What's new

My thoughts on this newest patch

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I feel with MK 11 and jumping attacks, it's hit or miss. Some characters have good arch JK's that are harder to AA while others just suck and even if you cross up some characters like Sub-Zero, Jade for instance their D2 stuffs out your cross up JK which is dumb imo. This was never the case in previous MK games, once you flipped over the person you could do a cross up JK but this game apparently you can stuff them out with a D2 even if they're on the other side of you. AA may not be as relevant as previous MK games but it's not non existent either. I've been AA a decent amount of times by Cage, Geras, LK, Cassie, Jacqui and Scorp players when going in for a JK or JIP starter.

-i agree with Chernyy.. Jump ins are not totally fixed but it still a good change.

-The jump in OS is dumb , hope its gonna be fix soon.

-I really hate Geras but Chernny is right the fun factor and high execution fun with him is gone now. Sandtrap is the issue and probably the best move in the game.
I wonder if NRS will ever patch/remove unbreakable combos. I mean I don't see the harm if they ditched them, most people already aren't fond of BA's to begin with they can at least make them bust out of any combo in the game. Geras still has that move which is easily one of the best moves in the game, so long as he has that he'll still be very much viable.

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
geras can still sandtrap after 212 and kill your FLB U2 just saying, so the gap does too little to nothing because he still stuffing you for reading his gap anyways.
Don‘t forget that his f212 is now -6 on Block so it‘s Not like You’re forced to take the risk between fb and Sandtrap, worst case is you‘re getting back your turn now.
you could also say that this a general problem because having the ability to special cancel the string before the gap isn‘t exclusive to geras, almost any character can do it.

I highly disagree. JKs are stupid strong in MK11. I can hardly avoid them. You have to D2 amazingly early most of the time (at least with my characters) to have a chance at AAing with D2. This also leaves room for a D2 whiff and strenuous punish from the JK landing. I miss MK9
How exactly are MKX jump kicks weaker though? You didn't even bother to argue that point.

However early you have to hit a D2 in MK11, in MKX it must be hit EARLIER because you don't have priority.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I highly disagree. JKs are stupid strong in MK11. I can hardly avoid them. You have to D2 amazingly early most of the time (at least with my characters) to have a chance at AAing with D2. This also leaves room for a D2 whiff and strenuous punish from the JK landing. I miss MK9 and pre-patch SFV standing AAs. Where jumping was bad and you got handled for it and if you didn’t get handled for it, your opponent didn’t know how to AA... Needless to say this game promotes a lot of scrub mechanics that even sometimes I abuse subconsciously because it’s just there to abuse... That says a lot...
Yeah but in MKX you wouldn't use a jump kick as much as you would just do a jump punch and jail into some obnoxious pressure if you didn't land a hit. Way scrubbier

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Don‘t forget that his f212 is now -6 on Block so it‘s Not like You’re forced to take the risk between fb and Sandtrap, worst case is you‘re getting back your turn now.
you could also say that this a general problem because having the ability to special cancel the string before the gap isn‘t exclusive to geras, almost any character can do it.
Yes they can, just pointing out that this setup works as a better version of Skarlet's parry who can mask her gaps with it but still inefective because she can't reversal anything equal to or inferior to 9f startup U2/U3s.

It still makes F212 super good, but he has to commit to it if he feels you can bait it. You can also just FLB and block low, if he sandtraps he is dead, but if he doesn't he becomes less minus.

But overall i like the game way more, it feels less toxic, ouside of some pokes having super whiffing recovery like JC's d1 and his long range D3, but overall the game is good.

Skarlet new U2 makes a huge difference in her gameplan, as you can bait d1 and FLB U2 some of them, forcing them to use lows and block lows more, it feels like to some extent everyone in the cast has been brought down to her level of fairness one way or another.

I'm not quite sure yet, but it seems they stealth buffed her jab, the hitbox feels more consistent in the knife area and anti-airs a lot more often, giving her a neat space control when you feel the rest of the screen with blood balls and blood shots, but converting it's kinda hard, but has said, i'm not sure maybe i just got better at the game.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
A ton. Have you played this game online?
Yes, so point me in the direction that they play at because all I see is the army that is General Scorpion leading the charge with Major Sub Zero and Lieutenant Kang.

Edit:
I'm not the only one that noticed this. An article written back in October stated pretty much what I stated above:

Last edited: