What's new

Match-up Discussion My Personal Quan Chi Matchup Chart

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Quan doesnt play this MU by getting in. Sweep distance is preferred. his rushdown is superior to kitanas in the fact that he can take 12% whenever the fuck he wants, doesnt have to by a mixup.

And our series at evo wasnt a "blowup". i lost a close series 2-1.

5-5
How is your rushdown superior when all of your normals, besides standing 1, are super slow?

And I wish people learned how to bait out uppercuts, you love that damn move lol. You wouldn't get a free 12% if people baited that move.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I have this as one of tombstones winning MU. only at 6-4 though.

NW doesnt need meter to fight him. he can reflect skulls all day, dash block your tele, shoulder check you randomly, and play good footsies vs you. if quan gets an offense going, NW can use the meter he gained to breaker your rune traps.

NW can sit back and win by turtling...not to mention maintain life lead by absorb if need be.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
1: the rune trap is NOT guaranteed, at least not In this match. Quan players like to ppurposely eat damage so they can build meter for the rune trap. I like that tactic since its a smart way to build meter and unleash his damage. However, this tactic does not work against kitana. Kitana is a character who can KO you with two combos and doesn't even need meter to do it. So, lets say I land a combo right? You just ate 50%. You cannot afford to get hot by another combo because you WILL lose, so you have no choice but to break. Rune trap gone.
Also, once kitana gets the life lead, common sense would tell the kitana player to fall back and make Quan come to her, in which he has no safe way in. I can throw iafs, not to zone, but to bait out the skydrop, which Quan players will do, and it will be punished on block or whiff. If you don't have the life to spare, you have to break. Rune trap gone.
Also, kitana is really good at creating space. So more often than not, Quan players will use f12 to close that space and possibly link into rune if it hits. If that whiffs, its punishable and Quan has to break. Rune trap gone.
Basically, you have to take risks in order to use that trap, and if you fail, GGs.

Now, onto why Kitana beats Quan. Including the reasons listed above, Kitana also has better normals, better range, better GUARANTEED damage, better footsies, better spacing, better everything than Quan. She beats him upclose for sure. Quake only saving grace upclose is his uppercut, since his pokes suck, and the uppercut can easily be baited and then she can punish that. B3 1+2 is useless since it gets poked. I don't see how Quan can compete with her upclose. Trance is useless as well, as she punishes that from anywhere on the screen.

Quan has to take nothing but risks And make good reads in order to beat a kitana player who knows the match. all the favors in this match are leaning towards her and she doesn't have to do much to win, while he has to do everything In his power to win.

Not to mention, GGA 16 Bit Blew up Dink at evo and rev0lver has a very exciting match with Insuperable as well, with Rev being the winner.
How does quan not have a safeway in? It's called dash crouch blocking or dash d3ing in. And a good quan will never skydrop in so just take that out of the equation. And this is how f12 works. f1 has great range and on hit I can hit confirm into trance into a combo or rune trap. On block I can hit confirm into ex rune GARENTEED. I could play the risky version and for max range wiff the f1 and then just let the 2 go into rune trap, because it's too big of a risk going for trance there. Plus I always have a third hit that leaves me at neutral. That's not really worth the risk though, but it can be pretty difficult to wiff punish not on read though. It's like if Kitana's f21 string lead into over 50% garenteed damage on block and that the 1 never wiffeed if the f2 was blocked. And quan isn't screwed upclose his d3 is very good. It's 7 frames and there can be an ex rune right after it which although is interuptable it is very difficult to interupt. They both have nuetral pressure and a good fast poke. About the same upclose game. I agree that trance is useless, but he doesn't need it besides combos. Quan doesn't have to play risky at all to win I don't know why you would think that. And who cares if 16bit beat dink at evo and revolver beat soup I will take on any kitana player at Nec and show that it's a 5:5. I had a really close match with a top kitana 7L at Summer Jam and I'm much more prepared now.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
How is your rushdown superior when all of your normals, besides standing 1, are super slow?

And I wish people learned how to bait out uppercuts, you love that damn move lol. You wouldn't get a free 12% if people baited that move.
I can uppercut out of all her pressure, and theres not a whole lot she can do about it. 212 is her saving grace here, even that leaves her out of pressure tho.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I have this as one of tombstones winning MU. only at 6-4 though.

NW doesnt need meter to fight him. he can reflect skulls all day, dash block your tele, shoulder check you randomly, and play good footsies vs you. if quan gets an offense going, NW can use the meter he gained to breaker your rune traps.

NW can sit back and win by turtling...not to mention maintain life lead by absorb if need be.
I had it at tombstone's favor, but then I found new tech that I'll release soon that changed it to a 5:5. And there is no character in this game with the initials NW.

REO

Undead
So if you are a better player than soup and he beat you bad in a set with quan against your kabal there is no way that it is 8-2 kabal
How am I better player than Insup if he beats me? And again, you're still focusing on players and not the characters.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
How am I better player than Insup if he beats me? And again, you're still focusing on players and not the characters.
So how do you think that it is 8:2? Quan can get the lifelead and turtle iagbs and when he throws a saw it can be skydropped on reaction.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I can uppercut out of all her pressure, and theres not a whole lot she can do about it. 212 is her saving grace here, even that leaves her out of pressure tho.
I mean, in the kitana player is just blind rushing, then of course you could uppercut her. Even shang can uppercut her is she's blind rushing lol.

But against smart kitana's, I bet you'd think twice about throwing it out as much as you do. If you are standing and she is using a block string, then forget about uppercutting. If your blocking low, then uppercut is a good option, but even then, kitana wouldn't do something like 21 cutter or anything interruptable. She can do something like 21, then check you with f21, which will hit if you try an uppercut.

REO

Undead
So how do you think that it is 8:2? Quan can get the lifelead and turtle iagbs and when he throws a saw it can be skydropped on reaction.
It's 8-2 because I can do whatever I feel like the entire match. The only time I actually take Quan Chi serious is after beating the shit out of him and he has three bars in stock. That is the only reason it's 8-2 and not 9-1.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I mean, in the kitana player is just blind rushing, then of course you could uppercut her. Even shang can uppercut her is she's blind rushing lol.

But against smart kitana's, I bet you'd think twice about throwing it out as much as you do. If you are standing and she is using a block string, then forget about uppercutting. If your blocking low, then uppercut is a good option, but even then, kitana wouldn't do something like 21 cutter or anything interruptable. She can do something like 21, then check you with f21, which will hit if you try an uppercut.
generally you hit confirm uppercut visually when you see cutter, which admittingly is probably what cost me my EVO set with bit. there are spots quan can uppercut that are nearly impossible to predict. Regardless, no one can change my mind on this MU. I have too much experience in it

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
It's 8-2 because I can do whatever I feel like the entire match. The only time I actually take Quan Chi serious is after beating the shit out of him and he has three bars in stock. That is the only reason it's 8-2 and not 9-1.
How you do whatever you want I already explained how kabal can't zone him like he does most characters and quan has a d3 to get out of pressure. I've played this matchup a lot and I feel very comfortable in saying that it's a 4:6.