What's new

my personal sonya matchup list

Riu I'm curious as to why you think Baraka is 6-4. I think its worse, like closer to 7-3. You play both characters, just wanted to see what your thoughts were.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
baraka has the best back dash in the game very fast and he move back a very good distance when he does his back dash and blade charge is a very fast wiff punish as well so any wiff d4 that sonya does it will be punish and his fast back dash will held him to make her wiff d4 . . . now the reason why his bad dash is good against her is because of his own d4 since he can force sonya to have to do her d4 at full range to be able to start her d4msf1 rushdown game against him to be able to hit baraka with her d4 before baraka hit her with his d4 and this is when he will use his fast back dash to make her wiff her d4 and punish her. elso he can space his blade charge to be 100% safe against her and i know it maybe hart to beleave but he wins the projectile war as well. excartwheel is his big problem in this matchup

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
baraka has the best back dash in the game very fast and he move back a very good distance when he does his back dash and blade charge is a very fast wiff punish as well so any wiff d4 that sonya does it will be punish and his fast back dash will held him to make her wiff d4 . . . now the reason why his bad dash is good against her is because of his own d4 since he can force sonya to have to do her d4 at full range to be able to start her d4msf1 rushdown game against him to be able to hit baraka with her d4 before baraka hit her with his d4 and this is when he will use his fast back dash to make her wiff her d4 and punish her. elso he can space his blade charge to be 100% safe against her and i know it maybe hart to beleave but he wins the projectile war as well. excartwheel is his big problem in this matchup
Yeah but can't she just Dive Kick into combo if she predicts a D4 from me? That's one of the main reasons I feel it's so bad, she has a better D4, and she can punish my D4 a lot worse than I can punish her's. Plus yeah, EN Kartwheel is a MAJOR problem. And really?! Why do you think Baraka wins the projectile war against her?

Thanks again man.

Yeah but can't she just Dive Kick into combo if she predicts a D4 from me? That's one of the main reasons I feel it's so bad, she has a better D4, and she can punish my D4 a lot worse than I can punish her's. Plus yeah, EN Kartwheel is a MAJOR problem. And really?! Why do you think Baraka wins the projectile war against her?

Thanks again man.

if she is doing dive kick on your d4 is because you are been predictible with your d4. . . do this to trick her . . . do a short f dash just out of her d4 range block and then back dash if she is trying to hit your d4 with dive kick you will block the dive kick or it will wiff what ever happen you can punish the dive kick on block or wiff use this every now and then against an opponent who is trying to dive kick your d4 and they will stop

if she try to do the fire ball war baraka can f dash d3 to go under her rings then check her next ring with blade charge and if he has meter ex blade charge on reaction he does not win this by only doing sparks but by using a combination of both spark and blade charge

but even with all this he is a disadvantage in the matchup and it is hard for him to fight her when she has started her game your gold in this matchup is to stop her from moving freely but it is not easy to do and that is why she has the advantage

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I am curious to hear why you think Sonya loses to Smoke. I have always thought this matchup was in Sonya's favor.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Smoke can run, zone. No doubt projectiles trade in Smoke's favor. Of course, I'm not the matchup expert. I'll consult Chuck Shuldiner, who beats Sonya 11 - -42