What's new

My SC changes wish list.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Not being able to AA Batman isn't even close to being a Scarecrow exclusive problem, that's just Batman being cheese AF rather than a Scarecrow flaw.
Right but SC's D2 is meant to be a solid AA, not everyone should or will have strong aas, its part of balancing.

BookBurning

Voidwards
once u knock them down how do u stop them from pressing buttons on wake up?

Also good luck aaing Batman, I can barely aa him with AM's 7frames d2.
How about you use basic fighting game fundamentals and don't press anything? How about you do a meaty? How about you do an armored launcher? How about you block their invincible wakeup move and then punish with something?

I don't really get this. Scarecrow's not a rushdown character, he's a spacing and footsy character. He doesn't need stuff that doesn't fit his kit.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Right but SC's D2 is meant to be a solid AA, not everyone should or will have strong aas, its part of balancing.
I won't hate because Iv never touched Scarecrow, so idk what his deal is balance wise right now, I just didn't agree with that logic of "can't AA Batman, it's ass", but fair enough.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Scarecrow does okay against half the cast , but the other half that has any kind of full screen presence leaves him pretty useless. To be honest, the thing I want changed on him the most right now is his teleport , it's god awful and is his only option against zoners when they're out of f1 range so I'd like to see less recovery frames on it especially considering how little ground his meter burn roll covers.

Another small change I'd like to see is to buff the hitbox on his 2,2 string so the first hit doesn't whiff a lot of the time and make it so 2,2 will link into chain spin.

A better d2 would be nice but I can live without it and lastly I would really like them to revamp his trait. His trait is what makes him an interesting character to me but right now you have to do so much work to get it and then when you do it proceeds to drain rather quickly for some reason making it easy for the other player to turtle up til it's gone since he has no 50/50s to open you up with . I'd rather them remove the DOT from his trait and just have it be more like black canarys trait cause right now his trait is pretty shit.

Overall though I'd just be happy with the buff to teleport ATM and see how that pans out from there.

Last edited:

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
I'd rather them remove the DOT from his trait and just have it be more like black canarys trait cause right now his trait is pretty shit.
I disagree with this. I take the DOT from his trait into my game plan. I can't even tell you the amount of wins I've got out of my DOT taking away their last bit of life while I just sit there blocking & chuckling to myself. I can also attest to the amount of times that a full trait has failed me while all I needed was a few more ticks from the DOT to take effect to kill them but then I fill up and then they just sneak a win out. So frustrating lol. When I get a full trait bar, I try to use it as fast as possible and then try to get to re-activate the DOT again. I personally prefer the DOT to the filled Traumatize move. I love his trait and am happy with how it works.

navaroNe

Yeah I agree the dot can be useful but right now it feels like the dot is more useful than the fully charged trait itself which sucks cause I feel the trait has the potential for more mind games which I feel is where scarecrow could shine

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Unless there is some hidden tech that has not been discovered yet, this character needs help.
For all those saying he is fine, play him.
My opinion, fear nada shouldn't be invincible, but the blast or CG should be. F21 shouldn't combo into deadspin, that would be unnecessary. Either his trait call in should be faster, or traumatize should last longer and not go away after clashes.
Finally, take 10f of recovery off his teleport.

TBH he doesn't even need most of that, just the WU or the teleport would be excellent.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
But the greatest wish ever would be to make f1 low profile faster, not at the end of the animation. If it low profiled 5 frames into the move this would be ridiculous, like, ridiculous.

But thats just a dream

navaroNe

Or if his db2 had faster start up so I could actually use it in between deadshots wrist cannons , that too would be ridiculous.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
lots of characters have excellent zoning too, lets just tack that on to Crow as well to just make sure this character has officially no weakness

If you want what other characters have, play those characters. If you want what Scarecrow has play Scarecrow. This character does not need buffs just because he doesn't suit your playstyle
Lol you obviously got mopped by one if you're fighting this hard against him getting buffs. The character has glaring weaknessss that need to be addressed if he is to be tournament viable. As it stands, he is low to low mid tier. Any competent player will just knock him down once and bend him over. No back dash or wake up= rape on knock down.

At least he has strong 50/50s to... Oh wait...

Well at least he has strong anti zoning tools and doesn't get... Oh wait

Wellll at least his zoning game is strong and plays a great keep out game.... Oh wait

Well at least he's a strong grappler who's command grab does a solid 16% and leaves them right next to you... Oh wait

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
My buff wish list:
Make at least db3 a solid wakeup
Make trait activation faster
Take off 7 recovery frames from teleport
Make hit stun on traumatize 10-12 frames longer
Keep tick damage while traumatize is active

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I would just rework his trait completely. As it stands traumatize is mostly worthless. I honestly would rather keep tick damage than get that timed traumatize

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
D2 is fine? yeah try AA'ng Batman.

Also I could do without a wakeup/reversal attack, if they buff everything else I listed.
Batman is not a good example... His J2 needs a nerf.... They buffed his J2 by giving him a lower jump arc.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
My buff wish list:
Make at least db3 a solid wakeup
Make trait activation faster
Take off 7 recovery frames from teleport
Make hit stun on traumatize 10-12 frames longer
Keep tick damage while traumatize is active
All this, but also why not

MBdb2 +8 (up from +6, standing 1 jails)
f21 recovers faster on hit, making follow up more viable
Trait activates 8 frames faster (yes, d2-trait-combos should be a thing)
Projectiles absorbed by fearnado contributes more to trait than normal pressure
Traumatize has armor
b2133 now oh-mid-low-low

Yes, 50/50 options. Try to tell me this wouldn't be fair in this game. This alone would bump him up a tier.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Almost forgot - f3 should absolutely be unsafe, but MB f3 should be made safe. Every other cast member can spend a bar for a safe, often plus overhead. Even given the range, -6 with a bar is not unreasonable.