What's new

my thoughts on PDP. Meh.

F1sT

Noob
well, im sure you guys seen the whole thing. if not, let me break it down for you.

im just going to start from the point in which L.i. Joe played Perfect Legends This one semi finals winners match changed everything.

Now that justin wong won the whole thing. their is no point in arguing the point that he has one the biggest money prize that will ever be in mortal kombat 9. thats the end all to end all discussions. but, i just want to make my side note points.

so, the joe p.l. match. for p.l. after losing to joe twice. he should have changed to liu kang. now, i dont know if his controller was broken with a high block. but, it seemed odd that he was taking hits over and over again low. maybe he didnt realize that he thought he was blocking idk. but, it was just odd.

but, if that was not the case p.l. you should have went to liu kang in both matches vs joe and flow. just saying.

with that being said. where is jade? also, j wong got a luck draw to finals. as far as l.i. joe. wow. why would you give up on your ermac at the end. you had flow on the ropes and you let him out.

L.i. joe. i now realize. once you break him. he will give up. side note for tourney players.

p.l. cannot play from losers bracket. or so it seems.

i know im talking alot. but, damm. where are all the offline players. i cannot say mk was represented today correctly.

but, i can say jwong won 10k. no disputing that ever. if anything its good for mk tourney peeps.

mk for sure needs to grow offline. TONS..

Loot

the special effects
If something was indeed messed with the stick PL was using it was his responsibility to notify rather than carry out 5 matches. Him being salty over not being able to use his pad was laughable, as it was said numerous times the tourney would be used on PDP sticks only.

How does a fudged block auto-on mean you cant block low?

You press down. And while you have block on you cant attack right. So did he not attack in all the matches? No he attacked fine, he was just bettered. And then Floe played on his controller and won. Then Justin had to play on it and the block button was fudged and the match was rightly stopped.

Sorry, but Perfect Legend was just a bad salty loser. You think someone with a logical complaint in a 10k prize tournament he was favourite to win, wouldnt complain as soon as his controller messed up? Yeah right. He was just trying to save face, but came up with a terrible excuse.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Now that justin wong won the whole thing. their is no point in arguing the point that he has one the biggest money prize that will ever be in mortal kombat 9. thats the end all to end all discussions.
Says who? Why can't there ever be a higher prize pool than the one from PDP? It's entirely possible that there can be more prize money in the future. So no, it's not an end all to end all discussion.

i know im talking alot. but, damm. where are all the offline players. i cannot say mk was represented today correctly.

mk for sure needs to grow offline. TONS..
I'm sure if this tournament wasn't so close to EVO, if it wasn't restricted to just stick players, if it wasn't just restricted to a specific stick, if the stick wasn't an old school layout that isn't optimal for MK9, if the stick wasn't only available to a minority so that more players could have practiced on it... that there would have been way more entrants and a better turn out. You can't judge the MK community based on the PDP event. Wait until after EVO, then form your opinions.

MarkMan

SDTEKKEN.COM
There were times... In my matches (you can see in the archives). I did EX smoke teleport and EX teleport punch....

I NEVER USE THESE WHEN I PLAY.

So I was wondering why they came out. Yeah I was on 1P too.

There were times... In my matches (you can see in the archives). I did EX smoke teleport and EX teleport punch....

I NEVER USE THESE WHEN I PLAY.

So I was wondering why they came out. Yeah I was on 1P too.
That's how I like my asians...

Salty. :top:

Dark_Rob

Noob
L.i. joe. i now realize. once you break him. he will give up. side note for tourney player.
You are out of your mind to even say this my man, let alone think it. LI Joe has been hangin and bangin in tournaments for years and years. Hes been considered top at many games(including UMK3, so hes no stranger to high level MK) How is placing in the top 3 in a tournament of over 150 people considered breaking him?? That doesnt even make sense.
After dropping the first two games to Perfect legend any normal person would have had their heart taken. Instead Joe fought back, and won 3 in a row.
In his match with Justin Wong, Joe had already dropped two games and was about to lose the last one when Jwong's stick went out. JWong had almost full health and Joes was nearly depleted, it was over. Rather than make a stink about it, Joe did the classy thing and conceded the match. He fought his ass of against Floe and lost to the better man that day. No shame in that man, I really dont get where your coming from with that statement.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
the block button can be screwy at times when i use my xbox pdp sticks.. havent had much problems with the ps3 one, but i have used the xbox one 10 x's more so we'll see.

