What's new

MY MKX PATCH WISH LIST FOR KP2 (POST YOURS)

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
A-List: Close the gap betwween 1 1 3 nutpunch. Close the gap between nutpunch into ex nutpunch. Slightly faster overhead. Ex forceballs more plus on block. 33% damage buff. Stunt Double: Fix whiffing issues. Make mimic recharge 3 seconds or add 3 clones instead of two. Stunt double forceeball projectiles are now a mid or become faster. Fisticuffs: B1212 string reverted back to 0 on block. Close the gap between b1212 string. Less pushback on b1212 string. Fistbump as fast as liu kangs flame buff in flame fist. Last at least 15 seconds. 1 1 4 string into ex fistbump now plus on block. Ex fist bump last 25 seconds. 1 1 3 into fistbump makes the string safer on block. Fistbump now is a chip damage buff and also a slight damage buff. THESE ARE RIDICULOUS AND MOST PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN BUT I CAN DREAM. BUT IF NOT #BUFFQUANCHI
For A-List I would feel lucky if he goes through this patch untouched...
The 3 seconds recharge for SD clones would make him broken, also the 3 clones xD

Fisticuffs speedbag back to 0 wouldn't be crazy, but honestly I doubt it happens. I would be happy with a -2 on block and the startup back to 9.
I would put the gap after the third hit instead of the second one. It's absurd you have to be scared of doing more than two reps of the string...
I agree with the Fistbump/ EX Fistbump stuff, this variation is asking desperately for this resource (though 25 seconds is excessive, man..xD).

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
For A-List I would feel lucky if he goes through this patch untouched...
The 3 seconds recharge for SD clones would make him broken, also the 3 clones xD

Fisticuffs speedbag back to 0 wouldn't be crazy, but honestly I doubt it happens. I would be happy with a -2 on block and the startup back to 9.
I would put the gap after the third hit instead of the second one. It's absurd you have to be scared of doing more than two reps of the string...
I agree with the Fistbump/ EX Fistbump stuff, this variation is asking desperately for this resource (though 25 seconds is excessive, man..xD).
Liu Kang flame fists does all of what I listed for fc buffs

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Liu Kang flame fists does all of what I listed for fc buffs
Yes, but his buff does not last for 25 seconds...

I agree with Fisti becoming some sort of Flame Fist Liu, but more chip damage oriented. Right now the variation seems like unfinished, like beta or something xD

Espio

Kokomo
Updated for final thoughts before the start of the new year and we see KP2!

I added Kano. I knew I forgot someone. Everyone else who I do not have on the list I think is 100% fine.
I absolutely love your changes for Goro and Kitana, great to see some fresh ideas and attention to things that are fun changes that also have quality of life applications.

The ex fireball absorbing other projectiles is a nice counter zoning idea that will be fair since the speed of the projectile isn't anything crazy.

Making Kitana's variation specific string actually have a unique purpose is great as I feel that any variation specific tools should have at least some preferred utility.

Good updates from the last time I looked at this list.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Updated for final thoughts before the start of the new year and we see KP2!

I added Kano. I knew I forgot someone. Everyone else who I do not have on the list I think is 100% fine.
REO, do you mind me asking about your reasoning behind the buffs you would give Venomous? I wasn't too sure of it at first, but it would definitely add some new layers. I can see it being pretty scary, in fact. Did you do the math/look at the venom damage chart? Using the level of poison throw currently has would make her regular throw 17.5%. If you landed another throw immediately after that, they would together do roughly 38.5% damage total (before scaling the ticks that happen during the throw animation). Definitely not bad for landing 2 throws.

More importantly than that, it sets a place for bonus damage to start stacking up off of a hard knockdown in general. Right now there's basically no point in going for anything but restands except off 212 and arguably njp and f34. I think this would open up a whole new way to play the variation, honestly.

The more I think about it, the better it seems.

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Shinnok:
  • Standing 3 (Universal) - I would love it if '3' was made into a low because it would deter people from trying to fuzzy block Shinnok. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely use other strategies such as delaying the low, going in for a throw, or simply trying to throw off their timing, but standing 3 leads into great damage in the corner and it would just be another nice thing for Shinnok to have going for him
  • Amulet Strike (Necromancer/Impostor) - I have already mentioned this in other threads, but Shinnok's Amulet Strike would be more effective if it had decreased start-up frames and decreased recovery frames. I try to use it from time to time on projectiles but it is difficult to time and not really effective. It is only +2 on hit and -10 on block.

Reactions: REO

REO

Undead
I absolutely love your changes for Goro and Kitana, great to see some fresh ideas and attention to things that are fun changes that also have quality of life applications.

