What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero My Sub Zero identity theory.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Also that was the first time Bi-Han fought scorpion with his hell fire abilities. Scorp had a big advantage
Kuai facing Scorpion in the arena was the first time as well though. They never fought or even met before.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Interesting theory gut I'm going to say it's Kuai Liang due to the fact that he had more knowledge of what Raiden did more then Bi-Han but I can see possibly being Bi-Han. Another theory out there is Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang's souls are merged into this new Sub-Zero(but I don't see this as plausible)

I will say however, I don't think Raiden is the enemy of the Elder Gods at all, if they felt he was that much of a threat they'd just rid him of his powers or kill him flat out like they did Shao Kahn. But interesting theory, lots of cool theories.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Interesting theory gut I'm going to say it's Kuai Liang due to the fact that he had more knowledge of what Raiden did more then Bi-Han but I can see possibly being Bi-Han. Another theory out there is Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang's souls are merged into this new Sub-Zero(but I don't see this as plausible)

I will say however, I don't think Raiden is the enemy of the Elder Gods at all, if they felt he was that much of a threat they'd just rid him of his powers or kill him flat out like they did Shao Kahn. But interesting theory, lots of cool theories.
Thank you friend!

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Because Kuai is the fucking man. In all seriousness though, are you saying that Scorpion's powers are increased when he's in the Netherrealm? Has this ever been stated? Just curious.
No I'm saying sub was at a disadvantage. Fighting in an unfamiliar place that doesn't seem helpful to his iceyness. But it's never been stated that subbys powers are affected by heat so idk.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
No I'm saying sub was at a disadvantage. Fighting in an unfamiliar place that doesn't seem helpful to his iceyness. But it's never been stated that subbys powers are affected by heat so idk.
That's not true. Bi-Han has been in the Netherrealm before. In Sub Zero Mythologies he did travel to the Netherrealm. Also in Deception's konquest mode Scorpion says his power grows stronger in hell while Quan-Chi's grows weaker

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Of course he did, if he didn't that'd be a bullshit example of PIS.

All of the shit Bi-Han was fucking up in Mythologies clearly showed how much of a badasss he was.

He beat four gods, including Fujin, he beat Quan Chi(he won the battle, but not the war), and Shinnok until he transformed.

His reaction in MK9 was pretty bullshit.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8

All of the shit Bi-Han was fucking up in Mythologies clearly showed how much of a badasss he was.

He beat four gods, including Fujin, he beat Quan Chi(he won the battle, but not the war), and Shinnok until he transformed.

He just sat there and let Scorp have that spinal cord. I personally hate scorpion. I love his move set and all but his story is too outdated and unoriginal. And the fact that he rejected the chance to save his family instilled the hatred into me. Also sub always gets bodied free by him which makes me even angrier. And he's the only one on the cover like the story is about him. But hopefully I'll begin to like him this time around.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster

Though I agree with his reaction being completely shocking and out of character I can see that even though he gave off this "Fuck emotions" attitude he still had some humanity in him. He doesn't look like one to kill a kid. He also had to be shocked out of his ass lol

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He just sat there and let Scorp have that spinal cord. I personally hate scorpion. I love his move set and all but his story is too outdated and unoriginal. And the fact that he rejected the chance to save his family instilled the hatred into me. Also sub always gets bodied free by him which makes me even angrier. And he's the only one on the cover like the story is about him. But hopefully I'll begin to like him this time around.

No but seriously, a big part of why I don't like him is the fact that his story is lame as shit.

The only time that premise ever worked IMO was God of War, and that's mostly because of other factors in the story making it not unbearable.

Scorpion only has one thing and they refuse to give him much more. They'll throw him a little bone but he seems to never get any big pieces of the action. I'm a firm believer that MK characters all have potential out the ass and just need a moment to shine. Hopefully he gets his this time around.

Sub-Zero though, based off of his intro dialogue is going to be all up in the mix this time around, and the way he talks to Raiden and the others not only denotes how much of an ice cold badass he is, but also shows that he's on the new Outworld Hierarchy's raider as well as the Earthrealm warriors'.

I'm hoping they treat him like "the guy", that trope of the legend that everyone knowns and possibly looks up to, and even fears to a degree. Like Superman appearing in front of a lesser known heroes to help them. It's like "Oh shit, it's him", instead of just another guy fighting for Earthrealm.

This sub is obviously neutral, though probably helping Earthrealm because he kind of lives there, so it would be an awesome twist if he's making a grab for power as well, trying to not only stop Kotal(assuming he is a big bad in some form) but overthrow him and rule Outworld himself.

I think a race for power in general would be fucking awesome story-wise, as there are so many possible characters to go for it. Quan, Daegon, Kano, Goro(with Kintaro, Sheeva and probably the rest of the Shokan), Shang Tsung, Havik, Hotaru, Mileena(who would be the rightful queen seeing as how she's the only one in Shao's family left alive), hell even Scorpion.

That'd be a badass reason to start a Mortal Kombat tournament across the realms, to decide who will rule Outworld.

...Man that post took a turn.

Though I agree with his reaction being completely shocking and out of character I can see that even though he gave off this "Fuck emotions" attitude he still had some humanity in him. He doesn't look like one to kill a kid. He also had to be shocked out of his ass lol
I think the reaction was in character, but the way he conveyed it wasn't.

Bi-Han doesn't afraid of anything, so that worried look on his face kind of upset me.

