What's new

Mysterious Kombat League Delayed a Week

So you know that icon for something called "The Kombat League" that pops up whenever you go to play MK11 online? The countdown timer had us set to find out what that was today, but it appears to have been reset to go live "In 7 Days".

^There's a screenshot. The reason for the delay and what the Kombat League even is about is up in the air, NRS hasn't said a word about it (beyond a brief acknowledgement on the last Kombat Kast). Some speculation on a stream Mustard was doing is the delay might be so this happens when Shang Tsung releases. But who knows? We certainly won't for another week. But once we get word, you can be sure we'll let y'all know what's up.

Comments

By the way , this entire fecal-fest could have been avoided if NRS didn't put a release date on the kombat league. I would have been fine with it if they just said it was coming. But no.

Hmmmm. Bad reading skills cheif. I said content be accessible in its stated time frame not just what was advertised.

By the way technically this shit was advertised. The second I launched the game for the first time and accessed the online menu AT THE VERY TOP of the menu there was this big box. BIGGER THAN ALL THE OTHERS (kinda like they really wanted me to see it.......... almost like an.... Advertisement?

Yea and it had a countdown too!

And that countdown has now been reset twice. LMAO
A game mode is also a type of content, because it's something you can do in the game. And no, it wasn't advertised because it wasn't BEFORE the game was released. If you got to see a message for it just from the moment you launch the game, which could've been any second after the game was released, and you had no idea you will see it until you booted the game for the first time, that doesn't count as an advertisement. And yes they announced it ONCE the game was released, but on the same token they could've not add it all, it's just something that the decide to add post-launch. So it was advertised technically, but only in a very specific way and not like the rest of the modes and content we knew we will get at launch, or even as the KP1 content we knew we will get like the characters and all. I mean we don't even know what it truly is, unlike the KP1 that we didn't know what characters we will get but we knew we will get characters plus more kustom items.

Imagine having the corporate boot this far down your throat. Pathetic.

It’s a part of their product, that’s fact. They let the countdown run down to 0 multiple times and then just reset it, without letting fans know what is going on at all. That is called lying, with a false release date put on a feature in their game that they just don’t acknowledge or adhere to and reset it whenever it reaches 0.

It’s okay, keep licking NRS soles and I’m sure they’ll give you the KP2 for free. Kek.
LOL do you even know what "lying" means? If they never said anything before the showed for the first time only after the game was released, that's not lying.

I also don't need to get KP2 for free, which is more then I can say about how you freely submit to the bandwagons of TYM just so you can be "one of the guys". NRS would actually earn my money, but the "guys" here haven't and won't rightfully earn anything.

Sad you view what is a core feature in any game today as a "bonus". Oh ranked systems that aren't archaic and actually rewarding, eh, that's a nice "bonus". Stockholm syndrome hard at work here.
You clearly don't know what "core feature" means. Just because it is something you really want to have or can add a lot to the game, that doesn't make it "core". It was something that was supposed to be added on a later date, it was never an actual part of the launching product, so it's not "core". It's not like DLC characters which would make more sense to be considered a core part of the game. And FTR, we don't know for sure what this mode will actually be. On top of that, IJ2's Legendary Gear was also something that was added post-launch, and it was supposed to be the most important type of Gear in the whole game to get, the one type of Gear that is above all. Are you gonna say it's not core too? Or are you gonna say it isn't just because it's something YOU in particular don't care about? I'm sorry but that's dumb.

All of you don't even know the meaning of basic words, and you want me to take you seriously, let alone NRS? I really don't know what to say to you anymore.

I'm out of this "discussion" LOL.

Last edited:
So i'm curious as to whether this is supposed to completely replace the current ranked mode, or if it's something extra.

Depending on how plays out, i'd probably prefer that it replaces Ranked so the player base isn't even more split between two ranked modes, KOTH, Kasuals etc.

A little more info couldn't hurt at this stage though.

And I agree they screwed themselves over with the countdown. Koming Soon would've worked better as there's no expectation, but you know something is going to happen at some stage.

Got a hunch it’s delayed for a good reason. Am I the only one content with waiting a bit? The game itself is so enjoyable that I don’t find it to be as big of a deal as everyone’s making it out to be. Chillll
+1 to that.