The ex fireball absorbing other projectiles is a nice counter zoning idea that will be fair since the speed of the projectile isn't anything crazy.

Making Kitana's variation specific string actually have a unique purpose is great as I feel that any variation specific tools should have at least some preferred utility.

Good updates from the last time I looked at this list.
Thanks. I know a lot of Kitana players want their F+2 to be overhead but I think that would way too much for the kind of character she's meant to be. Giving it to Assassin and only with her sharpen active seems like the most fair way to address that.

I'm curious as to what your changes for Goro would be since you've been a Goro main from the beginning. I like hearing everyone's opinions on what they would change because you hear some really good ideas or think of some stuff you probably wouldn't have.

REO, do you mind me asking about your reasoning behind the buffs you would give Venomous? I wasn't too sure of it at first, but it would definitely add some new layers. I can see it being pretty scary, in fact. Did you do the math/look at the venom damage chart? Using the level of poison throw currently has would make her regular throw 17.5%. If you landed another throw immediately after that, they would together do roughly 38.5% damage total (before scaling the ticks that happen during the throw animation). Definitely not bad for landing 2 throws.

More importantly than that, it sets a place for bonus damage to start stacking up off of a hard knockdown in general. Right now there's basically no point in going for anything but restands except off 212 and arguably njp and f34. I think this would open up a whole new way to play the variation, honestly.

The more I think about it, the better it seems.
Basically for the reasons you mentioned. But I also feel Venomous needs help in a way that can make it more effective than just "yolo 50/50 " into spray. The grab ticking on all different points would boost her offense and defense by giving her a threatening reversal punish in the form of a grab, and another layer on top of her 50/50 with damaging throws. It would also introduce more effective elements into her game like ending combos in a 50/50 unbreakable Throw to rack up more poison and acquire a hard knockdown. (like you mentioned). I think it's all this variation really needs to be complete and scary.

joeldm

Noob
Ferra/Torr

All
-D2 now has 15 frames of start-up

Lackey
-B2 now has 19 frames of start-up, this movement should be quicker this variation.
-1,1,2+4 e 4,2+4 - better recovery must allow combo in midscreen and corner, it is possible to make combos in the corner with these strings but time is very short.
-Bolder Roll - more range, we can punish Hell Sparks after blocking, and less recovery time.
-Bolder Roll EX - less recovery time.
-Torryuken - more collision region, today the only point of collision is his hand, and less recovery time.
-Torryuken EX - the second hit should always connect.
-Back Breaker - DF2 instead of DBF1
-Boulder Roll - BF4 instead of BF2, so not to leave 2 with many special moves

Kano

All
- 1 and d3 now has 7 frames of start-up
- D1 now -5 on block.
- 1,1,2 gap removed

Commando
- Add B2 e B2, 3 of Cybernetic

Erron Black
- D3 now has 9 frames of start-up

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
kenjutsu with the aid of sento stancecancels would compliment his meter dependency. The cancels won't be on the likes of liu kang jailing but more so on the same lvl as HWjax rocket cancel pressure. Sento stance by itself would be the safe overhead move (-5) if you decide to let it rip. (Or allow df1 to be run cancelled threw Sento stance.)

Example of this stance in action would look like this

11xx Sento stancerc b3 Sento stance slash

3,1xx Sento stance rc 3,1,1 or 3,1 xx Sento stance slash

Mix in standing 1 pressure, grabs and staggers

On hit if 3,2 was a launcher he could have new combo potential for example:

111xx Sento rc 3,2 run 4,3 xx bf3 or db4

As you can see. Not only aiding his meter woes but also his mix up potential and gives the variation exclusive string 3,1,1 more utility.

But with that being said kenshi as a whole needs help in important areas and I understand that these are luxury buffs that will probably never happen.

NRS#KARMA CANCELS 2016

@YOMI REO I really like your thinking! You should work for NRS :) I do want to touch on the Reptile changes since I'm a Reptile main.

Noxious is the variant that needs help in my opinion. It's just the least impressive, but has such a cool idea behind it! I think your idea is a good start, but if they didn't want to change that at all, they could add ticking damage to the acid spit and puddle or even change how the Enhanced Poison Gas works. I think it should be normalized like this:

Toxic Fumes
Decreased amount of range and length of time it lasts. However, it is active even when being hit.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
kenjutsu with the aid of sento stancecancels would compliment his meter dependency. The cancels won't be on the likes of liu kang jailing but more so on the same lvl as HWjax rocket cancel pressure. Sento stance by itself would be the safe overhead move (-5) if you decide to let it rip. (Or allow df1 to be run cancelled threw Sento stance.)

