What's new

Mustard aka "Cyrax" match-up thread

Well seeing as everyone started one might as well.
Cyrax Vs. [n/a]
-info
-ideas for counter against certain char.
-later post results.

just a way of organizing...

so with further out ado... KILL ALL HUMANS!

Starting with ...

Cyrax Vs Nightwolf
Info: Me thinks it can be a 5/5 match-up however our net will be nullified...
Ideas:Thinking Rushdown will be our primary option against nightwolf especially with the bomb-trap...
Bombs at distance feel like they would eat a lighting bolt or shoulder...
Result: Will post later if I can fight nightwolf again looking at you TWH Dai.

Cyrax Vs Kitana
Info: Not sure what to think about it yet... although Kitana's projectiles come out faster and I feel a Cyrax player will be full pressed into finding a way to counter her zoning
Ideas: Early Rush is necessary but, it would have to be safe or else one would eat a combo of 45% or more Thinking that d,f 3 Ex can close the gap... teleport seems to slow though...
Result: I'll have to see who mains Kitana and is in full grasp of her combos.

Cyrax vs Sub-Zero
TBD

Separate post for other opinions?
Will edit when other post there opinions and hopefully more coming soon
Thanks for your patience!

And last but not least what our foes think would be a good counter or they can also post there gamertags psn/live for help with match-ups

Note to mods: hopefully you don't mind how I have organized things, if you do I'll try to consolidate all info into one post.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Cyrax vs Night Wolf
Match up opinion:
4-6 Nightwolf
Info:This match up depends on how fast/well the Cyrax player can rushdown/force mistakes on the NW player. If Nightwolf has a bar, your ability to throw bombs full screen or anywhere at all is nullified, as ex shoulder goes completely full screen and pushes back pretty far. Do not get predictable with the bomb throwing either, standing still too long versus Nightwolf is not a pleasant thing to do(LIGHTNING!!!!). NW can not reflect nets, so be sure to have them out as much as you can, when you know it'll be safe. (Don't throw them out on his wake up) Be aware of Nightwolf's wake up options, guessing wrong could result in Cyrax missing his opportunity to rush down/position himself.

NW has five ways to wake up. Shoulder, which can be punished by neutral ducking (which if they see coming can be punished with a wake up lightning or hatchet.) wake up hatchet, which is invincible as soon as he gets the hatchet out. Ex hatchet, which is invincible regardless if he gets it out or not(and safe I might add), ex command grab which is also invincible on wake up(also safe), and finally ex shoulder, which has two hits and can be hit in between them. (safe if you don't punish in between.)

Ideas:Your best bet to fight NW is too play a completely aggressive style that throws NW off guard. Be ready to guess five ways on his wake up, and keep mobile as much as possible, while also attempting to bait something out. (Keep in mind nearly everything he does is safe on block, and even gives him + frames) Otherwise you'll eat a lightning bolt, arrow, or shoulder. NW players like myself throw them out randomly, to train you to expect it and neutral duck, then lightning bolt and repeat the process.

Results:Will get back later with Towel to post our results.

spin4u

Noob
You should also try to keep a sweep distance on knock down. NW has one of the faster upper cuts in the game. He is correct that most of his moves are safe which is stupid.
I say its 6-4 cyrax favor

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Cyrax vs Johnny Cage

Cage has a pretty tough time getting in on Cyrax. At full screen Cage has High and Low Forceballs. They are fairly slow, so you can get some bombs and nets out without getting constantly hit by the Forceballs. Spacing is important in this match. Keep in mind he has Shadow Kick, which is basically just like NW's Shoulder Charge. What you need to do is space yourself just out of the range of his Shadow Kick, or stay further away. It's almost never a good idea to Teleport against Cage, he can get some free big damage off of it. If you do get in range of his Shadow Kick, just duck without blocking. However, you must be careful not to get hit by his overhead. It doesn't have as much distance as the Shadow Kick and isn't nearly as quick, but it will hit you if you're crouch/crouch blocking. So if you see it coming stand and block it.

I also noticed he can't get out of the bomb trap with his breaker. This could just be online, but if he tries to breaker it he still gets hit by the bomb. But, the trap is supposedly going to be removed, so we'll see.