What's new

music

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Mostly mid 90s rock, alternative etc. A lot of Type O Negative and Alanis Morissette.

Also,

Alice in Chains, Cranberries, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Garbage, Green Day, Metallica, Natalie Imbruglia, Natalie Merchant, Nirvana, Offspring, Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rob Zombie, Sheryl Crow, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Dave Matthews Band, Bush, Fear Factory, Fiona Apple, Filter, Foo Fighters, Gwen, Guns 'n' Roses, Hole, old Korn, Manson, NIN, No Doubt, Pantera, old Pearl Jam, Poe, Primus, Radiohead, Tool.

A lot of other misc 90s bands I liked random songs for.

ilovepoop said:
i like about 90% of wat shock has mentioned especially excluding sheryl crow
Same here. Alot of 80s Stuff, And alot of Metal. Old Metallica Being my Favorite. Manson Owns, Alot of Guitar. Some Intrumental Music and Electronica(Such as Halo and MK theme)

Check the Whole list here

www.myspace.com/skittlechaser

Scroll Straight Down.

XL

Noob
Even though I don't listen to alot of music, I pretty much like everything but country and rap.

My favorite band is by far Evanescence. I have all of their songs, including the many ones they made before their debut CD, Fallen.

Derek

Noob
Well, I'm with Shock and ILP I love early 90's stuff. I'm just going to make a list.

30 Seconds To Mars
Adema
Alice in Chains
Andrew W.K.
Atreyu
Audioslave
Avenged Sevenfold
Beastie Boys
Blindside
Breaking Benjamin
Dragonforce
Drowning Pool
Eminem
Foo Fighters
Godsmack
Hed P.E.
Ill Nino
Incubus
Johnny Cash
Lacuna Coil
Lost Prophets
Metallica
Mudvayne
Nightwish
Orgy
Pantera
Papa Roach
Powerman 5000
Pulse Ultra
Ra
Rage Against The Machine
Rammstein
Rob Zombie
Skindred
Slayer
Slipknot
Smashing Pumpkins
Static-X
System of a Down
Taproot
The Offspring
The Pixies
Three Days Grace
Tool
Trivium
Trust Company
Weezer

Yeah, I pretty much went through my iPod and just went through the bands there's more but I'm lazy. Yes, I'm anal and put the whole thing in A-Z order, wanna fight about it?

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Grindcore mostly, also some prog/jazz/blues/fusion, but my current fav bands are:
Cephalic Carnage
Cryptopsy
Dillinger Escape Plan
Meshuggah
Dying Fetus
Nile
Soilent Green
Necrophagist
Psycophagist
Lux Occulta
Dream Theater
Spiral Architect
Morbid Angel (just being my fav of the classicks)
hmmm that's not all, but it would be too much to write it all of them...

NinjaGrinder said:
Grindcore mostly
Ever heard of Anarchus? One of the fathers of Grindcore from 1987, and basically the first Grindcore band in Mexico? Just curious cuz I know those guys and play in a band with their old bassist and covered one of their songs "Gone with the Flames". Also, you are from Columbia, do you know Inquisition? They live here now but when i think of Columbia I think of them haha.

Anyways, I listen to Speed/Black/Thrash/Doom/Traditional Heavy Metal. No garbage nu-"metal" IE Korn or Disturbed or Slipknot or some other fucking talentless 1 finger chord music that features someone rapping angry with guitars so it is defined "metal"

I used to be into Death Metal but it hasn't really been strong since the mid 90's, and there are so many pretenders out there now With all the Metalcore bs out there today.

some of my fav bands...

Sabbat
Metalucifer
Ved Buens Ende...
Unholy (the finland one)
Bathory
Mayhem (old)
Satyricon (demos and first 3 albums only)
Emperor (old)
Bethlehem - (Dark Metal album)
Darkthrone (old)
Acid
Cirith Ungol
Sodom
Destruction (old)

Fuck it I know a million bands

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Used to be into 80's, but can't stand most of it any longer. I really like Depeche Mode, and Motley Crue. Hair bands, and synth, some country. Everything else is ok too, as long as it doesn't suck! lol

dreemernj

Ambassador
My musical tastes have been getting weirder and weirder.

I am a huge fan of Metallica, have been for a while, with a LOT of their stuff, going back to garage recordings.