Example of this stance in action would look like this

11xx Sento stancerc b3 Sento stance slash

3,1xx Sento stance rc 3,1,1 or 3,1 xx Sento stance slash

Mix in standing 1 pressure, grabs and staggers

On hit if 3,2 was a launcher he could have new combo potential for example:

111xx Sento rc 3,2 run 4,3 xx bf3 or db4

As you can see. Not only aiding his meter woes but also his mix up potential and gives the variation exclusive string 3,1,1 more utility.

But with that being said kenshi as a whole needs help in important areas and I understand that these are luxury buffs that will probably never happen.

NRS#KARMA CANCELS 2016
pardon my ignorance but, what is sento stance?

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Finally someone that's thought about what can be do to quan not just saying yeah let's just make the low bat a mid. Also your ideas for balanced kenshi would be awesome.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
only couple of things I would want changed

Jacqui
33,bf2 ~run 4,bf4 to combo in either stance
Better normals (Don't really know only just started playing her don't got the neutral down but from a glance that is what it looks like)

Jason
Allow him to choose the direction he throws you after he command grabs you.
Better normals to move him away from a one string character.

@YOMI REO

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I'll re-post this here:

Unstoppable Jason buffs that would make him viable-

1) Double the duration of Punishment.

2) Double the health gained back from Ex-Rise (from 5% to 10%). Leave the standard (meter-less) version as is.

3) Give Unstoppable Killing Machine.

The first two are mandatory, while the third one is debatable. (I personally don't see a good reason why Unstoppable doesn't have killing machine)

Yobotnorot

I shape bones, pierce hearts, and spray venom
I agree with a lot of this post . I strongly believe Tanya needs to have less guaranteed block pressure . That's an obvious issue .. I don't think mileena needs any buffs but it would be ideal to have ball roll be a low hit .. Of everything you said I really agreed with the altered animation for any back throw, although I don't think it will happen. I think it would also only make sense for cryomancer to have his sword for njp similar to an erron black . Tell me what you think ?

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
General Gameplay:
- Block Breakers now cost one bar of super meter and all of your energy meter
I think your patch list is very well thought out and I agree with just about all of it. With that said, this is one thing I was initially for, but when I think about it I wonder if it could be more harmful than good. In my mind, a cheaper block breaker would help alot in a game that's as offensively leaning as MKX to give characters a more viable get-off-me tool, but I worry aggressive characters that build meter well - Kung Lao, Tanya, Liu Kang, D'Vorah - would benefit the most. Of those characters at least 3 are pretty much undisputed top 5, and their meter building abilities would pretty much ensure that they'll always have the resources to block break out of pressure when the opponent gets the chance, allowing them to pressure, build defensive tools, and then when they mess up / the opponent earns a pressure opportunity, they can just breaker out and use their superior neutral to re-establish their pressure game... rinse and repeat.

This is obviously just theory stuff and a worry that might even prove false if one bar block breakers are implemented, but I think there is reason to believe that it could be something that actually reinforces the status quo instead of altering it. What's your take (or anyone else's for that matter) on this?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I just want things like Kung Lao j2 and Kung Jin j2 done on the way up into blockstrings to not jail... it doesn't make sense that if I block a move on the way UP from a jump that it would still have enough blockstun that I can't move, backdash, or armor through the followup.

I do agree with Block Breaker being 1 bar meter+stamina... it's pretty ridiculous what that costs to use now.

... oh, and please buff Tanya DN... good lord, the overall nerfs to the character before absolutely destroyed this variation. Give her some damage back at least...

Also, is Tanya's Xray fixed where it breaks armor now like it should?

This with Assassin Kitana needs be fixed as well...

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now causes all skull type projectiles and runes to drain super meter on block.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now slightly reduces the recovery of a skull projectile done in the air when landing.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now causes AIR Skull projectiles to hit Overhead instead of mid.
- D,D+1 Black Magic circle now causes all versions of Ground Burst (D,B+1) to hit Low instead of mid.
Holy shit, no thank you.

Azmodeus

The harder I work, the luckier I get
Quan Chi can only summon the bat once while during a combo.
this is already in effect, if the quan chi player manages to keep a bat for the start of a combo, they should be rewarded for it, they can only summon a bat after a late NJP or trance as of right now. I'd kinda like to see the bat/oh sword combo hit mid if they are within 5 frames as a nerf to summoner, not something that will neuter damage and force summoners to always go for the vortex.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I 100% agree with the Mileena changes.
The D1 and air sai changes are a MUST imo. And honestly that's all I want.
The low pounce being an overhead in Ravenous would be great but I would be happy if they make it a tick throw off F12 only.
And the EX sais jailing on block would be amazing too.