What's new

My new favorite card game

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
So I learned a really fun new card game on July 4th, I don't remember what it's called but I remember how to play it. This is how it goes:

1v1 head to head
Standard 52 card deck
Both players get dealt 4 cards facedown

Player 1 guesses if his first card is red or black. If he guesses wrong he takes a shot, if he guesses right his opponent takes a shot.

Player 2 repeats the same exact step with their first card

Player 1 guesses if their 2nd facedown card is higher or lower than the first card they flipped. If they guess wrong they take a shot, if they guess right their opponent takes a shot.

Player 2 repeats this same exact step with their 2nd facedown card.

Player 1 has to guess if their 3rd facedown card is on the outside or inside of their previously flipped cards. For example if your first card was a Jack and your 2nd card was a 7, that would mean 8 9 and 10 are cards on the inside and all other cards are cards on the outside. If you guessed wrong you take a shot, if you guessed right your opponent takes a shot.

Player 2 repeats this sequence with their 3rd facedown card.

Now for final step, player 1 guesses if their last facedown card is a club, spade, diamond, or a heart. So you have a 1 in 4 chance. If you guess wrong you take a shot, if you guess right your opponent takes a shot.

Player 2 does the same 1 in 4 guess of suit with their final card, if they guess wrong they take a shot if they guess right then player 1 takes a shot.

Now the game is over! Or if you're trying to get crazy, that was only round 1
there should have been 8 shots in all. If you and your partner want to last more games, you can do half-shots instead of full shots. Alternatively you can do weak shots like wine or things like Mike's Hard rather than liquor or vodka. If your opponent is a pussy and saying "I can't take any more shots" or "I am getting too fucked up" you can show your masculinity by taking some of their shots for them on top of your own!

You're welcome

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
Around the World, Irish Poker, Chico High Low, Monkey Balls, Foam Game, North Carolina, Up and Down the River, Canon Ball, John Theis, Harry Curie, Tim de Withen, Charleston Special, Death Valley, or Unlucky 'Sevens' Seven

These are all of it's names lol. I looked up around the world and found that the game had a plethora of lovely titles pffffahaha.

Real tho I've gotten stupid shitfaced playing this. Excellent game.

Another personal favorite is ride the bus. Same concept but it's 10 cards and you drink more per card as you go. It's fucked up. I play with my buddy when we need to catch up to our lightweight girlfriends

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This game I learned a few months ago is really fun.

2-4 players
10-15 minutes per game

Supplies:

1-2 deck of cards: For a two player game, you only need one deck. If you are playing with 3 or 4 players, you will need two decks shuffled together.

Setup / Dealing:

Start by dealing 3 cards face down to each player. No one should look at these cards – they stay face down on the table until the third phase of the game.

Then deal 6 additional cards to each player. Each player picks up these 6 cards and chooses three to place face up on top of their face down cards. Each player should then have three cards left for their starting hand.

How to play:

The game is played in three phases:

• Phase 1: Cards in your hand
  • Phase 2: Face up cards
  • Phase 3: Face down cards
Phase 1: The person to the left of the dealer starts by playing their lowest card(s) (starting a discard pile). The next person has to match it or play a higher card(s). Suits do not matter.

After your turn, draw cards from the deck so that you always have three cards in your hand. If you cannot play on the top card, you have to pick up the discard pile and play moves onto the next person. Continue in this way until the deck runs out of cards.

Special rule note: You can play multiple cards of a single number in the same turn (for example, if you have two 8’s, you can play them both at the same time on your turn). The number of cards played per player has no bearing on other subsequent players (the next player could play one 9.)

Phase 2: Once the deck is exhausted and you have played all of the cards in your hand, you play with the three face up cards on the table you chose earlier. (Leave these face up on the table until you play them.) You can play these cards in any order you choose. If you have multiple of the same card (like two jacks), you can play them together on the same turn, as before. If you cannot play, you have to pick up as in Phase 1 and play with the cards in your hand until they run out before going back to play with your other face up cards.

Note: Everyone will be at different phases, and that’s okay.

Phase 3: Once your face up cards have been played, you will play with your face down cards. You are playing with these cards blind: DO NOT PICK UP OR LOOK AT THESE CARDS – leave them face down on the table. On your turn, you choose one of your face down cards and flip it over. If that card matches or beats the top card of the discard pile, play continues. If it is lower than the top card, you pick up the discard pile and play with those cards until you run out before going back to play your other face down cards.

Winning:

The first person to get rid of all cards (in their hand and on the table) wins the game.

