What's new

General/Other - Scorpion My Scorpion buff request's both wants and needs in MY Opinion.

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
  • Hi TYM This is my first actual post so go easy on me lol. These are buffs that I think Scorpion needs to help him out in some matchups, NOT to make him broken. If you disagree with any of these please tell me why and what YOU think he needs/doesnt need.
Universal: Other than hitbox fixes for some of his moves theres only 1 thing they NEED to give him. His EX Spear into EX Burn, They should give this move a damage over time effect to make it useful instead of just a badass brutality. I would say about 5% unscaled damage over time for 2 bars restand is fair.

Hellfire: This variation is almost perfect in my eyes, the only thing that I think he needs is for his EX Flame aura to be plus 2 on black so he can get a poke in afterwards with the flame chip. Other than that im entirely fine with the way he is now.

Ninjistu: My personal favorite variation, his f2 still has the block frames of a over head despite no longer being one, Making it -7 or -8 down from -11 would be much more fair and still punishable by some of the cast. Also make his b32f2 -6 on block since it was meant to be safer, or atleast seems like it was.

Inferno: This variation needs some SERIOUS help compared to the others. For starters his ex over head and low minion should be somewhat safe at -8 or -9 and his EX back minion should be plus 5 and continues the combo off it. To make the plus 5 fair they can make it so you can armor throught the minion summon. His over head minion is -8 ON HIT. THAT IS TERRIBLE. It should be anywhere from plus 5 to 10.

These are all the changes I think he needs to be more successful. Let me know about anything you agree or disagree with.

Universally, I think F4 should get decreased startup. On par with Ermac's F4 around 12-15f of startup. Also increase the negative block adv.

Overall, I think it will help all of his variations. Inferno on the other hand has been garbage since day 1. The variation was never good other than the ridiculous damage. I wouldn't waste specific variation buffs on it.

Goat-City

Banned
Universally, I think F4 should get decreased startup. On par with Ermac's F4 around 12-15f of startup. Also increase the negative block adv.

Overall, I think it will help all of his variations. Inferno on the other hand has been garbage since day 1. The variation was never good other than the ridiculous damage. I wouldn't waste specific variation buffs on it.
If his vortex was unreactable it would be ridiculous. F4 should not be any faster than it currently is. Besides, making it faster would make b2 in hellfire and inferno pretty useless if I'm not mistaken.

Goat-City

Banned
I think he should get the move hell fire in every variation. I think it would really help Inferno's zoning out. Aside from that, your ideas for Inferno sound really good.

If his vortex was unreactable it would be ridiculous. F4 should not be any faster than it currently is. Besides, making it faster would make b2 in hellfire and inferno pretty useless if I'm not mistaken.
You are mistaken, it's F2 & it's already useless other than being a low crush. Plenty of characters have OH/Low mixup that can't be reacted to. The trade off is you get punished full combo.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I think f3 could use a slight boost in range
This would help him a lot.

F4 being on par with Ermac would be crazy but honestly at this point I'd welcome it lol there's way dumber shit in the game so why not. This would also make it a viable footsie tool though and spaced properly in hellfire can be made safe with aura so that would be awesome.

I don't think there's anything outrageous in the OP though, although people would cry bloody murder if inferno was buffed. It took people way longer than it should have to realise how shit that variation is.

This would help him a lot.

F4 being on par with Ermac would be crazy but honestly at this point I'd welcome it lol there's way dumber shit in the game so why not. This would also make it a viable footsie tool though and spaced properly in hellfire can be made safe with aura so that would be awesome.

I don't think there's anything outrageous in the OP though, although people would cry bloody murder if inferno was buffed. It took people way longer than it should have to realise how shit that variation is.
Thank you! Quan Chi has OH/LOW bullshit that can be made completely safe.

They should just buff inferno back to day 1. I'm willing to bet the variation is still bottom 5 with that damage lol.

Goat-City

Banned
You are mistaken, it's F2 & it's already useless other than being a low crush. Plenty of characters have OH/Low mixup that can't be reacted to. The trade off is you get punished full combo.
Oh that's right, I forgot. How can a safe, unreactable, low crushing overhead be useless?

Oh that's right, I forgot. How can a safe, unreactable, low crushing overhead be useless?
Well tell me what it leads to other than a knockdown?

As a Scorpion player, you want to eliminate your opponents chances of using wakeup attacks. They have fewer options after a vortex ender opposed to a knockdown.

F2 isn't scary at all. It doesn't make your opponent say " let me block high". All they do is block low & watch for the throw.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think he needs is for his EX Flame aura to be plus 2 on black

@CrimsonShadow your dream has happened again, first Black2Block now Plus 2 on Black, fuck yeah!

Now related to the topic:
Hellish Spear with Damage overtime would be nice.
214 juggle float propriety increased up a bit, the grave digger string is so unreliable.
B32F2 in Ninjutsu should be -7 along with F2.
Universal a small buff on his walkback speed
B2 damage scaling removed and startup reduced from 17 to 10 or 11 frames on Inferno and Hellfire.

Hellfire, a bit more frame advantage on 214FBC pressure

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
@CrimsonShadow your dream has happened again, first Black2Block now Plus 2 on Black, fuck yeah!

