What's new

MY MKX PATCH WISH LIST FOR KP2 (POST YOURS)

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
The hit reaction on Kung Jin's Forward 2 needs to be changed.
This is a move that bojutsu king jin cannot use the max range of, ex bow spin will whiff at max range, and the F2 4 string whiffs horribly. It's a counter productive move in many cases.
Changing the hit reaction to keep the opponent standing still instead of moving backwards would also give Shaolin Kung Jin the opportunity to use low chakram in max range F2 combos instead, buffing his max range overhead damage by 3-4%!

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

- Make All Jump ins easier to AA instead of nerfing KL jumping 2, all you need is maybe a bigger hurtbox on all jump ins. KL jumping 2 is not the only character that has good range on his jump ins, Kotal Kahn jump in 1 has full screen range and is 2 frame faster than KLs.
Hey, you! Yeah, you! Leave Kotal's j1 out of this. It's awful! AWFUL, I TELL YOU.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
i really dont care about the rest but that quan chi summoner would probably destroy quan chi as using the bat will already scale his combos but if you can only summon it once ber combo what would be the point as thats why we pick him so we can use the bat more than once in his combos. His lows are already hard to combo off of unless your up in the opponents face and i wouldnt mind too much if they increased the frames on back 2 but id rather have damage scaling the bat rather than once per combo but thats my opinion

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
i also think the range on kung jins njp should be reduced considering he basically can njp you from half the screen away(exaggeration)

mattnin

Noob
Blood God blood totem not giving meter would be nice but it still probably won't get used much because it goes away on hit

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
A-List: Close the gap betwween 1 1 3 nutpunch. Close the gap between nutpunch into ex nutpunch. Slightly faster overhead. Ex forceballs more plus on block. 33% damage buff. Stunt Double: Fix whiffing issues. Make mimic recharge 3 seconds or add 3 clones instead of two. Stunt double forceeball projectiles are now a mid or become faster. Fisticuffs: B1212 string reverted back to 0 on block. Close the gap between b1212 string. Less pushback on b1212 string. Fistbump as fast as liu kangs flame buff in flame fist. Last at least 15 seconds. 1 1 4 string into ex fistbump now plus on block. Ex fist bump last 25 seconds. 1 1 3 into fistbump makes the string safer on block. Fistbump now is a chip damage buff and also a slight damage buff. THESE ARE RIDICULOUS AND MOST PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN BUT I CAN DREAM. BUT IF NOT #BUFFQUANCHI

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
A-List: Close the gap betwween 1 1 3 nutpunch. Close the gap between nutpunch into ex nutpunch. Slightly faster overhead. Ex forceballs more plus on block. 33% damage buff. Stunt Double: Fix whiffing issues. Make mimic recharge 3 seconds or add 3 clones instead of two. Stunt double forceeball projectiles are now a mid or become faster. Fisticuffs: B1212 string reverted back to 0 on block. Close the gap between b1212 string. Less pushback on b1212 string. Fistbump as fast as liu kangs flame buff in flame fist. Last at least 15 seconds. 1 1 4 string into ex fistbump now plus on block. Ex fist bump last 25 seconds. 1 1 3 into fistbump makes the string safer on block. Fistbump now is a chip damage buff and also a slight damage buff. THESE ARE RIDICULOUS AND MOST PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN BUT I CAN DREAM. BUT IF NOT #BUFFQUANCHI
Lol your a mad man

These are all WAY too much

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
Quan Chi will get Lau's Tempest Hat Spin but the ex version will be unblockable and give him meter while costing no meter.
Jason will get nerfed .
Kung Lao (all variations) will get MASSIVE BUFFS-To many to list.
High Tech Jacqui will lose reach on all of her normals along with reflect receiving more recovery.
Aaaaand thats it:)

N00B

Noob
i dont wanna cry about nerfs like most of ppls, if it aint broke dont fix it.
My buffs wish list for every characters is fixing all hitbox issues whiffs, bugs e.t.c.

Who needs buffs in my humble opinion is Raiden, Kung Lao(buzz saw, hat trick), Sub Zero, Liu Kang(dualist), Johnny Cage(fisticuffs), Kenshi, Scorpion, Kano, Shinnok(impostor, necromancer) Kotal Kahn (blood god), Erron Black (marksman), Kung Jin (ancestral), Jason.

