What's new

Tech My version of Grundy's inescapable WC reset

It is escapable. If you do MB GR after the MB Swamp Hands you can still combo - that means that MB GR doesn't reset the damage counter and you are getting reset of WC because the MB Swamp Hands stun expires, therefore it is escapable by diagonal jumps and backdashes.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
It is escapable. If you do MB GR after the MB Swamp Hands you can still combo - that means that MB GR doesn't reset the damage counter and you are getting reset of WC because the MB Swamp Hands stun expires, therefore it is escapable by diagonal jumps and backdashes.
did you test this? Its hard to test solo and I was thinking the same thing

yeah i just tested, its pretty dirty if grundy got any mid screen damage from that set up he would be the new cyrax. in the corner its GG.
Grundy actually has 105% midscreen reset with his Trait Grab and Power boost up for 4 bars, made a thread long time ago but it was moved to combo thread:

It does 92% without the Power boost:

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Yea I don't understand how its escapable cuz of how @Mikemetroid brought up that it can be combo'd so theres a hole there. regardless, you have like maybe a frame or two to backdash, and mashing that out isn't always going to work

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yea I don't understand how its escapable cuz of how @Mikemetroid brought up that it can be combo'd so theres a hole there. regardless, you have like maybe a frame or two to backdash, and mashing that out isn't always going to work
I guess they mean that as soon as the swamp hands is done(aka when the combo count stops), they have the ability to dash. I always thought there was still some recovery frames there that allowed the grab to hit

did you test this? Its hard to test solo and I was thinking the same thing
It is very easy to test - set your dummy at jumping backwards ( in the corner so he doesn't jump away from you:) ). Do MB Swamp Hands, MB GR , Walking Corpse - and you will see for yourself.
Edit: and then do MB swamp hands, whiff d1 , WC. - normals and WCcancels DO reset the damage counter and lead to inescapable resets
It either combos or can be escaped. Can not be made inescapable if the damage counter resets. MB GR doesn't reset the damage counter - that is the point. Doing normals or a WCC DOES reset the counter however leading to inescapable resets.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
It is very easy to test - set your dummy at jumping backwards ( in the corner so he doesn't jump away from you:) ). Do MB Swamp Hands, MB GR , Walking Corpse - and you will see for yourself.
Edit: and then do MB swamp hands, whiff d1 , WC. - normals and WCcancels DO reset the damage counter and lead to inescapable resets

It either combos or can be escaped. Can not be made inescapable if the damage counter resets. MB GR doesn't reset the damage counter - that is the point. Doing normals or a WCC DOES reset the counter however leading to inescapable resets.
this , i was thinkin the same about the grave rot instead of a normal but its just another gimmick unfortunately , nice try though josh
i still use grave rot but like this MB swamp hands dash MB grave rot ,trait , this is great for when they want to clash

This kind of thing is really easy to test. In my experience sometimes just setting the dummy to jump doesn't always work because it doesn't seem like the dummy is set to hold up for constant jumping, only to jump after a few frames. Imo it's better to record the dummy to do whatever setup you want to test, then set it to replay and see what you yourself can do to get out of it.

I recorded the dummy to do this setup a bunch of different times and no matter how tight I got it, I could always just jump out of it. So, I agree with people above, it doesn't seem like meterburn grave rot resets the combo counter like a whiffed normal does. By the way, I tested whiffing a down 1 instead of grave rot and then doing the grab just to make sure, and I couldn't do anything to escape.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
This kind of thing is really easy to test. In my experience sometimes just setting the dummy to jump doesn't always work because it doesn't seem like the dummy is set to hold up for constant jumping, only to jump after a few frames. Imo it's better to record the dummy to do whatever setup you want to test, then set it to replay and see what you yourself can do to get out of it.

I recorded the dummy to do this setup a bunch of different times and no matter how tight I got it, I could always just jump out of it. So, I agree with people above, it doesn't seem like meterburn grave rot resets the combo counter like a whiffed normal does. By the way, I tested whiffing a down 1 instead of grave rot and then doing the grab just to make sure, and I couldn't do anything to escape.
I did the same thing too last night and this morning. I went into practice mode and controlled player 2 and recorded Grundy doing this. After about 30 tries, I got it to be inescapable. It's EXTREMELY strict timing to get the MBGR and MBWC after MBSH. I still don't have that timing down, but it is possible. When I got it, I held up, held up and back at the same time, timed the backdash and also mashed the backdash and I couldn't get out of it. So it is possible to make this inescapable, you just have to be on point with the timing, which I'm not yet. If you keep fooling around with this, you should get it to be inescapable at least once

Last edited:

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled

Ultra David plays Grundy?!?!?!

Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Whats a good setup to get grundy to actually hit with his j2? Thats where the moneys at. Otherwise when the hell is this ever gonna work? Dat damage though....god damn