What's new

My Top 5 Favorite Characters in Anime.... Currently

Error

DF2+R2
Gaara when he was batshit insane (Naruto)
Broly (DBZ)
Evil Bakura (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Saga Gemini (Saint Seiya)
and I guess Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter) or Ulquiorra Cifer (Bleach)

Kzaoo

Noob
The only thing he has is gates. Without that he's not that good. Plus it took him 6 gates to beat a kisame clone.
But he almost killed Madara.

Plus, he beat Kisame the second time around, anyway. With the 8 gates, he nearly killed Madara. That isn't a small feat since Madara was stomping everybody, including Bijuu mode Naruto and EMS Sauce.

Error

DF2+R2

Plus, he beat Kisame the second time around, anyway. With the 8 gates, he nearly killed Madara. That isn't a small feat since Madara was stomping everybody, including Bijuu mode Naruto and EMS Sauce.
The Manga has been so bad lately, but I can't stop reading it now.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Gaara when he was batshit insane (Naruto)
Broly (DBZ)
Evil Bakura (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Saga Gemini (Saint Seiya)
and I guess Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter) or Ulquiorra Cifer (Bleach)
+1 for Hisoka and Ulquiorra. Can't believe no-one mentioned these 2! Ulquiorra vs Ichigo was one of the most epic fights I've ever watched!
I really like Shikamaru and Itachi from Naruto, Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho and Akame from Akame Ga Kill. I might throw Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul in there as well and definitely Mikasa from Shingeki no Kyojin.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8

The only way he could beat madara was by killing himself. Kisame wasn't full powered and didnt have samehada. He was quite weakened actually. Guy only has gates. I don't consider a character that good if they can only win with gates.

MLDoom

All these prices and I'm still free
+1 for Hisoka and Ulquiorra. Can't believe no-one mentioned these 2! Ulquiorra vs Ichigo was one of the most epic fights I've ever watched!
I really like Shikamaru and Itachi from Naruto, Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho and Akame from Akame Ga Kill. I might throw Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul in there as well and definitely Mikasa from Shingeki no Kyojin.

I mentioned Hisoka, and I'm upset I forgot about Ulquiorra as well.

Kzaoo

Noob
The only way he could beat madara was by killing himself. Kisame wasn't full powered and didnt have samehada. He was quite weakened actually. Guy only has gates. I don't consider a character that good if they can only win with gates.
Gates is a jutsu, a tool to use. That's like not factoring in the sharingan or not counting Goku's Super Saiyan forms; it's asinine. The gates are a part of Gai's arsenal. Yes, they weaken him, but that's just something else to take into account. Even Kakashi acknowledges that Gai is stronger than him (Before Kakashi susanoo of course).

Plus, Gai's knowledge over Taijutsu is second to none. His knowledge is ridiculous. He's one of the strongest in Konoha. How is Gai not good? Even characters like Asuma and pre-sage Kabuto are good. They're much better than the average ninja.

MLDoom

All these prices and I'm still free
Since no one mentioned him so far and I forgot to mention him in my original post, I have to say Kenpachi from bleach is among my top favorites.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Since no one mentioned him so far and I forgot to mention him in my original post, I have to say Kenpachi from bleach is among my top favorites.
So proud of my dp right now lmao. Kenpachi and Byakuya as well. Badass bankai! I really wanted to see Shunsui and Jushiro's bankais :(

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Gates is a jutsu, a tool to use. That's like not factoring in the sharingan or not counting Goku's Super Saiyan forms; it's asinine. The gates are a part of Gai's arsenal. Yes, they weaken him, but that's just something else to take into account. Even Kakashi acknowledges that Gai is stronger than him (Before Kakashi susanoo of course).

Plus, Gai's knowledge over Taijutsu is second to none. His knowledge is ridiculous. He's one of the strongest in Konoha. How is Gai not good? Even characters like Asuma and pre-sage Kabuto are good. They're much better than the average ninja.
Goku was a strong warrior before super sayian even came about. In his childhood days he was already mastering moves like the kamehameha. Kakashi was a jounin at a really young age. without the sharingan and was a really skilled ninja. Might guy was a failure as a kid and hasn't been shown to win a fight with anyone without having to enter gates. Gates is the only thing that keeps him relevant anymore. Even though naruto has the nine tails he doesnt solely rely on that but instead has been training hard and can beat a majority of the leaf village without nine tails. How can guy be considered one of the strongest ninjas when it took him 6 gates to beat a kisame clone which was only 30 percent of his power.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
1. Izaya (DRR)
2. Dio (Are you fucking kidding me?)
3. Takamura (Ippo)
4. Senjougahara (Monogatari)
5. Spike Spiegel/Faye (I can't really pick but can you really have a top 5 list without these two?)

Also Naruto is literally the lowest tier shounen but Garra before shippuden was way too godlike to not list.

Last edited:

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
NPO:

Celty (Durarara!!!)
Shinobu and Senjogahara (Monogatari Series)
N (Death Note)
Pain (Naruto)

Just a few. Would list someone from Baccano!!, but it's been a while since I last saw it.
N is fraudulent.

How could you pick N over L

N was a rip off L but much more annoying

Kzaoo

Noob
Goku was a strong warrior before super sayian even came about. In his childhood days he was already mastering moves like the kamehameha. Kakashi was a jounin at a really young age. without the sharingan and was a really skilled ninja. Might guy was a failure as a kid and hasn't been shown to win a fight with anyone without having to enter gates. Gates is the only thing that keeps him relevant anymore. Even though naruto has the nine tails he doesnt solely rely on that but instead has been training hard and can beat a majority of the leaf village without nine tails. How can guy be considered one of the strongest ninjas when it took him 6 gates to beat a kisame clone which was only 30 percent of his power.
Yes, Kakashi was stringer at a younger age, but that's irrelevant at this point because they're not kids anymore.

It doesn't matter if Gai needs the gates to stay relevant. By that logic, you could argue that Sasuke (Before Indra chakra) needed the sharingan to stay relevant. That's stupid because it's a part of his arsenal, so it's his to use.

Gai has access to his gates, therefore he is relevant. He also has a strong base; he trains more than Naruto... Maybe Gai was held back by his team fighting Kisame the first time. Maybe he just needed to go six gates so he could use Morning Peacock. Look underneath the underneath and all that jazz.

but i'm going to sleep now, so... cya

*sees thread filled with dbz/yu yu/aot*

and now for something different

5. Asuka Langley Soryu (NGE)

4. Sayaka Miki (PMMM)

3. Nonon Jakuzure (Kill la Kill)

2. Dio Brando

1. Makise Kurisu (Steins;Gate)