What's new

Match-up Discussion My Bane MU Chart

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I'm probably not the best to ask haha i only picked up bane as a secondary to my tougher MU's when using batman. Ill give it my best shot though.

I believe Aquman is 5-5 only b/c he still has multihitting wake ups. Even a slight mistime can mean he will either get a free scoop or trident rush you to death. Even if you are consistent with timing, you're gonna get hit once in a while and not to mention aquaman's b2 and b3 can avoid command grab along with his amazing footsies.

My main is batman and honestly Im kind of pointing towards 4-6 bane. Yes once Batman get's knocked down he's fucked but if he were to make the right guess he can escape and begin his zoning game again. Also batman has a double jump, its one of his saving graces in this MU along with trait and MB batarangs.

I think zod would be a 6-4 bane as well. It's rough for zod, really rough. If zod calls trait and bane isn't knocked down, it gives bane more than enough time to dash in and start his armor shenanigans. Also, in level 3 he is immune to zod's lazer lol which is weird b/c GL's minigun doesn't count as a projectile but zod's lazer does....SEEMS LEGIT.

Green Lantern i believe is 5-5...only b/c i hate that character he he he he

Hawkgirl i believe can either be a 5-5 or 6-4. 6-4 against a wake up happy hawkgirl and charges in. 5-5 against a hawkgirl who's patient with spacing and proper zoning.

Other than those i don't really know how the other MU's go lol but good list man!
Thanks, I just recently found out about the Scraps community, and my first match I saw of you was a Bane match lol. I actually figured Batman had the edge on Bane, but I get mixed opinions on it all the time. Zod I need to practice with Dave more, may be in my favor I didn't ask him. Thank you though much appreciated.

oh i forgot to mention against Raven. If you hold F2D when she wake up teleports (when she has trait) the F2D will autocorrect itself and smash her in the face

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
oh i forgot to mention against Raven. If you hold F2D when she wake up teleports (when she has trait) the F2D will autocorrect itself and smash her in the face
I know this tech, it's sooooooo useful. Been using it vs Zatanna, it's a huge help. Thank you though c:

oNe87_Kentucky

Hunter, Not hunted.
Bane Joker is 7-3 Banes favor. My experience is... Max, Biohazard, Rev x Smith, Kyu, and CheesecakeLover. I have labbed the mu and played it in many different ways.

yeah i like the Bane / Flash matchup. it seems like both characters have to come out of their comfort zone and play a little different.

Reactions: Kyu

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Never really knew what to think of the Sinestro mu. It always seems very tough to a patient bane player because I can't punish random full screen charges. 5-5 seems like a fair number but what might push it in bane's favor a tiny bit is Sin has a tough time opening bane up due to his lack of high/low mixups. So basically once bane gets in Sin has to be super careful to weather the storm and not get knocked down which is hard to do against the bane train. Armor is a huge hassle for Sin but once cool down comes Sin has to get trait out and make space where he is comfortable and at an advantage. I could see this possibly being 5.5-4.5 bane in the future but right now I'm not that sure so 5-5 is fine for now

BRUTALITY

Banned
i think bane lex is 6 - 4

what options does OP propose lex has to deal with his armoured rush down? bane punches straight through lex trait even on block and lex has all single hit wakeups Lol

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
i think bane lex is 6 - 4

what options does OP propose lex has to deal with his armoured rush down? bane punches straight through lex trait even on block and lex has all single hit wakeups Lol
To be honest, I feel like it's a heavily momentum based mu. If Lex gets his toys out, Bane has a hard time. Lex can stay away from Bane well enough until trait cools off or is near cool down. 113 with trait is very useful to Lex in this mu, since he'll absorb a hit and break banes armor with the 11. Just what I've seen.

BRUTALITY

Banned
To be honest, I feel like it's a heavily momentum based mu. If Lex gets his toys out, Bane has a hard time. Lex can stay away from Bane well enough until trait cools off or is near cool down. 113 with trait is very useful to Lex in this mu, since he'll absorb a hit and break banes armor with the 11. Just what I've seen.
lex backdash has really bad recovery and banes fwd dash is literally half the screen. theres nothing lex can do in a keep away strategy against bane other than careful corp charges i think. upclose bane rips through kex and i dont think 11 is enough to deal with it.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Bane Joker is 7-3 Banes favor. My experience is... Max, Biohazard, Rev x Smith, Kyu, and CheesecakeLover. I have labbed the mu and played it in many different ways.
I definitely agree this matchup is a strong 6-4, possibly 7-3 and alot of those guy Kentucky named agree. One of the biggest reasons, Joker gets hit, ggs :coffee:

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
Martian doesn't have mutli hitting zoning moves I thought? And I can't talk much, I don't have too much experience with high level martians. I saw max's number, and figured it would be best to use his. Thank you though.
you got xbl? I need bane exp and some of the banes I used to play are never on, I feel the MU is slightly in mmh favor. From my experience MMH has some of the best options after a blocked double punch, f12 beats armor, He has a good backdash jump back tele etc... Red orbs stop you from getting in when you're in level 3 trait. MMH also has the best punish for a whiffed bane charge

you got xbl? I need bane exp, I feel the MU is slightly in mmh favor. From my experience MMH has some of the best options after a blocked double punch, f12 beats armor, He has a good backdash jump back tele etc... Red orbs stop you from getting in when you're in level 3 trait. MMH also has the best punish for a whiffed bane charge
Can i use my bane? :p

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
disagree with sinestro matchup. it's 4-6 for bane, he has to take risks to get in such as using all of his venom.what I find about most banes is that they are impatient, they think just because they have venom they are free to walk right in. once bane takes a risk to get in using his venom he then goes to debuff where I (sinestro) get to chip the living hell out of him. Bane for the most part is easy to keep out eventually bane players get frustrated and start doing the bane charge move with level 3 venom which I can easily jump over and then shackle and proceed to charge trait again or just go for vortex and wait for level 3 to wear out. or if they try dashing in I just bait them using trait so I can shackle.
Don't base numbers on bad Banes. Impatience is something good Bane players have overcome.