The game has a shit tonne of stuff available to play, yet apparently it's not enough. Sure it wasn't available on release or even much info about it, but we know it's coming. If you don't like everything else, well go play Destiny or Minecraft or whatever and then come back in 30/14/7/3 days once it's unveiled.

This isn't a SFV debacle with 75% of the game missing at launch. As above, chillll.

I knew shit like this was gonna happen when those "stories" came out. Y'all wanted their employees to have better work conditions, now u will have to wait longer for EVERYTHING! You're welcome.....muthafuckas.....
I really don't get why people think that. There's really no reason to believe NRS changed their work conditions at all just because an article came out and fans rumbled for three days. They took off overtime for a week and siad they'll start a focus group to see what people want and that's the last we've heard of it.
It is a good excuse, sure, but I'm really not buying the idea of these sort of fuckups happening due to NRS not working their employees to death.

Anyway, I didn't even see that timer before so I don't care as much. Seven days it is.

Yes it is a bonus, because they never actually announced it before launch. So they could've not add that mode at all as well. None of us knew about ituntil we got the game.

LMAO 65%? Did you ever play SFV, Tekken 7, SC6 or MVCI at launch? NRS/WB gave as a fully fledged game with a full story mode, 3 Arcade modes, 2 Survivor modes, 24 character roster with one need to be unlocked, a full customization mode with tones of options, and so much more. No other fighting game company gives so much content in their games, let alone every 2 years. Also, several top players like REO already said that MK11 is actually super balanced and we can clearly see it in the very few Top 8's we had so far. And the only mode that had issues with was the TOT's and only because of the difficulty, and they fixed in less then 2 days, while it took Capcom 2 years to fix their Survival mode in SFV along with all of the incomplete shit in SFV. And MVCI is still an incomplete game to the point that their DLC lineup ended up being a mess. And we shouldn't had that mode at launch, even if there was no delay, we wouldn't get it at launch anyway, It would've probably taken at least a month regardless. Tekken 7 had it's players to wait like 3-5 months between each DLC character, MK11 is not even 2 months old and we are about to get Shang Tsung next week, after we used to get a DLC character almost every month in MKX and IJ2, or even several at once.

All I'm doing is stating the facts. You guys just stroking each other's ego, because you are so afraid that someone will blow you up, because the "cool" guys here just wanna have fun at the expense of NRS, and if you don't go their way, they will blow you up too. Because the competitive NRS community, just like others said here, has become a lot more entitlement over the years, and it's a well known fact.

Oh we can't enter an online mode that we don't 110% know for sure what is it gonna be like that they never talked about before the launch of the game? You have already all the online modes you need that we had for years now and we were fine with them so far, while some games like SC6 give like less then 50% of of them.

That is entitlement.

That's what you don't wanna hear, but that is the truth, and you know it.

Yeah leave Tekken 7 out of this. The competitive balance in Tekken 7 was much better at launch then MK11.

In MK11 there is a huge difference in power between the high and low tier characters that's just fact. Just because this is the best balanced NRS game so far it doesn't mean the balance is anywhere close to where it should be for a competitive game.

It's not about being impatient or letting them work and deliever things when they're ready. It's about communication and how they handled it. It's just completetly unprofesional. Every day the counter went down until 1 day, When time has come they have set it to 7 days and haven't said a word. It's not like they found out they won't be ready at time until last moment. Imagine some people like me adjusted their plans to play this new anticipated mode and found out there is nothing. They could tweet like a day before it will be delayed and they need some time. Even that would be better than telling us nothing and just delaying it at te last moment.

Their communication about this mode is just ridiculously bad. When you click online it's the first thing you see. Kombat League and how many days are left. It's the main and biggest information there. From design you could say it's the main online mode they expect you to play. Yet they literally said a single sentence about this mode that they will eventually tell us about it in a future.

MK11 as a package is amazing. Honestly, no one should complain about content for this game or quality, it's made with passion and it show. But, they did messed up a little with this "thing". It's a tease to the point that people just don't care about all the other modes, and it's normal. If i see something every day, it's ok, i know it's there, but if i see near that thing another thing saying "coming soon!!", i want to know what it is as soon as possible. So, TLDR if something ain't ready, why do you even talk about it in the final product.

Whatever it is, it sounds like they're still trying to work some stuff out with it. I'm fine having it delayed until they think it's ready to go, I just wish they could be a little more forthcoming with the information. Maybe it's a way to form a custom league with a group of people, kind of like an extended KOTH. People sign up for the league, and it creates a schedule and helps track results. That'd be fun.

