What's new

Mysterious Kombat League Delayed a Week

So you know that icon for something called "The Kombat League" that pops up whenever you go to play MK11 online? The countdown timer had us set to find out what that was today, but it appears to have been reset to go live "In 7 Days".

^There's a screenshot. The reason for the delay and what the Kombat League even is about is up in the air, NRS hasn't said a word about it (beyond a brief acknowledgement on the last Kombat Kast). Some speculation on a stream Mustard was doing is the delay might be so this happens when Shang Tsung releases. But who knows? We certainly won't for another week. But once we get word, you can be sure we'll let y'all know what's up.

Comments

So you know that icon for something called "The Kombat League" that pops up whenever you go to play MK11 online? The countdown timer had us set to find out what that was today, but it appears to have been reset to go live "In 7 Days".

View attachment 14964

^There's a screenshot. The reason for the delay and what the Kombat League even is about is up in the air, NRS hasn't said a word about it (beyond a brief acknowledgement on the last Kombat Kast). Some speculation on a stream Mustard was doing is the delay might be so this happens when Shang Tsung releases. But who knows? We certainly won't for another week. But once we get word, you can be sure we'll let y'all know what's up.
I was kinda thinking the same too about NRS pushing it another week. They want to prep for the next DLC with what seems to be a big patch. Lets make character & online changes cuz clearly they know damn well their online is not running at its best than it was before.

My confusion isn't even to the delays, I get that. Especially for what's supposed to be a big marketing tool like this. I'm just wondering why they can't even be like "yeah, so this is what it's about"
Their communication and marketing has sucked ass throughout this whole rollout of the game. They just need to change THAT part of this game's cycle or simply get rid of ppl who CLEARLY aren't doing their job.

B*tch, please... I had a hard day and I was anticipating to finally find out what the hell Kombat League is. I hopped on TYM to check out the details before I jump in and play it, now I don't even feel like playing MK11 tonight.

It's the second time Kombat League is delayed and without a single word on the official twitter feeds and that's what is not okay. I doubt they didn't know yesterday that they can't launch KL today but they still went with the same old silence tactics. We're here for you, the fans. Yes, whenever it suits them they are.

My confusion isn't even to the delays, I get that. Especially for what's supposed to be a big marketing tool like this. I'm just wondering why they can't even be like "yeah, so this is what it's about"
I think you answered your own question. I mean, they most likely didn't say anything about it beyond the Kombat Kast because it is a big deal.

And regarding the delays, it's not like they announced it before MK11's launch or anything, so why be so upset about something that they added to the game only at the launch of MK11?

Their communication and marketing has sucked ass throughout this whole rollout of the game. They just need to change THAT part of this game's cycle or simply get rid of ppl who CLEARLY aren't doing their job.
Oh you mean how they quickly responded to pretty much every feedback they got so far? Yeah that is an amazing communication, the best communication in all of the fighting game genre. You clearly don't know what communication OR marketing are. Just saying.

Anyone else starting to think that there is actually no Kombat League and the only reason that they put that tab on the menu was to get people fighting over what Kombat League might be?

Oh F off. This was the only thing I was looking forward to today. Hope nobody buyies your stupid DLC. Idiots.

I dont have a problem with the delay if it means we get whatever it is in a functioning and polished way. But without giving us at least some edge informations on what we are waiting i lost all interest and hype for it, at least for now.

And its probably just the leaked rank thing so there is no rush.

If I had to guess, it's just basically going to be a form of ranked with maybe "scheduled" matches to advance through. Say Player A has to fight Player B no later than end of week June 15th or challenged player forfeits. Prizes include exclusive skins, gear, and of course currency. Maybe top tier prizes include full sponsorship to offline tourney? That would be cool.

Which is worse. dead silence which makes u meme status
Or
Admitting to your mistakes and explaining why its delayed, which makes u meme status?
I can tell you what's the worst. Being entitled to the point even something that was given to you as a bonus makes you write bombastic shit on the internet just to get your ego stroked from people like you. And here is a hint: It's not just you, dude.