What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Multiple variations of Scorpion shown

haketh

Noob
Real talk each character having Three Moons *Different styles* was what drew me to Melty Blood in the first place.

Probably the best thing for fighting games to do and get multiple fighting styles represented while saving money on modeling.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Real talk each character having Three Moons *Different styles* was what drew me to Melty Blood in the first place.

Probably the best thing for fighting games to do and get multiple fighting styles represented while saving money on modeling.
There have been so many iterations of the core roster, that this approach makes perfect sense.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Good catch.

Man.... If they do what I hope they're gonna do with this concept this game has the potential to be one of the deepest fighters of all time.

Want to keep expectations neutral though and let NRS just do their thing.

God I'm so fucking glad MK is back.
I mentioned in a thread a while back that if each character has all three components (zoning/ anti zoning/ rush down) that the player could choose from or whatever at the select screen, this game would flourish for many years.

*high five*

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I mentioned in a thread a while back that if each character has all three components (zoning/ anti zoning/ rush down) that the player could choose from or whatever at the select screen, this game would flourish for many years.

*high five*

I also remember stating right after, that we'll have to deal with some 90 different MUs, haha. I dont think I was wrong now.

Backfire

Noob
I hope this character variations doesnt ruin the game. im interested to see what it will be like, just nervous at the same time.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
same with sub. check his mask throughout tge match. his mask glows when he uses the parry. when he clones, it does not
I was going to mention this, as well. His mask is clearly glowing during parts of the trailer.

I'm REALLY hoping these character variations are some sort of stance or style switch and not a separate character altogether. Having them all combined into one character sort of like how Wonder Woman and Nightwing work in INJ would make each character feel a lot deeper.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I was going to mention this, as well. His mask is clearly glowing during parts of the trailer.

I'm REALLY hoping these character variations are some sort of stance or style switch and not a separate character altogether. Having them all combined into one character sort of like how Wonder Woman and Nightwing work in INJ would make each character feel a lot deeper.
I'm not sure which would be better at this point...

But I'm thinking having the versions selectable at character select would be the better way to go. That way we don't have a bunch of MMHs running rampant in MKX.

Reactions: RYX

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
what kind of mu chart madness will happen on TYM with 3 different versions of chars
also it will bring back stuff like rushdown freddy vs zoning freddy x100 lol

your evil geniuses nrs!

Won't this feature create constant counter picking? Assuming that you decide ur char type at the character select screen?Ex. the zoning version of my char beats your melee version so next round you switch char type and I lose, so I switch to a different char type, and etc.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm not sure which would be better at this point...

But I'm thinking having the versions selectable at character select would be the better way to go. That way we don't have a bunch of MMHs running rampant in MKX.
True.

Theoretically you could main Scorpion, lose a match and then counter pick the next match but STILL pick Scorpion, just with a different moveset/properties.

Either way, I'm so incredibly excited for this game. I can barely stand it.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
True.

Theoretically you could main Scorpion, lose a match and then counter pick the next match but STILL pick Scorpion, just with a different moveset/properties.

Either way, I'm so incredibly excited for this game. I can barely stand it.
Exactly!

And that's why I'm thinking it will be better to choose at the select screen. I'd love to be able to play purely sub zero and not have to switch vs characters like Kenshi!

Cash

Noob
After thinking about it the stance style at character select might not be so bad! It gives me the ability to remain a character loyalist! I could pick one version of Scorpion for certain matchup's and another for other matchup's. This will take more grinding but if this is effective we could see a lot more character loyalist. This might put an end to counter pickers in the sense of multi character though because the need for multiple characters may not be there. I just wonder how that will handle tourney wise?

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
i kinda think that scorpion and subsy might actually be place holders for undead liu kang and raiden in some points in the fight as alot of scorpion's moves seem like they are not his and something in the dialogue could draw to the end of mk9 plus aint the first time scorps has had a place holder (his 2nd demo fatality being quan chi's in mk9 )

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Won't this feature create constant counter picking? Assuming that you decide ur char type at the character select screen?Ex. the zoning version of my char beats your melee version so next round you switch char type and I lose, so I switch to a different char type, and etc.
There will be probably be invisble cursor option ibut me this time they need to show the player picking it glow a it but we can see what were doing where opponents can.

Offline tourney has rules, online doesnt.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM

Last Melty Blood I played was Act Candeza so I don't even know how the moons worked, or which moon my main was best in.