Whatever it is, it sounds like they're still trying to work some stuff out with it. I'm fine having it delayed until they think it's ready to go, I just wish they could be a little more forthcoming with the information. Maybe it's a way to form a custom league with a group of people, kind of like an extended KOTH. People sign up for the league, and it creates a schedule and helps track results. That'd be fun.
I’m not fan of KOTH unless you have a group of friends online . Waiting to fight while nobody is talking is very boring

It’s seriously crazy that if they had just had it set to “coming soon” instead of a countdown, there would hardly be any backlash. In fact I don’t think there would be much at all. Whoever is in charge of marketing and promotion definitely needs to do a better job.

I think very few people are upset about the delay, as much as they're upset about NRS's lack of communication. Hell, NRS is even confusing other gaming companies, as we saw when Gamespot or whoever had to cancel their scheduled stream. And I wouldn't even say "upset" is the right word. You know, like when you do something wrong, and your dad is like, "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed"? Yeah, I think that's how people feel about NRS right now. They're really just dropping the ball left and right.

24 character roster with one need to be unlocked
23 characters and one to be unlocked. The 25th character is a DLC, so he's not part of the base roster.

---

Anyways I don't know if it's a good idea to start the Kombat League with the 1.05 patch and its awful netcode. They just added 7 seven days to the countdown and Shang is released in 7 days. They're waiting for the netcode that is "running normally" to be fixed with the 1.06 patch.

23 characters and one to be unlocked. The 25th character is a DLC, so he's not part of the base roster.

---

Anyways I don't know if it's a good idea to start the Kombat League with the 1.05 patch and its awful netcode. They just added 7 seven days to the countdown and Shang is released in 7 days. They're waiting for the netcode that is "running normally" to be fixed with the 1.06 patch.
Yep, there is definitely a problem with the netcode since the last patch and they can't really start off a new ranked mode when most matches are not stable. Even 1v1s have lag problems, I think we've had a few hickups in our matches and even with my friend who lives relatively close to me we also had lag spikes during our games.

@Roy Arkon, you said you're out of this discussion, so you had best not make one more response to it. It's like "entitlement" is your new found word. You're throwing it around every second you get in here.

Enough of this shit already.
If I'm making one more response in a positive note right after I'm making the other one, that doesn't contradict my statement with not talking to those specific people (and yeah, it doesn't have to be the whole thread, mind you), nor disallowing me to talk to other people if I feel like it. I think you clearly should know that. And I'm not throwing the "entitlement" term here for nothing, it has actually been used by other people on this site as well, and rightfully so.

That's what I meant. A 24 character roster that one of them needs to be unlocked (Frost), not 24 plus 1 more (Shao Kahn). Also I had actually no problems with the netcode, I had a session last night only while there was lag, it was only when it was Wi-Fi (and even then it wasn't all the time) and it wasn't in anyway more problematic then other sessions I had in the past. I think it clearly shows there is no actual problem with the netcode itself, as even other people said they had no issue.

Yeah leave Tekken 7 out of this. The competitive balance in Tekken 7 was much better at launch then MK11.

In MK11 there is a huge difference in power between the high and low tier characters that's just fact. Just because this is the best balanced NRS game so far it doesn't mean the balance is anywhere close to where it should be for a competitive game.
I was mentioning Tekken 7 only in regards to the DLC practices, not the balance. Just because I'm mentioning it along with MK11's balance in the same paragraph that doesn't mean I'm I'm actually comparing MK11's balance to T7's balance. And your "fact" is actually false, the balance is indeed what it should be for a competitive game, and the the low tier characters are what? Only 2-4 characters that aren't even fully universally agreed on by the players (as for example, Honey Bee said recently that D'Vorah is actually not bad, and REO also said how good she is and also have put her alongside a bunch of char's in his tier list). That's your fact dude. Also, learn to read.

That's what I thought too.

Last edited:
Yep, there is definitely a problem with the netcode since the last patch and they can't really start off a new ranked mode when most matches are not stable. Even 1v1s have lag problems, I think we've had a few hickups in our matches and even with my friend who lives relatively close to me we also had lag spikes during our games.
Same, lag spikes everywhere both in ranked and private with friends. Unplayble.