sheeva 6-4
freddy 3.5-6.5

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
this is what i think as of today

sonya vs
Sindel 5-5
Freddy 6.5-3.5
I agree with all. Despite I say 5-5 Kenshi, I'll take 4.5/5.5.

Also, Sindel feels more 6-4 Sonya's favor. Dashing in and closing in space leads Sindel right to the corner and Sonya's standing 1 jab catches her Air Fireball before she lands during the process not to mention armored Ex Arc Kick/Cartwheel traveling =\

Is Freddy 6.5/3.5 a mistake? 3.5/6.5 Freddy's favor or Sonya's favor? 5-5/4-6?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
this is what i think as of today

sonya vs

scorpion 6-4
sub zero 4.5-5.5
reptile 6-4
ermac 6-4
noob 5-5
smoke 4.5-5.5
rain 5-5
mileena 6-4
kitana 5-5
jade 6-4
scarlet 5-5
sektor 4.5-5.5
cyrax 6-4
cyber sub 5.5-4.5
kenshi 4.5-5.5
sildel 5-5
jax 5.5-4.5
johnny cage 5-5
stryker 6-4
liu kang 5-5
kano 6-4
nightwolf 6-4
kung lao 5-5
kabal 4-6
baraka 6-4
shang 5.5-4.5
quan chi 6-4
raiden 6-4
sheeva 6-4
freddy 3.5-6.5

Nice the sindel Sonya match up should be 6-4 in Sonya's favor though. Ex Cart wheel kills all of sindels rush down.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Death

Noob
Good MU chart. I agree for the most part besides sub, sektor and smoke beating sonya. I think thats crazy. At the worst its even. Our lists looks similar with the exception of those 3. I know kenshi/freddy and kabal are bad. Pretty much every sonya player agrees with those 3 but i think freddy/kabal are .5 worst than kenshi.

What do you think RIU? After running so many games with Brady I just cant see this being sub favor. I was getting the better of him and really fucked sub up with sonyas shit. Was he beating you or making it feel tough?

Same with Sektor/Smoke. I never ran games with either of these characters where I felt like I was at disadv. I cant see how they beat her. It has to be even at best. What does sektor/smoke do that makes u feel you struggle cuz I personally love fighting those characters when I come across them.

DanCock i really do not have a lot of experience in the sildel matchup to be honest i based the sildel matchup in theories because i really do not know the matchup. . . if you say is 6-4 sonya then you maybe

this are the matchup i based more in theories than experience because there is hardly anyone using this characters
sildel
skartlet
jade

DanCock

Cock Master!!
This game is really turning into small hit box vs big hit box and small hit box winning out.

There's stuff that curbo was showing me that small hit box characters can punish certain things jax and other characters do but the big hit box characters can't it's annoying as fuck.

I'm actually going to start using Sonya because of this which pisses me off because I can't stand the fucking character!!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

sonya vs

Good MU chart. I agree for the most part besides sub, sektor and smoke beating sonya. I think thats crazy. At the worst its even. What do you think of my list? It looks similar with the exception of those 3. I know kenshi/freddy and kabal are bad. Pretty much every sonya player agrees with those 3 but i think freddy/kabal are .5 worst than kenshi.

What do you think RIU? After running so many games with Brady I just cant see this being sub favor. I was getting the better of him and really fucked sub up with sonyas shit. Was he beating you or making it feel tough?
i think sub has the advantage because he control the fight better and she is very limited against him but me saying is 4.4-5.5 sub has nothing to do with tom or any sub player out there even if i play tom and he beat me 100-3 or i beat him 100-3 i would still say is 4.5-5.5 sub because i really do not based my matchup on my personal wins and lost

yea i a gree with you freddy, kabal are hard matchups and even when i say kenshi is 4.5-5.5 kenshi i still think kenshi can be as hard as fighting kabal or freddy like i said i do not based a matchup on my personal wins or lost or in other word my personal frustrations lol

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
This game is really turning into small hit box vs big hit box and small hit box winning out.

There's stuff that curbo was showing me that small hit box characters can punish certain things jax and other characters do but the big hit box characters can't it's annoying as fuck.
It turns out Sindel has a big hitbox, that hair! She was so tiny in MK3, she deserved a small hitbox lol

Sindel trying to punish Mileena/Sonya with that D4 preventing her is a pain in the ass, so annoying!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Why is Kitana even? Sonya has good tools to deal with her offense and zoning and gets free continued pressure on a knockdown.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Freddy vs. Sonya is 5.5:4.5 in Freddy's favor. I'll upload videos soon of Master D. going even with me.