Wild cards and special rules:

There are a number of “wild” cards and special rules in the game:

• 2’s reset the discard pile: You can play a 2 on top of any card. If you play a 2, the discard pile stays in place, but you can now play any card on top of it.
  • 10’s clear the discard pile: You can play a 10 on top of any card. When you play a 10, the discard pile gets set aside (along with the 10 you played), starting a new discard pile.
  • 4 of a kind clears the discard pile: If you have four of a kind (like four 7’s) in your hand, and they match or beat the top card on the discard pile, you can play all four, which clears the discard pile. Note: For a game with two decks, it’s possible you will have more than 4 of a kind. That’s fine, so long as you play at least 4 of a kind.
  • Advanced special rule: If you can complete a 4 of a kind on cards someone else just laid down, you can “sneak” in and play your cards – but you have to do it before anyone else plays on top of it. This clears the discard pile, and it is now your turn to play (skipping anyone who didn’t get to play in that round). For example: If someone lays down two 5’s on their turn, and you have two 5’s in your hand, you can quickly play your two cards, clearing the deck and stealing the turn.
Edit: Didn't read your game was a drinking game. Your game already sounds better just reading that.

http://www.practicallypoppy.com/game-night/game-night-palace-card-game/

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So I learned a really fun new card game on July 4th, I don't remember what it's called but I remember how to play it. This is how it goes:

1v1 head to head
Standard 52 card deck
Both players get dealt 4 cards facedown

Player 1 guesses if his first card is red or black. If he guesses wrong he takes a shot, if he guesses right his opponent takes a shot.

Player 2 repeats the same exact step with their first card

Player 1 guesses if their 2nd facedown card is higher or lower than the first card they flipped. If they guess wrong they take a shot, if they guess right their opponent takes a shot.

Player 2 repeats this same exact step with their 2nd facedown card.

Player 1 has to guess if their 3rd facedown card is on the outside or inside of their previously flipped cards. For example if your first card was a Jack and your 2nd card was a 7, that would mean 8 9 and 10 are cards on the inside and all other cards are cards on the outside. If you guessed wrong you take a shot, if you guessed right your opponent takes a shot.

Player 2 repeats this sequence with their 3rd facedown card.

Now for final step, player 1 guesses if their last facedown card is a club, spade, diamond, or a heart. So you have a 1 in 4 chance. If you guess wrong you take a shot, if you guess right your opponent takes a shot.

Player 2 does the same 1 in 4 guess of suit with their final card, if they guess wrong they take a shot if they guess right then player 1 takes a shot.

Now the game is over! Or if you're trying to get crazy, that was only round 1
there should have been 8 shots in all. If you and your partner want to last more games, you can do half-shots instead of full shots. Alternatively you can do weak shots like wine or things like Mike's Hard rather than liquor or vodka. If your opponent is a pussy and saying "I can't take any more shots" or "I am getting too fucked up" you can show your masculinity by taking some of their shots for them on top of your own!

You're welcome
100% playing this game tomorrow at my 4th of July party (I know it's late but everyone was busy last weekend).

I'll report here the results.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
We always called it high low or up the river in michigan, goddamn this brings back some memories and depression realizing how old I am.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
King's explanation of the game.
There is a version of this game that's very popular in the Netherlands, we call it 'bussen' and the rules differ from person to person but here's the version me and my friends play:
You can play with as many people as you like and the game starts of like king's game does (the game takes considerably longer and there are a lot more shots so you might not want to do entire shots).

After everyone has 4 cards a few rows of cards get put down on the table face down. You place them like a pyramid so there is a row of 5 cards with a row of 4 cards above it etc.
You can do as many rows as you want and the number depends on how many people you play with.

The cards all get turned around and when a card that turns around matches one of your four cards (for example you have a queen and there is one on the table) you get to make someone take a shot.

If a card matches the five row one you get to give out one shot and in the four row one two shots etc.

When the last card is turned around the person with the most cards on hand is 'in de bus'. If players have the same amount of cards they rock paper scissors to not be in it.

The bus is rough you can get absolutely shitfaced with bad luck.
6 cards get put down face down and 1 face up. With each card the person in the bus has to guess if the next card will be higher or lower. A card gets placed on top and if the person is right he gets to move on to the next card. If he's wrong he has to drink. If you guess wrong at any point you have to go back to the first card and do it all over again.

The game is a bit complicated but it's good fun and screwing someone over makes for some funny stories.
Good luck!

edited it to make it more readable