What's new

music

Ermac1

Noob
I like a little of everything... Latin, Rock, Hip Hop...BTW... I'm a beat maker in case anyone is looking to buy... hahaha... burp !

There's no need to really hate on any type of music it is all art just different people express it different ways if something isn't pleasing to me I move on

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is the balls.

Aside from that, a few good bands:

Death (RIP "evil" Chuck)
SYL
Nevermore
Gojira
Agalloch
Opeth (pre-ghost reveries)
Severed Savior
Cryptopsy (None So Vile)
Gorguts
Anata
Augury
Psycroptic
Decapitated (RIP Vitek)
Necrophagist
Decrepit Birth
Kronos
Behemoth
Belphegor
The Faceless
Neuraxis
Brain Drill
Meshuggah
Gorod
Arsis
Gorgasm
Fear Factory (SOANM, Demanufacture, Obsolete)
Divine Heresy
Asesino (DINO!)
Krisiun
Dying Fetus
Bloodbath
Grave
Dismember
Darkane
Spawn of Possession
Misery Index
Suffocation
Aborted
At The Gates
Melechesh
Cynic
Anaal Nathrakh
Mithras
Amon Amarth
Abysmal Dawn
Origin
Forefather
Ensiferum
Wintersun
Zimmers Hole

Also; Devin Townsend's solo material, Jeff Loomis solo, and Warrel Dane solo

Say NO to U.S. metalcore! Disgusting FAIL!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Oh yes my friend, because yelling incoherent sentences and beating drums as hard as you can always makes good musicians.

Can't think of lyrics for a song to write? No problem, just hold a steak over a pitbulls head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKXvtXQCU9U&feature=related
Heh.
Fail. Your post doesnt even deserve the effort to prove how wrong and ignorant your statement is.

Proof?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpocrqvP2Yg

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySbXw8AHlKM

Since we're on the topic of rap and rock, I thought I would add my 2 cents.

If you claim to be a musician, you either better play a musical instrument or use your voice as a musical instrument. Music is very vaguely defined, but when I took musical composition classes in college, if we wrote a piece we had to defend it and prove that what we wrote was music and argue why it was good.

When I look at musicians that don't play musical instruments, I have to judge their musical skills by their lyrical content or the strength of their voice. With someone like Celine Deon, Steve Perry, Freddy Mercury, Mariah Carey and the likes, it's easy to tell that their voice is an instrument given by the graces of god. Their voices are incredible. They could write total crap lyrics and I would still be impressed.

Keeping that in mind, consider the voices of DMX, Nelly, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, TI, and any other rapper that kids are listening to these days. They have no vocal range. They can't hit a F sharp in a really high octave. They probably don't even know the chromatic scale. So they better have some serious lyrical content to make up for their voices. I'm going to pick on Soulja Boy because he is the easiest. Consider these fine and meaningful lyrics:

"Super Man Dat Hoe
Then Watch me Crank Dat Robocop?
Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock
Jocking On Them Haterz Man"

One of the objectives of lyrics is to get a feeling out or express an oninion. What was Soulja Boy trying to express here? He wants to super man some girl and crank dat Robocop. Ok I'll stop there. Obviously the lyrics are total trash like the majority of mainstream hip-hop today. It's interesting to know that the majority of hip-hop "artists" don't even write their own shit. Some fat bitch on a piano writes most of this crap. Their is no instrumentation to back up the lyrics. There is massive bass shitting out low frequency notes and maybe some other random noises in order to make the beat/rhythm easily rememberable.

I wouldn't say that all rap lyrics are meaningless. There's obviously good rap and bad rap just like any type of music. Tupac is one of my favorite lyricists. The majority of his lyrics have strong meaning and he wrote his own music.

Mainstream rap/hip-hop is pretty laughable at best. It's nothing more than beats and rhythms that people can dance to in a club. That's really the only purpose I see for the majority of it. Most of the lyrics objectify women and only convey how much money the person with the mic has and how well he is spending it on super cars that he doesn't know anything about. In short, I don't like rap too much with the exception of a few artists.

i know what you mean man.. im a singer to a band i brought together and i love my voice.. i also play bass and guitar and i wright a lot of music..if i had a cam and mic id post it but a lot of people on this site and i am really sensitive about my music so id rather only show people who want to hear it.. ima just say we sound like old metalica with danzigs voice.. sorta.. anyway elite i saw you on youtube playing the guitar and i might have to say man you are nice at it.. ever think about making a band or something?
I just joined an 80s cover band not too long ago as the lead guitarist. We've got 12 songs down from artists including: Ratt, Scorpions, Night Ranger, Bon Jovi, The Cult, Billy Squire, Kenny Loggins, Loverboy, Blue Oyster Cult, and Dokken. I am the youngest in the band. Most of the guys are professional musicians in their late 30s.

Once we get some more songs down we're going to start playing in bars/weddings/corporate parties. I can't wait!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I just joined an 80s cover band not too long ago as the lead guitarist. We've got 12 songs down from artists including: Ratt, Scorpions, Night Ranger, Bon Jovi, The Cult, Billy Squire, Kenny Loggins, Loverboy, Blue Oyster Cult, and Dokken. I am the youngest in the band. Most of the guys are professional musicians in their late 30s.

Once we get some more songs down we're going to start playing in bars/weddings/corporate parties. I can't wait!
nice!!!

I wanna see this stuff too!!!

and screaming into a microphone and wearing your sisters pants makes you so cool.. i hate stereotypes.. the same way you rockers stereotype rappers is the same way they stereotype you..

cant think of lyrics? think of all the sad depressing things in your life.. then you come up with lyrics that dont ryme.. but hey who can tell when your just screaming the shit into a mic?.. the only good part of the band is the guitarist..

sorry im being an asshole.. really im sorry excuse me of this post
Alright, your first paragraph was a bit hard to decipher but I will try to work with you. Please please, pay attention next time, I responded to the stereotype by giving an example of the music that Rockzilla specifically had listed. Indeed I did not imply anything stereotypical, I was giving one example and trying to figure out what makes this specific song/band "real music" (PLEASE NOTE THE STEREOTYPE I'M POINTING IT OUT FOR YOU.)

oBryant

Noob
Alright, your first paragraph was a bit hard to decipher but I will try to work with you. Please please, pay attention next time, I responded to the stereotype by giving an example of the music that Rockzilla specifically had listed. Indeed I did not imply anything stereotypical, I was giving one example and trying to figure out what makes this specific song/band "real music" (PLEASE NOTE THE STEREOTYPE I'M POINTING IT OUT FOR YOU.)
its koo..