What's new

My last attempt at an accurate community tier list.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Nice video, and I agree with most of what you said.

What I don't get, and excuse me if I'm a bit naive, is why people take offense or insult in their characters being ranked high on the tier list? At the end of the day, the way I see it, it's how the player controls/plays a given character is what should count. I guess what I'm getting at is what I think Pig Of The Hut was getting at earlier: A player tier. It's an equally valid dimension to classify and compare skill, although a lot more controversial and perhaps a bit 'touchy' too.

In any case, nice tier list and video.

Cheers,

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
very nice list tom

also agree with mileena being around #15-16 area

im sure it obvious to alot of people id say this but i think baraka belongs in the B group rather than C, hes just as good as the B ranked chars, he is the ultimate un-fish lol.
kinda feel scorpion in B aswell but i wouldnt bet my house on it like i would with baraka

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I know you took a long break from the forums, but making insane top 5 posts is just... giggles. I wanted to do one for Scorpion purely for the lulz.
Just face it Enenra, you got called out on this one.

Seems decently accurate. Scorpion should be higher, bad footsies or no, void, vortex and high damage at least makes him an unfish.

Sub is A tier. B tier midscreen, A+ to S tier in the corner. Average it out......A tier.

Thank you for finally putting Quan Chi in his own tier. That char is fucked up lol

I've never heard a decent reptile player say he is bad.

Myself thtb, joker, snips, seapeople, rapizilla, showtime etc etc all say he is good.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
just one last thing.

chance, ive asked loling before and if he does d3 shadowkick its to keep you playing footsies and catch people jumping after his pokes. if he gets poked back he doesnt care, hes still playing footsies and thats what he wants as jade
You can't play footsies if you lead with d3's the whole time tho, she has no follow up. It's d3 then you get poked back. There is no need to Jump. I really can't argue with his results in tournament tho lol.

See, heres the problem d3 (block) you can now get poked, and if he shadow kicks the opponent can just go neutral if it gets predictable and uppercut all day.

If he d3 (block) 1,2's you can poke after the d3, but also the 1 is duckable and can be uppercut all day. She has no great followups after her pokes that can't be exploited. She needs a true mid hitting combo starter.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I've never heard a decent reptile player say he is bad.

Myself thtb, joker, snips, seapeople, rapizilla, showtime etc etc all say he is good.
He's probably the most adaptable charcter to any situation in the game.

Good zoning, counter zoning, footsies, rushdown, meter building and IMO the best EX specials out of any character.

So damn versatile.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Best list i've seen, near flawless

honestly i think baraka is on the same level as Stryker and Nightwolf. If i absolutely had to change something i'd move him up to (B) and make sheeva have her own tier. Otherwise perfect imo.

Great job Tom Brady, Welcome Back?!
Thank you. Yes, he is not bottom 5 anymore, bottom 8 maybe, but not bottom 5.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Kenshi may or may not be a bad mu, it is still an iffy issue. However, on paper it seems that reptile controls the match. If reptile make one correct read and do dash JIP thats 40%, however one correct read of kenshi is only 8% or so. And reptile has fb to get in easy. Kenshi has better tools at jumping distance for sure.

Sure kenshi has spirit charge, but one wrong read of down slash, tele combo, upslash is 40%. And no..... Reptile has the best mobility in the game, what are you talking about.
Ahhh. I see. Well, I was wrong. Cool to know. For clarification, I was more talking about his dash speed, but I do appreciate the clarification. Thanks.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I don't think some people understand a tier list, which is what causes all the drama. Lets say a matchup is in favor of a character 7-3. In a tournament it's possible for the losing character to win because he/she can win some rounds. It's not impossible, nor is it a first to 10. The losing character could cause an upset, but get blown up the next 5 games if they were to continue to play. That is not the case however.

Those wins come down to the player making the best possible reads at the moment.

D

Deleted member 9158

Quan-chi is so badass that he falls into every tier. BOW DOWN TO THE CHEEZ!

Mr. Mileena she is an un-fish not a fish. didnt think of skunk lol, thats a good one.

on the whole jade argument. I never said she is the worst, BUT.. she is not better then
Sub-Zero, CSZ, Nightwolf, Sindel, or Stryker so there is no way she was going into B. I listed only two things because i was responding to the "safe armor" comment. all of the jade points are based more on opponent ignorance rather then solidarity of the character.

Skarlet.. i'll move her up to A-.. i got a few PMs and i see how her block trap can be almost quan chi like when she has meter.

i know people say sub-zero is higher.. look, he is probably around #20-21, 19 at the absolute highest. being in the bottom 11-12 makes you bottom of the mid. there is NO WAY you can put sub any higher then 20. nightwolf falls into the same basket. If nightwolf players have great showings, its way more player skill then it is character. Come jr, you should know that lol. where you are you have to here that jax is th ebest every day. obviously he isnt, but sometimes you make him look like he may be lol. thats you, not jax. i'll but sub and NW in the bottom of A, but they still hover around the #20 mark.