What's new

Match-up Discussion My "Hey, why not" Scorpion matchup chart.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
[EDITED: my 100% honest personal chart, I previously had it all 5-5s lol]

Liu Kang 5-5
Kung Lao 4-6
Sub-Zero 5-5
Sindel 5-5
Ermac 5-5
Reptile 4-6
Kitana 4-6
Johnny Cage 4-6
Jade 6-4
Mileena 6-4
Nightwolf 5-5
Cyrax 3-7
Noob Saibot 5-5
Smoke 4-6
Sektor 5-5
Sonya 3-7
Jax 5-5
Kano 5-5
Stryker 6-4
Shang Tsung 5-5
Baraka 5-5
Kabal 4-6
Raiden 5-5
Cyber Sub-Zero 5-5
Sheeva 6-4 (I don't think it's that bad but the areas that help Scorp win highlight why Sheeva is still hands down the worst in the game)
Quan Chi 5-5
Skarlet 4-6?
Kenshi 5-5
Rain 5-5
Freddy 4-6 (this is a weird one, I still hold my own in this matchup but there's no such thing as a hard 5-5)
Cyblax 5-5 (one of the few matchups where Cyrax players are better off sticking with robo imo)
Human Sektor/Steve 5-5

Critique is welcomed.

(in all seriousness, I think we could use a new matchup thread since most of the more rational discussion about matchups is rather cluttered now and Slips isn't able to check the forums out much due to other commitments, I'll personally go into proper detail later, this is just to get some activity brewing.)

Scorpion vs Kratos 5-5, if you guys didn't already know.

(No seriously, it is a 5-5, if not 5.5-4.5 in Scorpion's advantage)

Edit: Steve? That's a nice name for Sektor. Cyblax and Steve.

My personal chart:

Baraka: 5-5
Cyber Sub Zero: 5.5 - 4.5?
Cyrax: 3-7
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy: 5-5?
Jade: 6-4
Jax: 4-6
Johnny Cage: 3-7
Kabal: 4-6
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 5.5 - 4.5
Kitana: 4-6
Kung Lao: 5.5 - 4.5
Liu Kang: 4-6
Mileena: 5-5
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob Saibot: 6-4
Quan Chi: 5-5
Raiden: 5-5
Rain: 5-5
Reptile: 5-5
Scorpion: -
Shang Tsung: 5.5 - 4.5
Sheeva: 7-3
Sindel: 5-5
Skarlet: 4-6?
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya: 3-7
Stryker: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5

MU's with "?" I'm not all too sure about. Feel free to ask about any MU.

astronout

see you at the top.
man i really don't understand what experiences you guys are drawing on when you throw around these MU numbers.

man i really don't understand what experiences you guys are drawing on when you throw around these MU numbers.
STRYKIE's chart is obviously a joke.

My chart is a "personal" MU chart.

However my numbers are still pretty accurate. I can play 90% of the cast, and I have plenty of offline exp.

astronout

see you at the top.
STRYKIE's chart is obviously a joke.

My chart is a "personal" MU chart.

However my numbers are still pretty accurate. I can play 90% of the cast, and I have plenty of offline exp.
i know strykie's post was a joke but my post was directed at all of the recent MU threads and resulting MU numbers I've seen in the past couple of weeks.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
S
My personal chart:

Cyber Sub Zero: 5.5 - 4.5?
Freddy: 5-5?
Johnny Cage: 3-7
Kabal: 4-6
Kenshi: 5.5 - 4.5
Kung Lao: 5.5 - 4.5
Noob Saibot: 6-4
Reptile: 5-5
Scorpion: -
Shang Tsung: 5.5 - 4.5
Skarlet: 4-6?
Sub Zero: 5-5

MU's with "?" I'm not all too sure about. Feel free to ask about any MU.
scorp does not beat shang...