Now then, to why I'm here...

Batman - 5-5 -- I have a lot of Batman experience with @ocirx and I think this mu is even. He thinks the match is in Bane's favor due to Bane's insane oki game. Batman's zoning is a huge asset to him in the match up, so I'm undecided and will leave it as a 5-5

Harley Quinn - 5-5 -- I've run this mu with a lot of different Harley players, @Boomgoesthemite1 and @Akromaniac27 I feel this mu is also in Bane's favor. Bane doesn't have to respect her frame traps, and can blow up tantrum stance on wakeup. I feel like Harley has to work very hard in this matchup, especially once Bane gets in.

The Joker - 6-4 -- My experience with this mu is @oNe87_Kentucky and I believe it's a 7-3. It's hard for Joker to zone Bane out, Bane outfootsies him very well, and Bane can break through most cancels into Laughing Gas or Crowbar, specifically 32 cancels.

Killer Frost - 6-4 -- Don't have a lot of Killer Frost experience, but I've been learning recently. The post slide guessing game is pretty even, Bane has good options in grab, d1, or charge. Killer Frost's parry is very useful in this matchup, and so is her zoning. Once Bane gets in, Killer Frost has a lot of trouble getting him off.

Lobo - 5-5 -- I've played a few sets vs starcharger's Lobo, and I believe Bane wins this mu. Lobo can't wakeup vs Bane, venom uppercut stuffs out hook charge. Bane outfootsies Lobo, but Lobo's gunshots and grabs can be a little bit of a problem at times.

Martian Manhunter - 4-6, tentative 5-5 -- This is an mu that I struggle with to be honest. A lot of Martian's moves are throw immune, but much like the Flash mu Bane just has to pressure differently. Normal cancels into Raging Charge are a big help vs Martian's wakeup game, and you can venom uppercut on reaction to his teleports.

Scorpion - 4-6, unless you are really freaking good at blocking shenanigans then maybe 5-5 -- I don't have too much Scorpion experience, but I'll say what I've noticed. Neutral game, Bane stomps Scorpion. Scorpion can wakeup teleport to stop some of the oki game, albeit unsafely. That's all I really know about the mu.

Solomon Grundy - 8-2, there is no god for Grundy-- My only Grundy experience is StudyxUp on psn, and I've found this mu is heavily in Bane's favor. Bane has good answers to all of Grundy's wakeups, blows up his footsies, and Grundy's strings are easy to break out of with venom.

@GGA Max
@BiPolarExxpress
@Rev_
@Doombawkz
@HomeLee1121
My personal corrections are the red numbers, anything not listed I agree with or haven't heard enough about to make a call. This is just based off of discussion and results shown from both sides. This is barring Grundy, god can't save him now.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I've labbed what frame traps Bane can get out of, especially Black Adam's because I struggled with the matchup. Anyway, let's not make this thread a shit show. In corner I'll agree with teeth, it makes Bane's approach hell. But teeth only last so lang, and I can dash in and punish another teeth placement before it pops. There is no way I see this matchup being even, having played one of the best Jokers in the game consistently.
I need more Bane practice to give much input on the MU, but I actually can have teeth out at all times if I throw teeth as they explode (Should put teeth in the air with an explosion on the ground). Against Bane I have teeth out at all times.

That said, IF this could be considered 5-5, it's only in the neutral game. As much as Joker can be scary on knockdown, it's nothing compared to what Bane will do to Joker after a hit...

______

Also something completely different, but can't Bane just keep pressing buttons against Scorpion with Venom active? I mean I know Scorp is open for all of time when he hits someone in armor and doesn't really have multi-hit moves to break armor, making the Lex/Scorpion matchup hilariously 1 sided, so why couldn't you just double punch all day? Can you whiff a double punch/command grab and still punish a teleport when it hits your armor? Will double punch/command grab avoid hellfire? Won't double punch also AA him?

Again, I don't play either character, so these are legitimate questions, but I see what Lex does to Scorpion and I don't see why Bane can't do the same.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Also something completely different, but can't Bane just keep pressing buttons against Scorpion with Venom active? I mean I know Scorp is open for all of time when he hits someone in armor and doesn't really have multi-hit moves to break armor, making the Lex/Scorpion matchup hilariously 1 sided, so why couldn't you just double punch all day? Can you whiff a double punch/command grab and still punish a teleport when it hits your armor? Will double punch/command grab avoid hellfire? Won't double punch also AA him?

Again, I don't play either character, so these are legitimate questions, but I see what Lex does to Scorpion and I don't see why Bane can't do the same.
In order: He can but its not a good idea because MB teleport.
That actually answers all of your questions.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
you got xbl? I need bane exp and some of the banes I used to play are never on, I feel the MU is slightly in mmh favor. From my experience MMH has some of the best options after a blocked double punch, f12 beats armor, He has a good backdash jump back tele etc... Red orbs stop you from getting in when you're in level 3 trait. MMH also has the best punish for a whiffed bane charge
Unfortunately, I don't have xbl, I'm stuck on psn. Running a set with the great Emperor Jupiter would be fun though. I'm surprised f12 beats the armor after double punch, that may tip it to 5.5-4.5 need to check.