That whole situation was pretty dumb if you ask me. I forgive a lot of Raiden's blunders because he couldn't really help it given the context and what he had, but the one he really did fuck up was taking scorpion to the side and telling him not to kill Bi-Han instead of just taking them both to the side and have them talk it out, canonically they can't even fuck with Raiden power wise so they would have to actually squash their beef for the time being.

I think that's less of a character fault and more of a choice by the writers because they wanted Noob to still happen.

Last edited:

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster

No but seriously, a big part of why I don't like him is the fact that his story is lame as shit.

The only time that premise ever worked IMO was God of War, and that's mostly because of other factors in the story making it not unbearable.

Scorpion only has one thing and they refuse to give him much more. They'll throw him a little bone but he seems to never get any big pieces of the action. I'm a firm believer that MK characters all have potential out the ass and just need a moment to shine. Hopefully he gets his this time around.

Sub-Zero though, based off of his intro dialogue is going to be all up in the mix this time around, and the way he talks to Raiden and the others not only denotes how much of an ice cold badass he is, but also shows that he's on the new Outworld Hierarchy's raider as well as the Earthrealm warriors'.

I'm hoping they treat him like "the guy", that trope of the legend that everyone knowns and possibly looks up to, and even fears to a degree. Like Superman appearing in front of a lesser known heroes to help them. It's like "Oh shit, it's him", instead of just another guy fighting for Earthrealm.

This sub is obviously neutral, though probably helping Earthrealm because he kind of lives there, so it would be an awesome twist if he's making a grab for power as well, trying to not only stop Kotal(assuming he is a big bad in some form) but overthrow him and rule Outworld himself.

I think a race for power in general would be fucking awesome story-wise, as there are so many possible characters to go for it. Quan, Daegon, Kano, Goro(with Kintaro, Sheeva and probably the rest of the Shokan), Shang Tsung, Havik, Hotaru, Mileena(who would be the rightful queen seeing as how she's the only one in Shao's family left alive), hell even Scorpion.

That'd be a badass reason to start a Mortal Kombat tournament across the realms, to decide who will rule Outworld.

...Man that post took a turn.

I think the reaction was in character, but the way he conveyed it wasn't.

Bi-Han doesn't afraid of anything, so that worried look on his face kind of upset me.

That whole situation was pretty dumb if you ask me. I forgive a lot of Raiden's blunders because he couldn't really help it given the context and what he had, but the one he really did fuck up was taking scorpion to the side and telling him not to kill Bi-Han instead of just taking them both to the side and have them talk it out, canonically they can't even fuck with Raiden power wise so they would have to actually squash their beef for the time being.

I think that's less of a character fault and more of a choice by the writers because they wanted Noob to still happen.
Hahaha! I LOVE this post. Thank you! I agree with every aspect you talked about!

IceNinja

Assassin
That is a really kool concept you thought up there, it would be an awesome story line. Can't wait to see what happens in MKX. I've always thought Bi-Han should have been the champion of Mortal Kombat, he could have broken Shang Tsung's spell and won the tournament for Earthrealm, because he was a mortal who lived on Earth and a good guy.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Sub-Zero has aways been the most efficient protagonist in MK, but always in the background and on the sidelines instead of spear heading, without being a sidekick or rival to the main protagonist.

I love that and I think more fiction should have characters like that.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
That is a really kool concept you thought up there, it would be an awesome story line. Can't wait to see what happens in MKX. I've always thought Bi-Han should have been the champion of Mortal Kombat, he could have broken Shang Tsung's spell and won the tournament for Earthrealm, because he was a mortal who lived on Earth and a good guy.
Good guy? He's neutral and in a clan of assassins. Kuai is the good guy. Bi-Han is ruthless

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Sub-Zero has aways been the most efficient protagonist in MK, but always in the background and on the sidelines instead of spear heading, without being a sidekick or rival to the main protagonist.
Probably because Boon has another character with a spear.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't think that's way, as Scorpion isn't a protagonist and has quite literally accomplished next to nothing of importance besides kill Bi-Han.

Who hilariously was also resurrected by Quan-Chi and was made into a better wraith and enforcer than Scorpion, who effectively made himself obsolete. This is probably why Quan has Scorpion dicking around in hell like a dog waiting for its owner to come through the door, while Quan has Noob at the Soulnado with him kicking ass.

Now that I think about it, I don't know if it was ever stated officially but it seems pretty obvious that Quan-Chi was impressed by Sub in Mythologies and wanted to control his power for his own uses, so he had one of his big dumb elaborate schemes and decided to make a powerful demon ghost warrior to kill Bi-Han so he can turn him into an even more powerful demon ghost warrior.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I don't think that's way, as Scorpion isn't a protagonist and has quite literally accomplished next to nothing of importance besides kill Bi-Han.

Who hilariously was also resurrected by Quan-Chi and was made into a better wraith and enforcer than Scorpion, who effectively made himself obsolete. This is probably why Quan has Scorpion dicking around in hell like a dog waiting for its owner to come through the door, while Quan has Noob at the Soulnado with him kicking ass.

Now that I think about it, I don't know if it was ever stated officially but it seems pretty obvious that Quan-Chi was impressed by Sub in Mythologies and wanted to control his power for his own uses, so he had one of his big dumb elaborate schemes and decided to make a powerful demon ghost warrior to kill Bi-Han so he can turn him into an even more powerful demon ghost warrior.
True. I've never thought of it that way. He must have been impressed. He went and kicked everyone's ass while Quan Chi thought he was just some ninja