HD Smoke

Noob
Riu48 you are one of my favorite players to watch and one of if not the best sonya out there but you are confusing me over here with the Smoke and Sonya match up lol. That match up has to be even i really cant see smoke beating sonya even as good as he is

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Death, earlier tonight at Console Combat, I beat Master D.'s Kabal with Freddy. He then beat me with Cage. The point is if your character has good offense, and Sonya certainly does, he/she can give Freddy a very difficult time. When you learn how to approach Freddy correctly, the match ups go from 7:3 to 6:4 / 5:5. The players who play me a lot off-line and online (Master D., KING, REO, etc.) do very well vs. me, even with characters like Sonya.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade

Why is Kitana even? Sonya has good tools to deal with her offense and zoning and gets free continued pressure on a knockdown.
16Bit you mentioned in the KTP immediately Kitana's bad match ups instantly were Kenshi, Freddy and Sonya then everyone else were in the 'I don't know' category. Kenshi is self-explanatory in Kitana's case. Your opinion on Sonya/Kitana MU, is that based on her long D4, threat of her Dive Kick, Pink Rings on trade and her armored Ex Cartwheel combo starting tools? Also Freddy, how bad is that match up for Kitana I haven't seen anyone played that one yet on stream videos?

Death

Noob
Death, earlier tonight at Console Combat, I beat Master D.'s Kabal with Freddy. He then beat me with Cage. The point is if your character has good offense, and Sonya certainly does, he/she can give Freddy a very difficult time. When you learn how to approach Freddy correctly, the match ups go from 7:3 to 6:4 / 5:5. The players who play me a lot off-line and online (Master D., KING, REO, etc.) do very well vs. me, even with characters like Sonya.
I wanna see the vids man. Id love to use sonya for freddy but its looking like I'll have to use Mileena instead. I just dont know how Master D New sonya can take on your Freddy. I get how you fight Freddy and that seems perfect but to me its seems all theory fighting. Neutral crouching glove then blocking ground spikes all on reaction. Its tough. Keep in mind all of sonyas strings are high so by the time i get to you I cant pressure you or stay on top of you like Cage can. I really doubt Master Ds Sonya goes even with your Freddy. I really wanna see how this MU is fought. I get all your msgs and try to incorporate it but its just seems all theory.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I wanna see the vids man. Id love to use sonya for freddy but its looking like I'll have to use Mileena instead. I just dont know how Master D New sonya can take on your Freddy. I get how you fight Freddy and that seems perfect but to me its seems all theory fighting. Neutral crouching glove then blocking ground spikes all on reaction. Its tough. Keep in mind all of sonyas strings are high so by the time i get to you I cant pressure you or stay on top of you like Cage can. I really doubt Master Ds Sonya goes even with your Freddy. I really wanna see how this MU is fought. I get all your msgs and try to incorporate it but its just seems all theory.
I'm stuck with lots of school work because it's the end of the semester, but I'll upload some matches as soon as I can.

It doesn't matter that all of Sonya's strings are high when she has the ability to put herself at +1 via a long range low poke. Freddy has a huge hitbox anyway.

By the way, with more playing time and match up analysis, I'll eventually make Freddy vs. Mileena an even match up. This character has weaknesses that I'm just now learning to exploit, but we can talk about this match up privately.

It is RIUs opinion but I really disagree with Sonya having 6 bad MUs. 6 bad MUs puts her anywhere from 10-12 and I think shes better than that.
death she does not have 6 bad matchups in my opinion she only has 3 bad matchups a 4.5-5.5 is not a bad matchup at all it just mean she has a small disadvantage that is the way i see it. . . to me she is top 4 or top 3 whoever i have more than 3 characters in my top 3 and more than 4 in my top 4

this matchup is all about footsies and there is something that i will tell you that will make you happy if you did not know about it! when sonya does d4msf1 and she is like at +1 after it and she can check you with a d1 . . . guess what against kitana it does not matter because of her hitbox sonya can not check kitana with a d1 after msf1 because sonya's d1 will wiff

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Riu I'm curious as to why you think Baraka is 6-4. I think its worse, like closer to 7-3. You play both characters, just wanted to see what your thoughts were.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2