I love Zombie (both Rob and White), and I think the only thing I haven't heard is Gods of Voodoo Moon. But I don't think many people have heard that.

I actually really like Yoko Kanno. If you watch anime you've probably heard her music. She did the music for Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, a few Gundams, Jin Roh, Wolf's Rain, Rahxephon, Escaflowne movie, Macross Plus and others, and also for a couple of games like Romance of the 3 kingdoms.

The Cowboy Bebop Soundtracks and SAC Sountracks I have are amazing and I also grabbed her own CD. She composes stuff for almost every kind of music.

And I am also a fan of:
Pearl Jam
U2
Foo Fighters
Beastie Boys
Gorillaz
The Offspring
Prodigy
Coldplay
Johhny Cash
NIN
Rolling Stones
Smashing Pumpkins
Stabbing Westward
System of a down
Leonard Cohen
Sublime
Coal Chamber
A bunch of others I am forgetting

And of course, Weird Al.

Danzig
Misfits
Sam Hein
Pennywise
Black Flag
Rancid
Flogging Molly
Frenzal Rhomb
NOFX
In Flames
Corrosion of Comformity
Lamb of God
AnalCunt
Assjack
Hank Williams III and the damn band
Creedance Clearwater
Rev. Horton Heat
Supertones
Reel Big Fish

mostly punk, metal, and hellbilly.

NinjaGrinder

ÐarkMoon said:
NinjaGrinder said:
Grindcore mostly
Ever heard of Anarchus? One of the fathers of Grindcore from 1987, and basically the first Grindcore band in Mexico? Just curious cuz I know those guys and play in a band with their old bassist and covered one of their songs "Gone with the Flames". Also, you are from Columbia, do you know Inquisition? They live here now but when i think of Columbia I think of them haha.
well
1.it's ColOmbia-fucking hate it when people say columbia, damn
2. anarchus? nope, I haven't heard of them. one of the fathers of grindcore you say? from 1987? I don't think so, ND had been around since 1982 I believe...think of the Flesh Ripping Sonic Torment Demo from carcass...that's 1985...
3. yeah I know inquisition, but I despise black metal. well. that's now, back in school I used to love it :oops:

NinjaGrinder said:
ÐarkMoon said:
NinjaGrinder said:
Grindcore mostly
well
1.it's ColOmbia-fucking hate it when people say columbia, damn
2. anarchus? nope, I haven't heard of them. one of the fathers of grindcore you say? from 1987? I don't think so, ND had been around since 1982 I believe...think of the Flesh Ripping Sonic Torment Demo from carcass...that's 1985...
3. yeah I know inquisition, but I despise black metal. well. that's now, back in school I used to love it :oops:
Sorry about the spelling error man. Didn't pay attention. Truce?

Yea Napalm Death had been around since 1982 thats why i said one of the fathers, not the fathers. Before there was Anarchus there was Repulsion and Terrorizer and Carcass as you say among a few others. However i was mainly meaning one of the first pioneers of grindcore this side of the atlantic, and definately one of the first to come from south america. I'm not that much of a dumbfuck I didn't mean they were the FIRST. You should check them out reguardless, because they did make an impact in the underground so many years ago. Shit they were good enough to be flown to Morrisound studios in Florida back then and record with Terrorizer.

Anyways, sorry for mistake. Atleast i knew wtf you were talking about right? and didn't say i liked Slipknot or something, haha.

NinjaGrinder

ok truce lol
but still, you wrote it twice :shock:
and, I don't want to be a dick, but first u said they were from Mexico and now u say "from south america" so :? it just offends me when people see all latin countries like a one and only mass of "latin people". that's all.
and now that u say they recorded with terrorizer, I should take a look at this.
cya

X820

Noob
Wow, all metalheadz here LOL!

I'm more into electronic music myself, but that's too much to some up..

I always liked hip hop and gansta rap back in the days;

N.W.A
Dr.Dre
Snoop (ofcourse)
Ice Cube

etc. ;)

CYPRESS HILL !!!!!

Just taking the more predominant bands off my Foobar2000 list...

All That Remains
Amon Amarth
Children of Bodom
Chimaira
Dark Tranquillity
In Flames
Insomnium
Kalmah
Killswitch Engage
Meshuggah
Mnemic
Soilwork