What's new

Match-up Discussion My "Hey, why not" Scorpion matchup chart.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I don't get why people say that cyrax is really bad cause of his massive damage if you guess wrong in the vortex, but smoke get's a lot more damage yet is only 4:6 apparently

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't get why people say that cyrax is really bad cause of his massive damage if you guess wrong in the vortex, but smoke get's a lot more damage yet is only 4:6 apparently
I've played the with Mustard and he's proven that Cyrax is still one hell of a mental block for Scorpion even without resets (although he used them anyway just to rub it in lol), all Smoke is without resets is a safer version of Scorpion.

MIT's matchup chart is very honest.

Kitana might be a 3-7. Scorp is literally left with nothing but d4 against her. You try anything else and your begging to lose half life.
i got it 4-6 because she doesn't have the pressure of a character like cage/ sonya. If she could pressure me like them, then it'd be 7-3 for sure haha. It isn't an easy mu for sure, but alot more manageable than sonya and cage, those mus are just plain out annoying and stupid, and yep my chart is honest, if a player does well with scorpion, it's bcuz the player knows what to do to make scorpion work right.

you forget cyrax has these tools and i play a high lvl rax at home all the time and i've played krayzie's rax, noobe's rax, and maxter's rax, so i know him well and these tools are what separates him from smoke:
*command grab
*f2 (+11 on block)
*d4 (+16 on hit when opponent standing and +8 when they crouch)
*AA grab( can't jump at all on this haha)
* resets( easier to do than smokes)
*unbreakable dmg( can do like 40 percent while you can't break haha)
*wakeups( cyrax has better wakeup options/ safer ones)
*bombs( these babies are unblockable and lead to insane dmg and u can set up breaker traps and corner traps with them)
*footsies( not only does he have good normals, but a net can be used when someone whiffs something...... not cool when you whiff a d4 and get hit by a net haha)
*way better mixup game and also his buzzsaw is a pain and has super pushback.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
i got it 4-6 because she doesn't have the pressure of a character like cage/ sonya. If she could pressure me like them, then it'd be 7-3 for sure haha. It isn't an easy mu for sure, but alot more manageable than sonya and cage, those mus are just plain out annoying and stupid, and yep my chart is honest, if a player does well with scorpion, it's bcuz the player knows what to do to make scorpion work right.
I think you might've been right with Cage being 4-6 instead of 3-7 awhile back. At least with Cage I can keep him out a little bit and EX spear is pretty useful during his pressure unlike Sonya and Kitana. Sonya and Kitana just seem to get in whenever they want with their ridiculous footsie tools and they do a shit ton of damage if you guess wrong trying to keep them out. Either way, we agree with them being losing matchups I guess.

I think you might've been right with Cage being 4-6 instead of 3-7 awhile back. At least with Cage I can keep him out a little bit and EX spear is pretty useful during his pressure unlike Sonya and Kitana. Sonya and Kitana just seem to get in whenever they want with their ridiculous footsie tools and they do a shit ton of damage if you guess wrong trying to keep them out. Either way, we agree with them being losing matchups I guess.
yeah definitely, it is hard for scorpion out there haha, i'd love to use all scorpion in tournament, but man NRS jacked his ass up. It's great that we both can agree with my chart, because that is honestly what his chart should look like and maybe a few changes if necessary, and we'd have an optimal chart for him for sure.

ryublaze

Noob
MIT I like your chart it looks pretty accurate. I was wondering though about CSZ and Stryker. I don't play against them much but it seems like Scorpion would do well against those characters considering CSZ's bad pokes and ice ball being EX Speared and dive kick is (i think) punishable by spear, Stryker seems like u can just hellfire him all day lol. What are your thoughts on those MUs?

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Good thing about Scorpion is he always has a chance to win even if he has to be hella risky to get the job done. Some characters just don't have a realistic chance at the highest level. This character would be complete trash without his vortex.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I've played the with Mustard and he's proven that Cyrax is still one hell of a mental block for Scorpion even without resets (although he used them anyway just to rub it in lol), all Smoke is without resets is a safer version of Scorpion.
smoke doesn't have a high low mixup though

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
you forget cyrax has these tools and i play a high lvl rax at home all the time and i've played krayzie's rax, noobe's rax, and maxter's rax, so i know him well and these tools are what separates him from smoke:
*command grab
*f2 (+11 on block)
*d4 (+16 on hit when opponent standing and +8 when they crouch)
*AA grab( can't jump at all on this haha)
* resets( easier to do than smokes)
*unbreakable dmg( can do like 40 percent while you can't break haha)
*wakeups( cyrax has better wakeup options/ safer ones)
*bombs( these babies are unblockable and lead to insane dmg and u can set up breaker traps and corner traps with them)
*footsies( not only does he have good normals, but a net can be used when someone whiffs something...... not cool when you whiff a d4 and get hit by a net haha)
*way better mixup game and also his buzzsaw is a pain and has super pushback.
ok that's fair I'll accept that but you can't consider that cyrax's resets are easier into the equation, because matchup charts are at the highest level and at the highest level a smoke will hit every reset.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Smoke's low/overhead mixup is better than Scorpion's lol

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Smoke pressure is annoying buts its not as brutal as Cyrax's command throw mix-up. You can only take a few command throws. You can take like 30 something Smoke d4's. And Cyrax zoning is much worse than Smoke's with the bombs.

Smoke pressure is annoying buts its not as brutal as Cyrax's command throw mix-up. You can only take a few command throws. You can take like 30 something Smoke d4's. And Cyrax zoning is much worse than Smoke's with the bombs.
How is this even being debated? lol

I would rather fight Kabal then to fight Cyrax. He's the only character that makes me salty lol

ok that's fair I'll accept that but you can't consider that cyrax's resets are easier into the equation, because matchup charts are at the highest level and at the highest level a smoke will hit every reset.
i wouldn't say all that about smoke hitting every reset bcuz we're all humans here haha, and yes cyrax's are easier and he has a rushdown that very few even come close to. Smoke's rushdown won't phase scorpion, which is why it is 6 4. Smoke does win, but no where near as bad as cyrax and this is from xp playing denzell's rax with scorpion alot and wafflez's smoke.

MITDJT
What are your thoughts on the Skarlet and Kenshi MUs
skarlet wins only bcuz she has armor and upclose she can abuse scorpion's hitbox. Scorpion can keep it competive though bcuz of his hellfire, d4, and of course dat vortex. He can also tele if she tries to do daggers on reaction. I played CD at evo and we had some close matches, he won one and i won one. The poke game favors her which helps give her an advantage as well.
Kenshi wins bcuz he is just a safer character and of course wins the poke game/ better armor. Scorpion can get his hellfires in and of course some teles and vortex if he manages to get in, but one whiffed hellfire and he will be in trouble bcuz kenshi will get a full combo/ gain some meter, and establish positioning. If scorpion was safer, it'd be a 5 5.