What's new

My Tier List So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Why is Kollector Irrelevant? This is the first I've seen him that low, although I don't follow these rankings too closely.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Why is Kollector Irrelevant? This is the first I've seen him that low, although I don't follow these rankings too closely.
Kollector's problem is that he literally has nothing going for him against the other grapplers and his long normals don't mean much in a game with zoners this strong. I literally can't come up with a reason why you would play him beyond liking him aesthetically.

Chernyy Volk

Not bad at all. Only changes I’d make would probably be moving Jacqui left one or two spots, moving Skarlet to A, moving Frost to bottom tier, and probably moving Baraka and Cetrion further left just based on tourney results.
Jacqui is a bit of a bill IMO. People are overrating her. Unless she gets mega buffed in the future, I think her viability will drop off as people become desensitized to her.

Skarlet is definitely not an A tier character. Loaded with launchable gaps, she becomes mad whiff punishable once you know what ranges to stand at and her zoning is only okay really.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Kollector's problem is that he literally has nothing going for him against the other grapplers and his long normals don't mean much in a game with zoners this strong. I literally can't come up with a reason why you would play him beyond liking him aesthetically.
Cool. I thought he got decent damage that could keep the opponent grounded, which is nice since he doesn't need to worry about breakaway as much, but again I don't know much about the rest of his tool kit.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Not bad at all. Only changes I’d make would probably be moving Jacqui left one or two spots, moving Skarlet to A, moving Frost to bottom tier, and probably moving Baraka and Cetrion further left just based on tourney results.
there is no way frost is bottom tier.I have won SO many ranked matches with her! :p

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
basing in your tier list vision here, I think Jacqui and Liu are way better, probably S+ material, and Raiden is A minimum (probably can be S) .... anyway, it's too soon for any ultra precise tier list .... let's wait for combo breaker and after evo to have more match up knowledge, hehe :p

Chernyy Volk

Cool. I thought he got decent damage that could keep the opponent grounded, which is nice since he doesn't need to worry about breakaway as much, but again I don't know much about the rest of his tool kit.
When I had the game day negative 7 he did SHIT TONS of unbreakable damage and he got hit with the nerf hammer hard on the day one hotfix. He dropped from 35% one bar fully grounded to 26.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
basing in your tier list vision here, I think Jacqui and Liu are way better, probably S+ material, and Raiden is A minimum (probably can be S) .... anyway, it's too soon for any ultra precise tier list .... let's wait for combo breaker and after evo to have more match up knowledge, hehe :p
I Hope every khar will be played. so that we can get ACTUAL data!

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Jacqui is a bit of a bill IMO. People are overrating her. Unless she gets mega buffed in the future, I think her viability will drop off as people become desensitized to her.

Skarlet is definitely not an A tier character. Loaded with launchable gaps, she becomes mad whiff punishable once you know what ranges to stand at and her zoning is only okay really.
She can parry at the end of most of those strings, and if a character has a slower u2 on flawless block, that stops that right there. If they have a fast one, most of the time they have to be frame perfect, but that doesn’t stop her from staggering or safely special cancelling.

Chernyy Volk

Nah, I think Liu beats MY character but that's because Scorpion lacks a fast mid with threat behind it. When he's trying to pressure the 8-11f mid characters like Lao, Jacqui, Cassie etc it's rough for him.

Chernyy Volk

She can parry at the end of most of those strings, and if a character has a slower u2 on flawless block, that stops that right there. If they have a fast one, most of the time they have to be frame perfect, but that doesn’t stop her from staggering or safely special cancelling.
The parry is bad risk/reward and is the worst in the game. Side switches (might be bad), if the opponent reads it you eat 35% off a one bar jump kick conversion.

Wrath0594

there is no way frost is bottom tier.I have won SO many ranked matches with her! :p
I’ve won all my games with her too. Doesn’t make her good. Did any of your ranked opponents flawless block the 2nd hit of b22? Did they actually get hit by her overheads? Think about the players you’re taking wins from, and weigh Frosts best tools objectively to see what I mean.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Nah, I think Liu beats MY character but that's because Scorpion lacks a fast mid with threat behind it. When he's trying to pressure the 8-11f mid characters like Lao, Jacqui, Cassie etc it's rough for him.
say that to NinjaKilla .... he can make even a top Geras gameplay be his bitch , cause when you are an expert in read your opponent , the frame data gap is overcomed by playing brainy smart , hehehe :p

Chernyy Volk

say that to NinjaKilla .... he can make even a top Geras gameplay be his bitch , cause when you are an expert in read your opponent , the frame data gap is overcomed by playing brainy smart , hehehe :p
Liu Kang is a walking block infinite that constantly forces you into a 25/25/25/25. Pretty easy to beat people with that on deck against anyone who isn't at the absolute top skill wise.

Wrath0594

The parry is bad risk/reward and is the worst in the game. Side switches (might be bad), if the opponent reads it you eat 35% off a one bar jump kick conversion.
I disagree, the amp steals a fuckload of health, and she can hold it if she wants. The main thing is the threat of the parry transforms flawless blocking from a raw counter into a 2 way mind game.

Wrath0594

Liu Kang is a walking block infinite that constantly forces you into a 25/25/25/25. Pretty easy to beat people with that on deck against anyone who isn't at the absolute top skill wise.
Not really, every option he has from his f4 series is unsafe and has a counter. His pressure is similar to Stunt Double Johnny from MKX. Lots of conditioning tools, but every one has counterplay.

Chernyy Volk

I disagree, the amp steals a fuckload of health, and she can hold it if she wants. The main thing is the threat of the parry transforms flawless blocking from a raw counter into a 2 way mind game.
If people play the Skarlet MU correctly they're mostly going to be forcing you to play footsies so they can either make jump kick reads or whiff punish. The parry mind games aren't even relevant a good chunk of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.