R.E.L.

Noob
Wow, your perceptions F1st are definitely not accurate from the truth.

First, let me say that I was knocked out from Winners in my bracket partly because I had a bad stick and I failed to report it within a sufficient time that may have saved me from losing, so I do know the frustrations of having a bad stick. That being said...

The string that LI Joe used IS blockable. The fact that Perfect Legend could not block def assisted in his defeat. It is unfortunate that it started working right after his match so there was nothing done. However, when it happened again and it was visibly messing up, it was too late to undo changes that were already in motion. Perfect Legend had been eliminated and that was that.

LI Joe is a GREAT sportsman. People who think he "gave up" are ignorant. He and Justin have been friends for quite awhile. It's easy for people who don't know to talk like they know people, but the matter of the fact is, you don't.

These are all GREAT players F1st, and I'll just assume they play the game better than you since you did not top 8. If you have time to judge other players and post your "assumptions", you should have time to practice, get better, and maybe you'll get to play against them in finals one day.

When I found out during the interview with, I think her name was Candace...? and she mentioned that PDP was originally Pelican, I was like =O *blank face* hmm that makes sense.

Pelican, man. Do you guys remember that Shadowblade stick from like 8 years ago? Yeah, they make things like that, and other types of devices that end up misfiring. Madcatz used to make some pretty awful peripherals too, but they managed to more than redeem themselves with the TE stick line.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
When I found out during the interview with, I think her name was Candace...? and she mentioned that PDP was originally Pelican, I was like =O *blank face* hmm that makes sense.

Pelican, man. Do you guys remember that Shadowblade stick from like 8 years ago? Yeah, they make things like that, and other types of devices that end up misfiring. Madcatz used to make some pretty awful peripherals too, but they managed to more than redeem themselves with the TE stick line.
Yeah, it's unfortunate to see MK represented by this company. I still find it hilarious that the damn thing went out in their sponsored tournament though! I mean, hell, if Madkatz can redeem themselves anyone can...

Awful, awful products. With the exception of the TE lines.

R.E.L.

Noob

Don't blame PDP. From what I've heard, NRS/WB told them they wanted to make their sticks the old-fashioned "American way". If you take that into account, the stick has some really cool concepts (opening up for storage, the memory foam for your lap, etc).

Have you seen their Tron pads? REALLY cool stuff.

Don't blame PDP. From what I've heard, NRS/WB told them they wanted to make their sticks the old-fashioned "American way". If you take that into account, the stick has some really cool concepts (opening up for storage, the memory foam for your lap, etc).

Have you seen their Tron pads? REALLY cool stuff.
Well, just the use of old-fashioned American, I'm assuming HAPPs parts is a risk in itself, it's prone to malfunction, but built like a tank. The concept of the PDP stick itself, I can't hate, man. The stick is a nostalgic work of art, the storage space, and the foam is all fairly ingenious. It's just my past experiences with Pelican hasn't been favorable.

I thought PDP was somebody different. Soon as she said PDP = Pelican I was just like "..." serious?

But yo, I got to applaud their effort, especially cause the PDP stick is pretty ergonomic and faithful to old school cabs. Old Pelican sticks/devices efforts were the complete opposite of that in my opinion. And, basically, if I wasn't in a situation of having to be pretty frugal, I'd have picked up one of my own on general purpose and support. It's just maybe some department or protocol in Pelican is requiring the products to use some kind of circuitry or process that makes their products fail and misfire.

And nah man I haven't seen the Tron pads. You got one? Show me next time.

Dark_Rob

Noob
This is true. You really cant blame PDP for the failure of the HAPP parts. In all honesty they should have gone with Industrias Lorenzo since:

A) They are of far better consistency and quality then the equivalent Suzo/Happ part.

and

B) In truth using I.L. would be more authentic, since the HAPP sticks in the MK arcade cabs from the "golden age of gaming" as they say were actually really just I.L. eurojoysticks that Happ would buy in kit form and then package as the "competition" stick. But whatever you want to name it, they were still made by I.L.