What's new

My last attempt at an accurate community tier list.

ok, so now it looks like this...

S+:
Kabal

S:
Kenshi, Sonya, Smoke, Freddy, JAX

A+:
Kitana, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Sektor, Reptile, Cyrax, Shang Tsung, Raiden, Ermac, Mileena

A-:
Quan Chi, Skarlet

A:
Rain, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Sub-Zero

B:
CSZ, Stryker, Sindel

C:
Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Baraka, Sheeva, Jade, Kano

should Kitana be moved to S? i'm trying to get a list that the community can finally agree on, well at least MOST of the community lol. please share your input, is kitana fine where she is or does she belong in S? from most of the feedback, this list seems 99% correct for most so if kitana's placement is now the issue please let me know so i can change it r leave it and we can FINALLY agree on a tier list. please understand that this is not a "Tom Brady says" tier list, its a community tier ist, which is why I am taking every MU chart, and opinion into consideration. I'm trying to make this as much as a community thing as possible.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

S+:
Kabal

S:

A+:
Kitana, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Sektor, Reptile, Cyrax, Shang Tsung, Raiden, Ermac, Mileena

A-:
Quan Chi, Skarlet

A:

B:
CSZ, Stryker, Sindel

C:

should Kitana be moved to S? i'm trying to get a list that the community can finally agree on, well at least MOST of the community lol. please share your input, is kitana fine where she is or does she belong in S. from most of the feedback, this list seems 99% correct for most so if kitana's placement is now the issue please let me know so i can change it r leave it and we can FINALLY agree on a tier list.
This isnt in particular order right ? Imo Kitana is fine at A+ tier placement.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I mostly agree with just small disagreements here and there, but Kitana being moved to S would be very hard to believe.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I think Kitana is good myself. I'm glad that SZ moved up, Ermac is really high, I like it.

I really agree with this list.

This isnt in particular order right ? Imo Kitana is fine at A+ tier placement.
no, not any true particular order, just kinda a "somewhere near or around here" kind of order but no TRUE order.

Dizzy please let me know what the small things are, I'm really trying to make this as accurate as possible.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

S+:
Kabal

S:

A+:

A-:
Quan Chi, Skarlet

A:

B:
CSZ, Stryker, Sindel

C:
I agreed with this more than the first post. I like that you moved skarlet up a tier to quan. When you were describing quan I was thinking the same thing about skarlet the whole time. When she has meter she can become s+ tier in an instant by making you guess between a block infinate and an overhead into reset. Without meter she is UN FISH (lol).

Nw placement is on point too.

And just Because I know he is getting tons of alerts
Tom Brady
Tom Brady
Tom Brady
Tom Brady
Tom Brady

Theres just one thing Im really iffy about is Kenshi placement. This character sounds like "character of the month" just like how Jax, raiden, kitana used to be "character of the month".

Kenshi has the POTENTIAL to lose to Noob, reptile, raiden, Kl, smoke, Kabal. I just feel this sounds like the same situation that Kitana "top 3" had gone through

Kitana is correct however.

Really good work, Tom. This was also a really positive tier list.

Is there any hope that I can convince you Noob isn't C tier? :p

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Theres just one thing Im really iffy about is Kenshi placement. This character sounds like "character of the month" just like how Jax, raiden, kitana used to be "character of the month".

Kenshi has the POTENTIAL to lose to Noob, reptile, raiden, Kl, smoke, Kabal. I just feel this sounds like the same situation that Kitana "top 3" had gone through

Kitana is correct however.
Jax and Raiden were not characters of the month, they were S+++ tier or "the most solid with the least bad match-ups" characters of the month.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I told my friends that blocking might be one of the worst things you can do against quan and skarlet. Her EX dagger trap builds more meter and does more damage than quan runes. The difference being quan can continue to rune trap for however much meter he has and skarlet cannot. Good list, and as all lists should be, its just a loose guideline, only semi-definitive of character viability.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It looks like the updated list shifted NW up slightly which was one gripe with the first page.

I feel mileena could be moved down. I feel like she's another one of those "life lead" chars and doesn't have that great of offense. A lot of her offensive gimmicks are risky. Being a JC main may effect my bias on this, but talking to other people about it they felt the same way.

Jax being S tier is something debatable as well. I don't see him having tools that set him apart from A+ tier aside from the corner loop. I see his corner loop the thing that could put him from A+ to S.

What I really like about this tierlist is it shows that "top 10" discussion is dumb because the A+ tier is so large.

The main reason I didn't bring these up is because I acknowledge it is debatable and I don't feel strongly about them being moved. Kitana being S is something I would definitely disagree with, the changes above I could accept them not being made if there was explanations to their placement.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
A Skarlet who is always keep meter will always be S+, she build meter so fast that it will not even matter lol. I agree with this tier list, this is definitely at the minimum where she stands along with the cast. Also agree with the placement of NW and Subby

S+:
Kabal

S:

A+:

A-:
Quan Chi, Skarlet

A:

B:
CSZ, Stryker, Sindel, Noob Saibot, Scorpion

C:
Baraka, Sheeva, Jade, Kano

updated... thoughts?

Dizzy i'm actually going to live stream a tier list Q&A tonight lol to explain in more detail. I just wanna wrap up the tier discussions and 99999 top 10 with 20 characters listed discussions. just wanna get an accepted tier list so we can put this behind us.

NKZero

Noob
I think Raiden should be a tier higher but since the majority disagree then it wouldn't be right to put him there. Lao and Cage imo should go up a tier as well while Jax goes down. Maybe Ermac down one as well.

S+:
Kabal

S:

A+:

A-:
Quan Chi, Skarlet

A:

B:
CSZ, Stryker, Sindel, Noob Saibot, Scorpion

C:
Baraka, Sheeva, Jade, Kano

updated... thoughts?

Dizzy i'm actually going to live stream a tier list Q&A tonight lol to explain in more detail. I just wanna wrap up the tier discussions and 99999 top 10 with 20 characters listed discussions. just wanna get an accepted tier list so we can put this behind us.
You are my freaking hero. UNFISH FOR LIFE.

ermac and mileena in A- or stay in A+? come on guys, i think we're getting pretty close. the A- tier was originally quan chi tier but it can be for those characters who are on the fence between top and mid.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
ermac and mileena in A- or stay in A+? come on guys, i think we're getting pretty close. the A- tier was originally quan chi tier but it can be for those characters who are on the fence between top and mid.
I would say leave Ermac where he is. He has the tools to win all of his MU's after all. Good pokes, one of the best punishers in the game, very high damage output, good meter building, not meter dependand to get his damage going, average normals with some being +f on block. The only thing he lacks is armor, which is compensated by his fast down pokes and the range they have. And yes i know his d1 and d3 are -13f and -11f but that doesnt mean that they suck. Kitana's d1 is extremely punishable on block too. His d3 has ALMOST the same range with Kitana's d1 and it has pretty good recovery also.

Post edited.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
is really Kano that Shitty? I don't play him, but i find his 212 annoying as hell, allong with his followups on block besides the string be neutral on block