What's new

Match-up Discussion My Final Judgment on Sonya vs. Kitana

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Jimmypotato If you are coming to SCR I would like to propose a MM. Your Sonya vs my Kitana FT5. $10-20 your choice. No one angers my Sonya brethren Blake and gets away with it. And maybe I will learn how to play the mu better who knows.
Accepted for sure man, still 50-50 on if I'm making er, trying really hard to make it happen though.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Kabal and Kenshi are way ahead of the other 4. Their REAL MU charts would have a shit ton of 8-2s and 9-1s
I agree about kabal, kenshi really isnt that bad. he is just like kitana in that you need tons and tons and tons of matchup experience. Which is difficult to get when there is only one really solid proven kenshi player. he probably does have a few 8-2 and sz is a 9-1 but I dont think he blows up the upper half of the tier list besides maybe cage.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
This is still being discussed?

I feel it is 6-4 Sonya for reasons others have posted, but I only play against her here and there. Hell... I lost like 1-4 in a local casual session with a guy who had literally only started playing Sonya for 2-3 weeks if that ll Nooby ll

Maybe I don't know the matchup... I didn't feel confident enough in it to use Kitana vs MortySeinfeld at EVO so I used Noob which I knew he has trouble fighting against.
Dafuq u trying to say about my Sonya, and my skills as a player in general? I kid I kid hehe. That was me picking Sonya back up after a while of just toying around with her. It probably only had been a week of playing her.

6-4 Sonya.
Close the thread right now for it has now been decided.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I felt your approach to assigning gayness values could use some graphical representation. No need to thank me.

This scientific document was made almost exclusively using the data in Mr. Mileena's post. I added one or two things for reference. Enjoy.
OMFG XD XD XD XD XD CRYING

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I was at Best Buy tonight, thinking over this match-up intensely...and after reviewing what both characters can do, I'm starting to see how some say it's in Sonya's favor...

But I'm not completely sure yet.

And no, this is no troll. I'm still not convinced at the moment, but I've been wrong on match-ups before. For example, I said at one point that Sonya vs. Raiden was 5-5...then I saw for myself how Sonya just forces Raiden to rely solely on instinct.

Mr. Mileena

What I still don't get is how Sonya's divekick "eliminates Kitana's poking game," as you put it. I only see it punishing whiffed pokes, not blocked ones. What do you mean by that?

I was at Best Buy tonight, thinking over this match-up intensely...and after reviewing what both characters can do, I'm starting to see how some say it's in Sonya's favor...

And no, this is no troll. I'm still not convinced at the moment, but I've been wrong on match-ups before. For example, I said at one point that Sonya vs. Raiden was 5-5...then I saw for myself how Sonya just forces Raiden to rely solely on instinct.

Mr. Mileena

What I still don't get is how Sonya's divekick "eliminates Kitana's poking game," as you put it. I only see it punishing whiffed pokes, not blocked ones. What do you mean by that?
Sonya does that to all characters, poking back in certain situations = 40%+ dive kick combo into reset.

Death

Noob

Mr. Mileena

Sonya can also 4~cartwheel combo a block D1 depending on the range. But good luck doing that online lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Sonya does that to all characters, poking back in certain situations = 40%+ dive kick combo into reset.
I don't see many Sonyas do this though, from my viewing experience. The times it is fine, I usually see it blocked.

I probably just need to watch Sonya more.