For example you already know Raiden's problems, but i say it again: b12 and f2 hitbox issue needs to be fixed, f2 should be 9 frames and also hitbox issue needs to be fixed, 10 frames d4 and maybe f1 should be 5 frames (bcuz why not Raiden will be only one character who have 5 frame high). And he needs more damage on his electric strings on hit and old chip damage, and also electric string should be -5 on block.

And Kung Lao needs some help for example b1 should be 8 frames -4 on block , b1 and b12 hitbox issue needs to be fixed, 112124 also has hitbox issue (it whifs even on standing characters), s1 should be 6 frames, 1+1 should be 8 frames, 11212 should be 5 frames, f3 should be 12 frames -2 on block, f34(gap btw f3 gap 4 needs to be removed and its should be 15 frames +2 on block) , f4 should be 11 frame s -6 on block, 13 frames b3, thats help to hat trick and buzz saw and variationless and nerfs for jump 2 range, damage nerf on 5% but not after 2 frame link, reg hat -5, ex hat +10. Hat trick hat whiffs needs to be fixed too.

Johnny Cage also needs buffs, In fisticuffs variation b1 should be 8 frame and better hitbox that would be good and he needs more damage buff when he has 10% health, and also he has hitbox issues which needs to be fixed .

Last edited:

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
The hit reaction on Kung Jin's Forward 2 needs to be changed.
This is a move that bojutsu king jin cannot use the max range of, ex bow spin will whiff at mac range, and the F2 4 string whiffs horribly. It's a counter productive move in many cases.
Changing the hit reaction to keep the opponent standing still instead of moving backwards would also give Shaolin Kung Jin the opportunity to use low chakram in max ranger F2 combos instead, buffing his max range overhead damage by 3-4%!
Agreed, and I want to say in general that I believe all of the Kung Jin nerf suggestions both in the OP and in the responses in this thread are completely unwarranted. Kung Jin was already significantly nerfed once and since then has not had any significant tournament victories. Good players know how to regularly block and punish NJP. There is no reason to nerf the hitbox of his Ji1 or Ji2 (as suggested in the OP). No one even considers KJ top 10 anymore, if anything he could use a few improvements (reduce recovery on low chakrams, reduce D2 from 11 frames to 8 or 9 frames, reduce startup on upkick in shaolin, for example).

Commando Kano - parry has less recovery frames or more active frames for the parry. Power Bomb and Rib Breaker turn into launchers that can lead to about 25-29 percent
Lacey Torr - Back Breaker and Colossal Crush throws the opponent too far for a character that doesnt have a projectile. which puts torr in a horrible situation. wake up Charge And Smash causes Torr to run the opposite way.
Metallic Tremor - Magma Blast or Magma Blast and Magma Shatter need more hit advantage. nothing is guaranteed off of the re stand with the current build
Venomous D'vorah - Low Ovipos Swipe becomes a combo starter. the combo does 12% damage and knocks down. following hits are mids. -15 on block.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Tanya can now teleport cancel with invincibility frames between each recka

She is now plus 5 after each tele cancel

She can special cancel after each recka also

Tanya gains new ability to parry which buffs her chip damage and speed for 13 seconds

Tanya also gains the ability to change each recka to wait her being and overhead or a low. (Low. Overhead low recka)
Overhead. Overhead low recka)
(Low overhead overhead

Gisbert

I will freeze your soul
@YOMI REO
Raiden:
- Electrocute can be EX after hit (Like JC nut punch in A List)
- F1 mid instead high
Sub Zero:
- B2 is safe (Give some love to GM :) )
Kung Lao:
- Adjust hitbox of jp 2
- Normalize the teleport options, ie if you guess and crouch without block you cannot be hit by any of his moves and can punish all.
- Adjust range of cyclone
Jason:
- b42 is safe on block
Scorpion
- Low minion cannot grab when your opponent is running, only using bar.
Reptile
- b12 needs more recovery on block
Quan Chi
- Normalize the use of the bat to avoid vortex

Reactions: REO