just have his model for the story mode. Thats gotta be it.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I think there is more to the game honestly tony, i dont think motaro would be an npc u can just hack the game and use, he is an npc that requires a code and a special stage and maybe character to use in order to play as him for 1 match, so i dnt think hacking the game would do u any justice. Just look at umk3 and how even in 2012 a guy was making videos showing off newly discovered never before seen footage of secrets within the game years after the games release, i find it hard to believe we truely fleshed out everything in this game just in the course of 2 to 3 yrs...something tells me theres a little left. Its just the mk way.
Regardless of the in-game conditions to unlock a secret feature in a videogame, when it's source code is hacked everything and anything in it is for the hacker to see.

At the very least the character model would have surfaced by now, if there were any.

This is just NRS busting our balls since the 90's.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Regardless of the in-game conditions to unlock a secret feature in a videogame, when it's source code is hacked everything and anything in it is for the hacker to see.

At the very least the character model would have surfaced by now, if there were any.

This is just NRS busting our balls since the 90's.
Yes, but ill throw a very lowball estimate and say there are probably 750,000 lines of code in this game, no one person has gone through it all. Not to mention the effect of the Motaro Transformation code could be something as small as a single "if then" clause, or something completely imbedded beyond what any human would be able to recognize.

If ctrl+f in the games source code was viable, we would not have had to farm for toasty boosts, and would probably have a much better grasp on when and why forden pops up.

Devs are tricky, Halo 2 whos your daddy skull, halo 3s iwhbyd skull were both incredibly hard to find, and 10 years.after ssb was released they figured out how to play as master hand.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Yes, but ill throw a very lowball estimate and say there are probably 750,000 lines of code in this game, no one person has gone through it all. Not to mention the effect of the Motaro Transformation code could be something as small as a single "if then" clause, or something completely imbedded beyond what any human would be able to recognize.

If ctrl+f in the games source code was viable, we would not have had to farm for toasty boosts, and would probably have a much better grasp on when and why forden pops up.

Devs are tricky, Halo 2 whos your daddy skull, halo 3s iwhbyd skull were both incredibly hard to find, and 10 years.after ssb was released they figured out how to play as master hand.
I'm well aware of that. That's why I mentioned the character model, it's easier to spot that. Proof is the skins, base characters, and NPCs were hacked away very early after the game's release.