What's new

My Halo 4 Review

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Multiplayer takes a bit of getting used to regarding menus and such. I was supremely overwhelmed.
You didn't miss much, day 1 servers were crap. Had tons of problems just connecting to friends to play. lol

Seems to be better now. I didn't think I'd like the call of duty type kill streaks, but it brings something a little different and fresh to the Halo MP and I actually like it.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So instead of requiring good teamwork to get power weapons you can just call them in when you get a certain amount of kills or points??? Please tell me there's a mmote balanced mode with weapons on maps please....
Slayer Pro. No ordinance drops.

Oh and the ones you get to call in (in regular slayer) are random call ins. You don't always get a power weapon.

Like a few times last night I got a choice of... plasma grenades, Needler, speed boost.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I use that 'perk' and it's actually slower than in COD it's very fair. Same thing with Promethius Vision, it's SO good but balanced perfectly.
Nah, Promethian vision is borderline... it's pretty much impossible to sneak up on anyone. Renders crouching pointless.

Dexterity isn't that big of a deal.

ryublaze

Noob
I paid my friend to get it for me at midnight release but I have to wait a few weeks until I can go back home and get my Xbox to play it.

Big Frog

Noob
So instead of requiring good teamwork to get power weapons you can just call them in when you get a certain amount of kills or points??? Please tell me there's a mmote balanced mode with weapons on maps please....
It's not as bad as it sounds.

CYracks

Command Grabber
Yeah, I prefer when the weapons are always in the same place in multi-player. When everything is random it's just all out chaos and no teamwork unless two people decide to get in the same vehicle. Back in my day we had power struggles over power-weapons blah, blah, blah...

ryublaze

Noob
If we're given random weapons then I'm going to be sad. Racing to get the power weapons and equipment was what I liked about Halo 3.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yes it is. You are reliant on luck to get power weapons, and there is no set flow to the game. Two teams of equal skill are determined by who gets the best drops as opposed to who has the best plan. Inexcusable.
Dude, Slayer Pro doesn't have ordinance drops and there are weapons on the maps in both modes. lol

Crying over nothing.

Big Frog

Noob
Yes it is. You are reliant on luck to get power weapons, and there is no set flow to the game. Two teams of equal skill are determined by who gets the best drops as opposed to who has the best plan. Inexcusable.
Why are you blocking my joy?

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
MLG will fix all that when they come out with their game types. In the mean time its still fun messing around in Infinity Slayer. Slayer Pro is pretty balanced they took out the ordinance but the weapons are still random which is kinda lame. All and all I'd say the game will be pretty competitive once MLG releases their game types.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Enenra which one are you
Sad but true.these fuckheads invaded Halo since Reach because Reach was Noob-friendly and CoD-like, Halo 4 is even more so which means a bigger amount of mom-make-me-a-sandwich-crying little shits are going to ruin my game.

Halo 2 / Halo 3 were the good days when all the Latinos were around.At least they were mature.

haha yea. was vs Sonya right? your sonya is nasty too dude. crazy stuff.

anyway, it was a pleasure and very fun, and you are definitly top in this game. very good shit man.
4 is a very satisfying game. I wouldn't waste your time with reach. Its too bad you didn't get into 2 lol. I think its the best in the series

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Other halo games had aim assist? I'm legitimately asking, as I don't own any of the games, only play them when I'm at a friend's house or something.
yeah... if multiple targets crossed... you would see your reticle track and then go back..... kind of annoying.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Sad but true.these fuckheads invaded Halo since Reach because Reach was Noob-friendly and CoD-like, Halo 4 is even more so which means a bigger amount of mom-make-me-a-sandwich-crying little shits are going to ruin my game.

Halo 2 / Halo 3 were the good days when all the Latinos were around.At least they were mature.
Halo has been like that since Halo 2...

McNasty

Moist.
I dont understand why the halo community uses "cod" as a derogatory term. Lets face it both are begginer friendly fps.

Cod2=CE
Codmw=h2
Codmw2=reach(imo) about as bad as it gets
Blops=h3

Try CSGO if you dont want noob friendly games,classes,perks, what have you.

That said I have my fingers crossed that blops2 will be on par with h4

H4 is fucking good I wasnt sold until I played at a friends house but so far it could become my favorite halo, and im a CE snob/diehard.

P.s. What are the biggest keys to success in modern halo movement, aim, strategy? Im so green in this game im still looking for the little white button to change nades....

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
yeah... if multiple targets crossed... you would see your reticle track and then go back..... kind of annoying.
Oh damn, thats bad in ANY fps. That gets me killed everytime it happens in call of duty. Aim straight down a hallway or w/e, start shooting someone, his teammate slices in front of him and all of sudden your aim gets yanked to the side. Shits annoying as hell. I turn off aim assist in basically any fps that I play.