My list yall from the evo special scorpion himself haha:
Cyber Sub: 5-5
Freddy: 4-6
Cage: 3-7
Kabal: 3-7
Kenshi: 4-6
Kung Lao: 4-6
Noob: 6-4
Reptile: 4-6
Sektor: 4-6
Shang Tsung: 4-6
Skarlet: 4-6
Sub Zero: 4-6

Let's keep it real, scorpion isn't that great of a character haha, but under the right hands he can be made to look better than he is. Since I've played my crew here in vegas a lot with scorpion, they know him inside and out, which when ppl learn him that way, it is hard getting them W's. These mus are pretty much all xp since vegas crew plays the whole cast basically, and i've played a lot of other high lvl players in these mus which leads to my numbers here.

NKZero

Noob

Let's keep it real, scorpion isn't that great of a character haha, but under the right hands he can be made to look better than he is. Since I've played my crew here in vegas a lot with scorpion, they know him inside and out, which when ppl learn him that way, it is hard getting them W's. These mus are pretty much all xp since vegas crew plays the whole cast basically, and i've played a lot of other high lvl players in these mus which leads to my numbers here.
Thank you Lord, finally a Scorpion player sees Sektor winning this MU :). Sub I'm not too sure man. Why d'you think he wins?

Thank you Lord, finally a Scorpion player sees Sektor winning this MU :). Sub I'm not too sure man. Why d'you think he wins?
full xp from playing a top 2 sub player at home, who is my bro denzell. Sektor has a slight advantage over scorpion for sure, nothing scorpion can't handle though.

NKZero

Noob
full xp from playing a top 2 sub player at home, who is my bro denzell. Sektor has a slight advantage over scorpion for sure, nothing scorpion can't handle though.
The things that come to mind for me are Sub's D4 really frustrating the shit out of Scorpion (which also means free pressure on wake-up more often than not) and what happens when Scorpion is in the corner. But I think mid-screen Scorpion can pose some real problems no?

S
scorp does not beat shang...
5.5 - 4.5 isn't a winning MU. I took what you said in your MU thread into consideration, but I feel that Scorpion hurts Shang bad with his oki game. Shang can't stop Scorp from building meter, he doesn't shut down the air either.

Shangs traps are good, but the soul steal is his only claim to fame.

midscreen he does cause some issues yes, but got to be very careful what you do, one missed spear or hellfire and sub will get a full combo and put you in the corner. It'd be 5-5 if sub didn't bully him in the corner and scorpion had good pokes. Hell fire has no advantage on hit either, which means i can do it once and sub is allowed to move, if it was like +5, then it'd pose a serious problem bcuz i'd be able to set up vortex with it.

Cyber Sub: 5-5
Freddy: 4-6
Cage: 3-7
Kabal: 3-7
Kenshi: 4-6
Kung Lao: 4-6
Noob: 6-4
Reptile: 4-6
Shang Tsung: 4-6
Skarlet: 4-6

I like the chart bro. I feel that KL, Kenshi, and Shang are more manageable 6-4's. Some people take 5.5 - 4.5's as winning MU's lol but w/e.

I like the chart bro. I feel that KL, Kenshi, and Shang are more manageable 6-4's. Some people take 5.5 - 4.5's as winning MU's lol but w/e.
yep that's why i put only 5-5 or 6-4, decimals are too controversial haha. Yep he has many manageable 6-4s for sure, he only gets 7 3'd by a few chars, and he is still tournament viable for sure. Under the right hands, wonderous things can come from any character. I wouldn't have won at evo with him if i didn't implement my fundamentals and skill as a player to adjust to the task of dealing with two bad mus(kabal and smoke) vs a great player in detroit.

yep that's why i put only 5-5 or 6-4, decimals are too controversial haha. Yep he has many manageable 6-4s for sure, he only gets 7 3'd by a few chars, and he is still tournament viable for sure. Under the right hands, wonderous things can come from any character. I wouldn't have won at evo with him if i didn't implement my fundamentals and skill as a player to adjust to the task of dealing with two bad mus(kabal and smoke) vs a great player in detroit.
Exactly! I broke down your match to a friend that I'm helping learn Scorp. His worst 6-4 is Kitana IMO. Shes like a mini Sonya lol.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
MIT's matchup chart is very honest.

Kitana might be a 3-7. Scorp is literally left with nothing but d4 against her. You try anything else and your begging to lose half life.