Now related to the topic:
Hellish Spear with Damage overtime would be nice.
214 juggle float propriety increased up a bit, the grave digger string is so unreliable.
B32F2 in Ninjutsu should be -7 along with F2.
Universal a small buff on his walkback speed
B2 damage scaling removed and startup reduced from 17 to 10 or 11 frames on Inferno and Hellfire.

Hellfire, a bit more frame advantage on 214FBC pressure
Your right, it should be plus 3 on black :DOGE

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
By being easily whiffable, 15f start up, -32 on whiff, with the only reward being a knockdown. It's basically like a crappy Throw.

I'm not in the category saying F4 should be buffed to be unreactable cause that would be dumb, nor do I think F2 is useless, but it would be nice to see F2 improved just a little so that it's just a bit better in its role, I'm not talking anything amazing, Shave 1 or 2 frames off the start up, maybe extend the hitbox just a fraction, and instead of that crappy knockdown that hurts more than it helps either leave them standing or make the knockdown last longer.

By being easily whiffable, 15f start up, -32 on whiff, with the only reward being a knockdown. It's basically like a crappy Throw.

I'm not in the category saying F4 should be buffed to be unreactable cause that would be dumb, nor do I think F2 is useless, but it would be nice to see F2 improved just a little so that it's just a bit better in its role, I'm not talking anything amazing, Shave 1 or 2 frames off the start up, maybe extend the hitbox just a fraction, and instead of that crappy knockdown that hurts more than it helps either leave them standing or make the knockdown last longer.
Ermac:
B3 -13f | -4
F4 - 12f | -20​
Scorpion:
B3 - 11f | -11
F4 - 25f | -8​

Ermac has a vortex situation where you have to guess OH/LOW. However, he has to commit to a TP to get the damage even though his moves have almost identical startup. Yet nobody complains about him because it's not as "dumb" as you think.

Making F4 faster would just require you to learn how to block people it ain't that hard. You can go do the dishes & still have enough time to block F4. He can't hit confirm b3 xx spear & with a faster f4 it would be the same. He has to commit for the damage, then if you guess right he's fucked. buffing F2 would be a waste.

God Confirm

Ermac:
B3 -13f | -4
F4 - 12f | -20​
Scorpion:
B3 - 11f | -11
F4 - 25f | -8​

Ermac has a vortex situation where you have to guess OH/LOW. However, he has to commit to a TP to get the damage even though his moves have almost identical startup. Yet nobody complains about him because it's not as "dumb" as you think.

Making F4 faster would just require you to learn how to block people it ain't that hard. You can go do the dishes & still have enough time to block F4. He can't hit confirm b3 xx spear & with a faster f4 it would be the same. He has to commit for the damage, then if you guess right he's fucked. buffing F2 would be a waste.
Except MoS Ermac is around -20 on both OH and low, sacrifices damage and spends a bar to vortex, and he gets it basically because he has no other dirt. With your changes, Hellfire Scorpion would have one safe option, one option -11, would get the vortex meterless and at no sacrifice, and then he'd have all the other awesome shit that makes Hellfire a better character than MoS to even without the changes you are asking for.

Sorry, but your suggestion is absolutely as dumb as we think. This logic of "this character has that, so why can't I?" needs to be buried. Otherwise, I'll take Cassies Power Flip, Laos Hat Spin, Quans B2, Predators zoning, and Tanya's Rekka thx - seeing as they have it and we are mixing and matching, why can't I? If you want Ermac's tools, play Ermac.

Last edited:
Except MoS Ermac is around -20 on both OH and low, sacrifices damage and spends a bar to vortex, and he gets it basically because he has no other dirt. With your changes, Hellfire Scorpion would have one safe option, one option -11, would get the vortex meterless and at no sacrifice, and then he'd have all the other awesome shit that makes Hellfire a better character than MoS to even without the changes you are asking for.

Sorry, but your suggestion is absolutely as dumb as we think. This logic of "this character has that, so why can't I?" needs to be buried. Otherwise, I'll take Cassies Power Flip, Laos Hat Spin, Quans B2, Predators zoning, and Tanya's Rekka thx - seeing as they have it and we are mixing and matching, why can't I? If you want Ermac's tools, play Ermac.
Scorpion is a top meter building character, nor is he meter dependent. The change would made him great, but not broken or OP stop bitchin B.

QC is just as ridiculous as MK9 Cyrax funny you mention him. He can make his mixup safe with MB rune but does that make it any less/more fair because he's spending meter? Stop it B.

God Confirm

Scorpion is a top meter building character, nor is he meter dependent. The change would made him great, but not broken or OP stop bitchin B.

QC is just as ridiculous as MK9 Cyrax funny you mention him. He can make his mixup safe with MB rune but does that make it any less/more fair because he's spending meter? Stop it B.
Bitching? You are the one complaining that Scorp has no unreactable 50/50 meterless vortex, lol. Youre suggestion is kinda shortsighted and you do nothing to explain why he needs the changes you are asking for to turn him into a completely different character, you're only real reasoning as far as I can tell is "other characters have it so I should too" and in responses to me pointing out what bad logic this is, your only reply is pointing at more characters wih stuff you don't have lol.

Those would be 10 times more better than infrared scorpz
Hey now don't be hating on the bling