What's new

Question - Spectral My issues with Spectral

Nausea

Soul Ascended
I also notice that B3~ flight can only link to air 3 mid screen, I'm afraid of doing air 34 because it's very hard for the 4 to hit, so after B3 my only safe option is pretty much B3 ~ flight air 3 D3 for a nice 20%, I don't want to yolo air 3 teleport lol
B3, SA, 3 is a tight link but plenty of practice are you can get it dialed but don't go for the 4 after it, it always whiffs lol. Once you get B3, SA, 3 dialed, confirming the DB4 is fine. Its on you to know whats good to do be it a DB4, D3 or simply flying back/forward etc.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Fuck it, perfect logic 10/10 Ermac is S-tier and everyone playing him is just bad at the game (and everyone playing against him is top dog) the points I listed why I think he absolute can not be S-tier have been perfectly invalidated. I apologize on behalf of the Ermac community and next time an online platform for sharing information requests constructive criticism stemming from experience I will think twice (!) about spewing foul nonsense. I'm just a massive downplayer who isn't on the edge of abandoning a completely 100% fair competitive fighting game (even though I've been pushing for balance since release which you can check out yourself in my posting history).
On to the top, Spectral, two of the most established tournament players in the biggest competitive scene in the world think you got it in you, pull out your hair when you lose cause you broken af !
apology accepted, as long as you refrain from ever posting about characters you know nothing about ever again

Nausea

Soul Ascended
My issue : The flight wont come out sometimes (even after changing the inputs)
The window off of F4/B3 is really easy once you get it a few times in a row!. Just input, for example, F4 and then input D and U+BLK at the same time immediately after it. You should get it soon!

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
apology accepted, as long as you refrain from ever posting about characters you know nothing about ever again
It's funny how TYM has to resort to throwing empty personal accussations instead of argumenting clear-cut points being brought up (and then proceeds getting support from friends who do the same thing).
You won't have to worry about me not sharing information, this board is still lacking tech/frame knowledge that's potentially months away (if ever at all) from discovering (spoiler: it still doesn't make up for his awful neutral), but you're right, I don't know anything about my day 1 main who I've - almost exclusively - played on a high level.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
It's funny how TYM has to resort to throwing empty personal accussations instead of argumenting clear-cut points being brought up (and then proceeds getting support from friends who do the same thing).
You won't have to worry about me not sharing information, this board is still lacking tech/frame knowledge that's potentially months away (if ever at all) from discovering (spoiler: it still doesn't make up for his awful neutral), but you're right, I don't know anything about my day 1 main who I've - almost exclusively - played on a high level.
im beginning to think your apology was insincere

omooba

fear the moobs
37-35 guranteed 50/50 vortex
40% punish
44% corner 50/50
35% full screen hit confirm
33%+ full screen teleport into guaranteed 50/50 vortex
ALL METERLESS
nothing beats MoS
next time an online platform for sharing information requests constructive criticism stemming from experience I will think twice (!) about spewing foul nonsense.
slightly dramatic
- F4/B3 into SA should give you enough time to decide what you are going to do to be honest.
that's soooo not true. you're telling me you can react to whether or not f4 hit to decide if you're moving forward or not fast enough to combo? bullshit

and ermac is a+ or s- imo only quarrel with him is he needs to commit to much but if i can master the teleport into b1 link i'll probably main him

Last edited:

Nausea

Soul Ascended
that's soooo not true. you're telling me you can react to whether or not f4 hit to decide if you're moving forward or not fast enough to combo? bullshit
I don't know what to say except that thats exactly what I'm saying. You should have a strat that you want to go for before hand anyway as well as checking the opponents stance during the frames F4/B3 are coming out. (Setting up with 1,1 on block before hand gives you extra frames as it is +2 and while thats happening, are they blocking high or low?) You should be able to make a safe enough read to know what to do next.

No need to call bullshit off the bat bro, i've been all over this shit like Brady on the clone and all it requires is good reactions and patience.

omooba

fear the moobs
next time an online platform for sharing information requests constructive criticism stemming from experience I will think twice (!) about spewing foul nonsense.
slightly dramatic
- F4/B3 into SA should give you enough time to decide what you are going to do to be honest.
I don't know what to say except that thats exactly what I'm saying. You should have a strat that you want to go for before hand anyway as well as checking the opponents stance during the frames F4/B3 are coming out. (Setting up with 1,1 on block before hand gives you extra frames as it is +2 and while thats happening, are they blocking high or low?) You should be able to make a safe enough read to know what to do next.

No need to call bullshit off the bat bro, i've been all over this shit like Brady on the clone and all it requires is good reactions and patience.
safe enough read is different from reacting. what i'm saying is you're basically telling me you can hitconfirm f4 and b3? please lemme see that 10/10 video proof

Nausea

Soul Ascended
safe enough read is different from reacting. what i'm saying is you're basically telling me you can hitconfirm f4 and b3? please lemme see that 10/10 video proof
Do you not react to make a read? Otherwise your making a hard read? :/ Yes. I'll try and get a video done if thats what you want later today.

omooba

fear the moobs
Do you not react to make a read? Otherwise your making a hard read? :/ Yes. I'll try and get a video done if thats what you want later today.
a 50/50 isn't a hard read a hard read is anti airing sub zero's dive kick with raiden's db2. a hard read is a read with very small odds of being right. this is slightly pointless we just disagree fundamentally and i don't wanna argue but if you can honeslty consistently react to f4 or b3 hitting you have godlike reactions

Nausea

Soul Ascended
a 50/50 isn't a hard read a hard read is anti airing sub zero's dive kick with raiden's db2. a hard read is a read with very small odds of being right. this is slightly pointless we just disagree fundamentally and i don't wanna argue but if you can honeslty consistently react to f4 or b3 hitting you have godlike reactions
I sere what you mean I just think its a terminology thing lol. I was talking about reacting to make the read. I was messing about this morning before I left the house and was managing to do it (relatively consistently as I was trying to wake up lol.)
B3, SA into the 3 the hardest to react to so instead if the B3 connects, you can just SA into EXDB4 to continue the combo instead of risking the timing on the SA, 3. Apart from that, the rest is just practice imo.
At the heart of it all, he is a really fun character to play! It's how you play him that makes him solid.
As long as you are enjoying the game is all that counts really lol.