What's new

My 7 month late impression of MKX

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
A month ago when I seen that Sony was lowering the prices on PS4's I decided to buy one. Took me two weeks to save up. I'm in love with the system. It's everything I hoped it would be. Black Ops 3 & MKX didn't take an entire day to download patches/install like it would have on the PS3. The graphics are Beautiful. The streams don't do MKX any justice lol. I've been playing the story, and I made it as far as Kung Jins turn before I decided to go to sleep. Everything feels different from MK9. Especially Sub-Zero. In fact the mechanics of this game made me feel like I have A LOT of learning to do. Run cancels, stamina bar, and getting used to weird feeling NJP's. I don't mind a hard learning curve at all. I just felt like My Joker (IGUA) finally got to a point where he was decent, but now I'm literally starting over from the ground up with this game. It feels so different that nothing from IGUA is carrying over. No Background bounce, no B3 into combos lol. My plan however is to level up, and become a competent player. That's all people.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
A month ago when I seen that Sony was lowering the prices on PS4's I decided to buy one. Took me two weeks to save up. I'm in love with the system. It's everything I hoped it would be. Black Ops 3 & MKX didn't take an entire day to download patches/install like it would have on the PS3. The graphics are Beautiful. The streams don't do MKX any justice lol. I've been playing the story, and I made it as far as Kung Jins turn before I decided to go to sleep. Everything feels different from MK9. Especially Sub-Zero. In fact the mechanics of this game made me feel like I have A LOT of learning to do. Run cancels, stamina bar, and getting used to weird feeling NJP's. I don't mind a hard learning curve at all. I just felt like My Joker (IGUA) finally got to a point where he was decent, but now I'm literally starting over from the ground up with this game. It feels so different that nothing from IGUA is carrying over. No Background bounce, no B3 into combos lol. My plan however is to level up, and become a competent player. That's all people.
I came late to mkx as well. Took me a min to adjust to the changes, especially run cancels/back dashes using Stam etc. So I know the feeling. I've finally got adjusted and holding my own after about a month. You'll be straight. Also sub is MUCH more solid this go around, so you will be pleased.

Oh and prepare for salt, because nothing brings it like mkx online lmao.

E

Eldriken

I came late to mkx as well. Took me a min to adjust to the changes, especially run cancels/back dashes using Stam etc. So I know the feeling. I've finally got adjusted and holding my own after about a month. You'll be straight. Also sub is MUCH more solid this go around, so you will be pleased.

Oh and prepare for salt, because nothing brings it like mkx online lmao.
I'd say MKX in general brings out the salt.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
And this is the perfect attitude coming to a new game. I like how you're not making the same mistake many are doing, they wanted this game to be MK9 all over again but with better graphics....keep that level up mentality and good things will come :)

Last edited:
I remember my first positive impression of MKX was I felt like I could actually move. Even slow characters in MKX have walkspeed that would be considered average in Injustice.

The movement was very difficult to get used to I remember. Run is everything in this game. The game really starts making sense once you've gotten used to just it.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Lol jump punches in this game. Even offline they're cancer. You have to keep in mind that jump punches are +15 and can have 13 active frames and 6f startups. AND heat seeking capabilities and 50 inch hitboxes.

E

Eldriken

Ok, let's be honest though -- getting hit with a dumpster or a Batgirl loop have to be two of the saltiest things in modern fighting games :p
Oh, I agree. Injustice had its fair amount of things that made you salty. But MKX, in my opinion, takes it to a whole new level. ;_;

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Like no other game has ever done. I feel like im in highschool again and not in the good way.

Your in a hostile environment. totally unprepared. And surrounded by a bunch of guys who probably want to kick your ass... it's exactly like being back in high school.

its ok, johnny cage had the same feels in outworld :)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Stupid stamima bar. Now when I play SF and back dash twice in short succession I mentally check myself because I'm low on stamina, or I move ahead with my offense thinking 'double back dash. They have can't do it aga.... WTF HOW DID TH.. GOD DAMMIT.MORTAL KOMBAT'